Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:15:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash power saving  (Read 103 times)
CrossroadBTC (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2021, 01:50:03 PM

Anyone using Nicehash software here? I find something interesting using the software today and I've been trying to find ways to limit power draw when mining but Nicehash did the trick, I mined ethereum using gtx1660super at 31mh @82 watts max and also rx580s at 30mh using 80watts then I find out that Nicehash have power control, I though it was for show until I activate it in settings and click on low power mode, this decrease all my gpu power draw to 75 -76 watts for both the Nvidia and AMD cards, awesome, if you haven't done this it's worth checking out if you care about more power saving

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
March 03, 2021, 01:57:23 PM

If you really care about power usage get a wattmeter (killowatt) and measure the true draw of the rig.  Thst 70-90watts you seeing on screen is only part of the power the amd card is drawing.  Amd driver does not report power through slot/riser...so you are missing a lot of what the card is actually using.  There is no rx480 that draw actually 75w while mining.  it may show that on the screen but when you measure rig power you will see actual system draw.

But you did save some poer by limiting.
Williamm07

Activity: 181
Merit: 14

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 03, 2021, 02:03:52 PM

Even if you are getting 70ish watt in miner doesn't meant that's all the power that your gpus are running on, I'm betting a rx580 doing 31mh will draw up to 100watts if not bit more, get a wattmeter for real results on power draw, also you get nothing on CPU, motherboard, ram stick, Fans power draw, it's like been in the dark mate

fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 03:09:19 PM

Anyone using Nicehash software here? I find something interesting using the software today and I've been trying to find ways to limit power draw when mining but Nicehash did the trick, I mined ethereum using gtx1660super at 31mh @82 watts max and also rx580s at 30mh using 80watts then I find out that Nicehash have power control, I though it was for show until I activate it in settings and click on low power mode, this decrease all my gpu power draw to 75 -76 watts for both the Nvidia and AMD cards, awesome, if you haven't done this it's worth checking out if you care about more power saving
dont depend on software measurment you need to use wattmeter to see real power usage and dont to much trust on people posting about low power gpu before you tried by yourself, and there is no such thing polaris mining under 100w except you life on iceland  Cheesy & got best silicon lottery

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 03:23:22 PM

dont depend on software measurment you need to use wattmeter to see real power usage and dont to much trust on people posting about low power gpu before you tried by yourself, and there is no such thing polaris mining under 100w except you life on iceland  Cheesy & got best silicon lottery
I've ordered for wattmeter because I really want to unveil how much RX 580 and 480 are pulling when mining, I suspect they pull more because my inverter is showing different power draw than what miner is showing, miners watt draw is fake

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: