Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:20:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: holding bitcoin from early 2010 till today  (Read 1457 times)
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 03:26:40 PM

This guy https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3 and maybe some of the early pioneers who left the forum a long time ago.

I doubt someone else would publicly declare it now for privacy and security reasons. It will be an open invitation for hacking and other attacks.
Your example should not be included, I mean he is the founder so I am pretty sure that satoshi would hodl on to that bitcoin no matter what. I do agree that someone won't declare that they own a lot of bitcoin because I am pretty sure that there is a lot of people out there that will try to steal that bitcoin out of their hands.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 03:38:34 PM

Of course there are people who are still holding them. This website shows top Bitcoin addresses that have been dormant for at least 5 years. This includes addresses from 2010. Obviously, It's hard to distinguish the addresses whose owners could have lost access to those that are still accessible but among them, I believe there are people who are still faithfully holding their coins.

Yes, I also think there are still several people that are still holding them. However, due to privacy and security reasons, they will not disclose their identity in this forum or even in different platforms. You wouldn't want to be targeted by the hackers if it were you, do you? They certainly have plans for long term that's why they are still holding it. Surely, these people know how to plan, play and strategize.

Although for sure, there are many people that already sold a portion of their fund during the year 2017 when bitcoin was really bullish. I can't blame them though. After all, we have our own personal reasons why we sell our assets.  
There must be, of course he will hide his identity for his safety and protect his assets from hackers and bad people, because it is certain that the profits he gets are very large, because in 2010 the price of 1 bitcoin was only less than $ 1.
And with such a low price, anyone can buy it in large quantities and maybe their very strong belief in bitcoin in the next 10 years will be extraordinary, and what happened in 2017 made their optimism even stronger that the bitcoin price will continue to rise.

looks like they sold some of their profits in 2017 and the rest remains on hold. Grin

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 11:53:02 PM

This guy https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3 and maybe some of the early pioneers who left the forum a long time ago.

I doubt someone else would publicly declare it now for privacy and security reasons. It will be an open invitation for hacking and other attacks.
Your example should not be included, I mean he is the founder so I am pretty sure that satoshi would hodl on to that bitcoin no matter what. I do agree that someone won't declare that they own a lot of bitcoin because I am pretty sure that there is a lot of people out there that will try to steal that bitcoin out of their hands.
well, people who really "have" will not carelessly show off what he has. it was sufficient for his personal pleasure, not for public consumption. I really salute people like that. keep a low profile, yes of course to maintain privacy and security. I'm pretty sure there are still early adopters who hold it to this day.
or there are also those who have released some of their assets and refilled their bags, that's the cycle.
don't see how big the profit is, but look at his persistence as a hodler in dealing with various storms to date. amazing right?

FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 03:38:26 AM

I think there will be cases of forgetting, or the people who created them still keep it.
Satoshi is one such person Smiley , I believe in it.
But honestly letting them last for such a long time I don't think it's for the majority and only a few to do this, and it's all conjecture, and we don't know it's happening how.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 06:01:36 AM

from the past until now I think it's only a small part, I think more people have sold it and done various other activities in the crypto world instead of holding it, of course it's not just investing or holding back.. there are more and more projects and businesses that are being run that continue to be developed from time to time with bitcoin/crypto.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 06:46:02 AM

~snip
well, people who really "have" will not carelessly show off what he has. it was sufficient for his personal pleasure, not for public consumption. I really salute people like that. keep a low profile, yes of course to maintain privacy and security. I'm pretty sure there are still early adopters who hold it to this day.
or there are also those who have released some of their assets and refilled their bags, that's the cycle.
don't see how big the profit is, but look at his persistence as a hodler in dealing with various storms to date. amazing right?
I think that's for the better, not showing off what you have because a lot of malicious entity is going to have their eyes on you trying to steal your hoard. No need to salute them, that's the normal thing that you should do when you have money.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 07:36:24 AM

is there someone holding  bitcoin from early 2010   when the price is around 0.01 and still not selling today?    just wondering?
I'm the class of 2016, I still keep some of my assets, because in 2010 I just graduated from school so I don't have enough capital to invest in bitcoin. But I'm sure to save bitcoin from 2010 is really very difficult, I myself feel 2 years even 5 years is a lot of temptation. But maybe there are still people here who have survived that far .
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 09:28:27 AM

is there someone holding  bitcoin from early 2010   when the price is around 0.01 and still not selling today?    just wondering?
I'm the class of 2016, I still keep some of my assets, because in 2010 I just graduated from school so I don't have enough capital to invest in bitcoin. But I'm sure to save bitcoin from 2010 is really very difficult, I myself feel 2 years even 5 years is a lot of temptation. But maybe there are still people here who have survived that far .
value of btc in 2010 is verry cheap and any small money would do but its hard to find btc that time because btc was new  .
 the best source to get  btc that time is i guess by mining  .
 we can easily get btc now but prices are not friendly and mining have gotten harder but you are blessed that you enter in 2016 and you havent sold some of your btc . only less people can hold for so long
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 09:42:02 AM

from the past until now I think it's only a small part, I think more people have sold it and done various other activities in the crypto world instead of holding it, of course it's not just investing or holding back.. there are more and more projects and businesses that are being run that continue to be developed from time to time with bitcoin/crypto.
From 2016, we already experience two bull runs, 1 in 2017, and the other is in 2021 or this year, I'm sure a lot of holders are already tempted to sell because the price has significantly increases. It is a great idea but I would salute those who still hold 100% of their holdings until now as they are the real holder.

ILuckyGuyI

Activity: 2086
Merit: 449

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 10:18:29 AM

I wish I was one of those people who have been HODLing a great number of Bitcoins.  Grin  I would get very rich by now. We all say this actually. If Bitcoin didn't reach these levels, we weren't gonna say something like this.
Forget about the past and make a difference in the present. You might say the same thing if you don't know bitcoin starting today and you don't continue your accumulation on it.
Everyone is going to be rich with patience and proper understanding in the market as they hold and buy bitcoin. While bitcoin hasn't reached more than the all time high, do what you think is right right now and that is to own a single bitcoin.

Actually I care about accumulating BTC so much now. I already bought some and continue to buy more when the price decreases. I'm aware that I will miss the next train if I don't take an action. I just wanted to indicate that I'd be quite rich now if I did it long time ago.  Grin

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Zilon

Activity: 966
Merit: 421

Bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2021, 11:54:08 AM

This would require a whole lot of dicipline but I guess we must certainly find some one who has actually passed that phase and still has his/her bitcoin till date. Considering how much massive profit it did few months back many would take profits and many might withdraw with the mind of buying more once the price drops back. But holding from 2010 till today still means such investor is still on profit and would have large blocks of Bitcoin in their wallets but I'm also wondering just the way you are if such people actually exist.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 01:28:24 PM

value of btc in 2010 is verry cheap and any small money would do but its hard to find btc that time because btc was new  .
 the best source to get  btc that time is i guess by mining  .
 we can easily get btc now but prices are not friendly and mining have gotten harder but you are blessed that you enter in 2016 and you havent sold some of your btc . only less people can hold for so long
yes that's right, if I could be as tough as they are to store bitcoin for decades. Unfortunately I'm still like the others, there are always temptations, but I'm still grateful that I still have some invested. And I hope I will repeat my luck with ETH coins. I hope that in the next 3 years ETH can achieve the target I want.
lenovop-70

Activity: 1190
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 21, 2021, 03:59:42 PM

Some of us did it, but the are never show up because security reason i guess. Just imagine they are declare it and the thief will come in, it will make trouble for theirself. Besides that, I think many of us still have it in the wallets but can't access it because of the login issue.
Rasa nanas

Activity: 1386
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 21, 2021, 05:01:44 PM

I'm sure there are still people holding bitcoins from 2010 to the present because the wallet owner has lost access to the wallet. in 2010 the price of bitcoin was very cheap and no one expected the next 10 years the price of bitcoin was so high that many people kept the phrase carelessly. even if they keep the phrase well i'm not sure they can hold bitcoins when the bitcoin price hits $1k.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: