Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 03:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum 2.0 - a Concern?  (Read 241 times)
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2021, 05:05:38 PM

If Ethereum 2.0 comes out, will that be a new separate coin and will it bring down the value of Ethereum and Ethereum Classic that is currently in Coinbase or Gemini?   Huh

Ethereum 2.0 phase 0 has already kicked off on December 1st. Ethereum 2.0 phase 0 does not yet allow the creation of wallets on the Ethereum 2.0 blockchain. This feature will be added in Phase 1.
Eth2.0 = Eth1.0. 2 parallel blockchains will work on different POS and POW algorithms.
https://launchpad.ethereum.org/
"What is eth2 phase 0?
Transitioning from proof-of-work (PoW) to proof-of-stake (PoS), eth2 will be launched in at least 4 phases. The idea is to break up this transition into phases each focusing on a different aspect of eth2.
Phase 0 contains all of the machinery behind eth2's PoS consensus, it tracks the validators and their balances.
Phase 1 handles adding, storing, and retrieving the data associated with eth2's shards.
Phase 1.5 updates Ethereum as we know it today from PoW to PoS by making it a shard under eth2.
Phase 2 Phase 2 adds execution to the remaining eth2 shards which enables smart contracts to run on all of the shards."

I want to understand, all tokens that are in Ethereum will they be available in Ethereum 2.0? I just can't figure it out if there will be 2 different blockchains?

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 07:57:21 PM

Ethereum will continue to evolve, no doubt about it. Ethereum 2.0 was designed with security and scalability in mind. I hope that soon all our questions will be answered, all problems will remain in the past.

We will be able to fully work with ETH, and the network will continue to develop. Now that transactions are very expensive and slow, many people are leaving for other alternative crypto. But as soon as the 2.0 updates are introduced, users will return to the Ethereum network again. Cool
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: