Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:11:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: metamask question  (Read 269 times)
cryptonoob25 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:27:02 AM

I transferred eth to metamask then converted it to dai. Now I need to send the dai to kucoin. Dai is listed on kucoin, but I'm wondering if I'm allowed to send dai or I can only send and receive eth? It's a stupid question but I don't want to lose the dai if that's the case. Thanks!
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 10:32:01 AM

I'm pretty sure as long as the exchange supports the deposit and withdrawals of the coin, it's going to be okay.

Upon searching in Google, I saw this link for the support of DAI.

https://www.kucoin.com/news/en-dent-bloc-dai-deposits-and-withdrawals-now-open

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:38:38 AM

I transferred eth to metamask then converted it to dai. Now I need to send the dai to kucoin. Dai is listed on kucoin, but I'm wondering if I'm allowed to send dai or I can only send and receive eth? It's a stupid question but I don't want to lose the dai if that's the case. Thanks!

if you still have ethereum in your metamask wallet to pay the transactions fee, i think you can send your DAI to any exchange mate
but of course if the exchange support this DAI

gost111

Activity: 1652
Merit: 382

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:40:47 AM

Of course , you can, DAI is based on the ETH blockchain, especially since the Kucoin exchange supports this coin ,no problems should arise  Wink
cryptonoob25 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:51:40 AM

Thanks guys. I have enough eth to cover the transaction, but I usually test send a small amount before sending the bulk. The gas fees would be ridiculous just to test send. Just wanted to confirm!
cryptonoob25 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 11:09:23 AM

I just sent them over and I can't buy anything with them... I thought I'd be able to convert them to usdt or buy btc with them... This is so dumb. Do I have to send them back and convert them and send them again...?
gost111

Activity: 1652
Merit: 382

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 11:16:53 AM

I just sent them over and I can't buy anything with them... I thought I'd be able to convert them to usdt or buy btc with them... This is so dumb. Do I have to send them back and convert them and send them again...?
Why can't you buy anything ,I see several trading pairs there https://trade.kucoin.com/USDT-DAI https://trade.kucoin.com/BTC-DAI Wink
cryptonoob25 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 11:21:48 AM

I'm an idiot... I figured out the problem. Thanks guys! In the Field for the price I was putting in the dai amount instead of the btc price buy...
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 12:34:47 PM

I'm an idiot... I figured out the problem. Thanks guys! In the Field for the price I was putting in the dai amount instead of the btc price buy...
When you are making trade order make sure that you are entering the right value on every box because there are lots of people sold or bought for wrong price than actual market price.
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1032

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 12:51:54 PM

When you are making trade order make sure that you are entering the right value on every box because there are lots of people sold or bought for wrong price than actual market price.
Just see on ask box, If you put on a bid, it will need more time to exchange it until your price bid buying by another.

On Metamask you can swap DAI to ETH on otherwise. but you will know that needs a higher fee to do that.

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 02:40:37 PM

Just see on ask box, If you put on a bid, it will need more time to exchange it until your price bid buying by another.

On Metamask you can swap DAI to ETH on otherwise. but you will know that needs a higher fee to do that.
Swap is more expensive than spot trading and its not advisable to do especially when the network is really congested. And to answer OP, he was already deposited to exchange but having difficulties while making the trade orders that is why I said it is important to double check the entered values before executing the trades.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 02:58:18 PM

It's not a stupid question you can ask anything here as long as you want help, and as long as the token are on the same chain you can send it, Dai is on Ethereum so the address that you are going to use is that of the Ethereum.
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:28:17 PM

You can send your DAI to your kucoin's account by generating the DAI deposit address and then send it. The main concern should be you need ethereum to send your DAI.
The fees are a must to be paid on ethereum network. As long as you have doubled check your DAI deposit address on your kucoin account and everything will be fine

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Review Master

Activity: 1428
Merit: 275

BitByte Crypto: https://link3.to/bitbytecrypto

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 03:49:34 PM

Don't need to repeat that again as there are so many pairs for DAI. So, just go to market section , than search "DAI" and you'll get the pairs of DAI where you can do trades to convert DAI into other crypto asset like bitcoin, ethereum, usdt or Maker (As these 4 pairs are available on kucoin). If you send back to metamask wallet, than you might need to spend high gas fees which won't be good choice for portfolio.

▄▄ BITBYTE CRYPTO ▄▄
Be A Crypto Veteran Together
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   TWITTER | TG GROUP | TG CHANNEL | YOUTUBE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 06:00:58 PM

Of course you can send your DAI from metamask because it is based on ERC20, provide gas for your transaction fees goodluck

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 07:58:14 PM

You do everything right, only I do not understand the logic of your actions.
Each exchange supports Ethereum trading. I think it will be difficult to find an exchange where there is no Ethereum Smiley
An Ethereum transaction from one address to another costs $ 10.
The token transaction costs $ 40.
You could send Ethereum to the kucoin exchange and pay $ 10 in commission, and then buy DAI.
Instead, you do a swap ($ 40), a trial transaction of a small amount ($ 40), the main transaction($ 40). What for???

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 08:08:13 PM

Thanks guys. I have enough eth to cover the transaction, but I usually test send a small amount before sending the bulk. The gas fees would be ridiculous just to test send. Just wanted to confirm!
You're doing fine.

That's what I do too when I'm in doubt and checking if the transaction has gone through. That's most likely to be the best way to know if you're doing fine and I guess the balance has already appeared in your kucoin account.

How much the fee you covered for the transaction?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 09:31:21 PM

Yes you can send DAI stable coin to kucoin exchange as far as the exchange supports the stablecoin, mind you just because DAI is running on erc20 smart contract doesn't mean you should deposit the stablecoin to ETH address on kucoin, make sure you copied the DAI stable coin address on kucoin for depositing not the ETH address
Myleschetty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 78

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:13:10 PM

You wondering you may lose the token since it wasn't Ethereum that you want to send. I believe the problem was you not knowing that DAI was a token issued on the Ethereum blockchain which some people called ERC20 token and there's no problem in you send the DAI to the exact ERC20 deposit address giving to you by Kucoin exchange.
cryptonoob25 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:54:51 PM

Don't need to repeat that again as there are so many pairs for DAI. So, just go to market section , than search "DAI" and you'll get the pairs of DAI where you can do trades to convert DAI into other crypto asset like bitcoin, ethereum, usdt or Maker (As these 4 pairs are available on kucoin). If you send back to metamask wallet, than you might need to spend high gas fees which won't be good choice for portfolio.
This was my biggest problem, I never used metamask before. Wish someone told me that I can just send dai directly... You live and you learn. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: