Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If an Altcoin has a chance to overtake Ethereum, which one would it be?  (Read 448 times)
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 02:37:35 PM

None. I don't get why people want the next "Ethereum killer"? Is it because you got in too late into ETH?
Guys, ETH was at 80 bucks only a few months ago!
junkerr

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 02:51:09 PM

None. I don't get why people want the next "Ethereum killer"? Is it because you got in too late into ETH?
Guys, ETH was at 80 bucks only a few months ago!
I thought it was just an assumption. Ethereum's strength to date is still the best. other altcoins I don't think anyone has reached yet. I'm not sure anyone will ever be able to replace ETH's current position. Even for BNB which is currently popular, I believe it will still take a long time for BNB to be equal to ETH.

ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 03:24:00 PM

The most exited another altcoin to take over ethereum is BSC and Polkadot. Why ? Because manu developer already build on BSC and polkadot. Look at coinmarketcap. And i choose number 1 will take ethereum is BSC because it is also using solidity so ethereum developer will change the network faster. And there will be big and optimis project on BSC, its XSL Labs project using BSC now.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 05:26:23 AM

Yes, now it is very difficult to determine which coin will replace Ethereum. But the main problem for users is to avoid large commissions and also to quickly pass transactions. And the main competitor may be the Binanc Coin, since this coin is made according to the ERC-20 standard. And now it is very noticeable how the coin is gaining momentum in trading and, accordingly, the coin is being sold in price. So in the near future, the leaders of the coins may change significantly on the cryptocurrency market. And in order to buy and invest in Binanc Coin, you just need to use the Binanc exchange.
3trix

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 05:33:54 AM

What happens when ethereum update its prices ? people will leave binance
heztida3

Activity: 176
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 08:59:00 PM

A few coins previously referenced in your rundown
however I kinda feel inquisitive to see that for what reason didn't you list binance or your rundown
Does decentralization of binance turns into your fundamental worry to reject binance from your rundown.I see that if binance has a ton of potential and I see there are just a few coins that can rival ethereum very much like ADA and binance.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
memyselfandi

Activity: 573
Merit: 100

Futurov

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:27:01 PM

For me Avalanche and BNB has the capabilities to overtake or overpower ethereum but small amout of chance as of now because ethereum are very unpredictable and continuously soaring high as of the moment. Maybe for the next few years if those coins has some huge progress when it comes to market performance and stability.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V     The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 687

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:36:55 PM

I think none in the list could overtake ETH in the long run, BNB IMO has the biggest chance to overtake ETH as it's proving to be a worthy investment since it's already at the top 3 ranking and I think it will stay on this rank for a while until there's a big update that will be announce that might bring BNB at the number 2. Problem with ETH is that their development is kinda delayed but BNB is always on track.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TheWolf666

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 09:39:45 PM

Tron (TRX)
I have done smart contract with it, work smoothly, almost no fees, supported on any platforms with a lot of choices of wallets.
Also they support Solidity so moving from Ethereum is very simple. Like USDT did.

kak uli

Activity: 1246
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 05:47:08 AM

Ethereum fees are increased A LOT and it makes much more sense to stop sending transactions because we won’t make a profit from purchased coins, especially on Uniswap. If we don’t need to send a transaction, it makes much more send to avoid it and wait for cheaper fees.
But avoiding transactions shouldn’t be an issue for a well working platform. It is not how Blockchain should work. Ethereum has huge issues and it needs to be solved from Ethereum developers.

If it’s not gonna solved soon, we will see coins rising providing a better, cheaper and faster platform, where everyone can use it again and don’t suffer from high fees.
Many projects are building own solutions currently, to address expensive Ethereum’s weakness. It is quite hard to get an overview.

Here is my ranking list for coins if a coin has a chance to overtake Ethereum, which one would it be:

1. Avalanche. Avalanche is completely different from existing projects and experts have given Avalanche a high chance to be a big game changer for Blockchain and mainstream adoption because of interoperability, great decentralization and scalability in addition to low transaction fees. Avalanche was reviewed by SEQ and received a positive rating: https://medium.com/avalanche-hub/avalanche-consensus-the-biggest-breakthrough-since-nakamoto-66e9917fd656
2. Tezos. Tezos has been developed diligently be Tezos devs. It’s a solid, but very undervalued project. Tezos was reviewed by Blockgeeks and received a positive rating: https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-tezos/
3. IOTA. IOTA has been a leading project for innovative approaches but IOTA developers had difficulties to deliever. Currently, IOTA is very undervalued and can be a very wise pick because IOTA has made huge developments recently, like IOTA Chrysalis (IOTA 1.5). IOTA description and analysis: https://medium.com/iotatangle/chrysalis-iota-1-5-phase-1-now-live-on-mainnet-958ec4a4a415
4. Cosmos. Cosmos is a promising project for a scaling blockchain platform. It wasn’t hyped yet because developers are still diligently building. However, experts have some concerns of being too centralized and Cosmos has too high inflation. Cosmos was reviewed by SEQ and received a mixed rating: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/cosmos-an-early-in-depth-analysis-at-the-ecosystem-of-connected-blockchains-part-one-508cd679bac5
5. Waves. Waves is an established network of a next generation Ethereum platform but has failed so far to meet expectations. However, it is a big and experienced developer team and Waves seems to be very undervalued currently.
6. Solana. Solana has started developing under Anatoly Yakovenko’s hatch just recently. It has made big progress and is shilled by prominent YouTubers and marketing figures. Anatoly Yakovenko has developed a good marketing strategy but it remains unclear, if Solana can be a top aspirant for DeFi, because concerns remained, when Anatoly Yakovenko could not respond to critics sufficiently, when he was recently confronted. Solana received an endorsement from Coinbureau: https://www.coinbureau.com/review/solana-sol/
7. Polkadot. Polkadot was invented by Gavin Wood, who developed Ethereum before. Polkadot has already established a big ecosystem and is still growing. But a high inflation, limited scalability and centralisation (dPoS) are issues for Polkadot. Polkadot was reviewed by SEQ and received a mixed rating: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/polkadot-an-early-in-depth-analysis-part-three-limitations-and-issues-d8b0a795a3e
8. Cardano. Cardano has already a very high Marketcap and it’s very likely an overvalued coin. Cardano was started almost 5 years ago from Charles Hoskinson, an abandoned Ethereum developer. Cardano has constantly developed but in addition to a good marketing strategy, it hasn’t achieved a working mainnet platform of contracts, like Ethereum. Release was always pushed back and promised “soon” (you know). Delays are usual for Cardano.
9. Algorand. Algorand was very promising before it started but a bad planned ICO and a huge dump after launch, where VC and rich participants sold, caused a dump from 3$ to 0.20$ and left a huge loss for many members. Wasted opportunity but developers are still building.

Ethereum 2.0 remains superior here because it is not included in my list but we need to see how Ethereum 2.0 will look like. Ethereum 2.0 will be huge, for sure, but until it is live, competitors have a chance of overtaking Ethereum.

What’s your list of potential coins overtaking Ethereum?

Until now, there is no altcoin that has the opportunity to compete with ETH, but in the future we don't know which Altcoin is superior to ETHEREUM ??
But my prediction Polkadot will be very superior. Judging from the experience of developer Gavin Wood, and the one who has a great chance to overtake Ethereum is polkadot.

RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 09:59:01 AM

IOTA and HBAR
gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 09:09:47 PM

I do not think that such an experienced and powerful team as the developers of the Ethereum project will allow any other project to take the place of the second coin after Bitcoin. But if ever this can happen, then the place of Ethereum should rightfully be taken by Polkadot, with have ideas and plans to improve the blockchain. There is no more worthy contender to replace Ethereum.

Although it seems to me that this simply cannot happen. ETH has a very strong technical side, which will move both the coin and the network forward.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: