Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:30:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I get started with website mining?  (Read 84 times)
deus_vult (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:47:30 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2021, 11:29:31 PM by deus_vult

Hello, I've been researching about mining with website, but I don't seem to be finding reviews about the websites that people have suggested.
I'd like to implement mining on my website using javascript. Can anyone point me directions?
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 05:03:54 AM

Hello, I've been researching about mining with website, but I don't seem to be finding reviews about the websites that people have suggested.
I'd like to implement mining on my website using javascript. Can anyone point me directions?

You are going to really upset your visitors if you do this. Whether its intentional or not. I remember piratebay decided to get rid of ads and instead they added mining to their website. I think they were mining XMR because BTC or ETH you cannot mine with a CPU.

Anyways they got tons of negative results and they decided to abandon the idea. I think the reason why this doesn't work is because if you got an i5 cpu then you wouldn't mind hashing on one core. However most people these days are using laptops to browse the web and those are never ideal for mining. So even if mining with 1 core the CPU fan speed speeds up, laptop gets hot, people are pissed and leave the website. I would advise against this.
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 05:38:55 AM

Anyways they got tons of negative results and they decided to abandon the idea. I think the reason why this doesn't work is because if you got an i5 cpu then you wouldn't mind hashing on one core. However most people these days are using laptops to browse the web and those are never ideal for mining. So even if mining with 1 core the CPU fan speed speeds up, laptop gets hot, people are pissed and leave the website. I would advise against this.

Some web sites were doing it without disclosing it. Even with disclosure laptop users were pissed their batteries were draining faster.
Most users being unfamiliar with POW mining didn't realize the implications of allowing it on their PC.

deus_vult (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 05:40:03 AM

You are going to really upset your visitors if you do this. Whether its intentional or not. I remember piratebay decided to get rid of ads and instead they added mining to their website. I think they were mining XMR because BTC or ETH you cannot mine with a CPU.

I know right, but I was thinking about setting it up for using less resources. Isn't there a way out?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: