Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How dose one set up multiple rigs to mine to one wallet?  (Read 151 times)
f03_h4mm3r (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 05:28:19 PM

I have 3 gaming PC's in my home that I want to use for mining ETH while they are not being used. They're only really used on the weekends, so all week long they can be mining. All 3 rigs are almost identical. Ryzen 5 CPU or Core i5, all have 16GBs ram, all have 650W or higher PSU, all have RX 580 8G cards, and all are running Windows 10.

I've set up each one with phoenix miner, added the correct settings, and have all 3 mining to ethermine.org., and all 3 dumping to one Metamask wallet. When I look at whattomine.com, it says a single 580 should be getting a daily reward of 0.0017 @ 30Mh. And for 3 580s the daily should be 0.0052 @ 91Mh. When looking at the dashboard on ethermine.org, I can see all 3 rigs as active workers. however, even with all 3 running, I'm only getting 0.00099 rewards per day, and avg of 22.6Mh. I've tried looking up how to set up multiple rigs in one home, but I'm not seeing any answers online.

I do realize my Mh will we lower than normal, as I have not set up the cards specifically for mining. They are still using the most recent version of the Radeon Software meant for gaming. Does that really lower the Mh rate to an average of 7-8Mh per card?

I do get the impression that the pool sends out one work order to my IP, and work order is shared between all 3 rigs, and you only get credit for 1 rig solving the work order. So if that's true, then how do you set up your network to allow each machine to work on a separate block? I've tried adjusting the pool order for each rig, so they are each focused on a different pool, such as, rig 1 is focused on the east US pool, rig 2 is focused on the west US pool, and rig 3 is focused on the EU pools. It doesn't change my rates or estimated earnings.

Any help is much appreciated. Even if you just point me in the right direction. It's possible I'm just not using the correct terminology when searching for my answer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 05:56:26 PM

Is your all worker names are same?
You can add many rigs as you wish you only need give different worker names. On Phoenix you can just name it after yourwallet.RIGNAME or -worker RIGNAME. Then on ethermine you will see 3 workers working for 1 wallet.
f03_h4mm3r (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 06:00:15 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2021, 06:46:45 PM by f03_h4mm3r

Yes, each rig has a different name. And each is viewable in the dashboard of ethermine.org. I've been letting them all run for a little over a week straight with no interruptions to get accurate averages.
f03_h4mm3r (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 10:04:28 PM

I've noticed that almost 20 people have looked at this, but no one has provided any insight or answers. Is my question something you're not supposed to discuss/talk about? Just curious if this topic is taboo.
Bathmat

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 10:35:18 PM

What is Phoenix Miner reporting as the hashrate for each rig? Did you switch to compute mode? Did you mod the GPU BIOS with timing straps or use strap injection? Did you set core and memory clocks for mining or just using stock clocks? There are more steps required to get 30Mh/s than just turn the miner on and let it run.
JayDDee

Activity: 1388
Merit: 220

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 01:30:22 AM

There's no magic in setting up multiple rigs, each one stands on it's own.
You're issue is hash rate. There may be a problem with 1 or all rigs, troubleshoot each
one individually.

You need to provide details of what each one is doing.

batsonxl

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 06:01:32 AM

There's no magic in setting up multiple rigs, each one stands on it's own.
You're issue is hash rate. There may be a problem with 1 or all rigs, troubleshoot each
one individually.

You need to provide details of what each one is doing.
Yes he is right. you must give more details about your problem. share all bat files and make screenshot maybe.
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 06:06:59 AM

The pool isn't the problem, whatever AMD driver you are using make sure you activate Compute Mode in the settings, look for it in AMD settings carefully and activate it, you will see increment in hashrate

MinerMonitoring

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2021, 08:01:29 AM

Also your AVG hashrate is much lower, if they are not mining everyday. But yeah, check mining hashrate from PhoenixMiner console view first.
f03_h4mm3r (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 11:43:00 AM

What is Phoenix Miner reporting as the hashrate for each rig? Did you switch to compute mode? Did you mod the GPU BIOS with timing straps or use strap injection? Did you set core and memory clocks for mining or just using stock clocks? There are more steps required to get 30Mh/s than just turn the miner on and let it run.

Each rig is reporting a hashrate of about 8Mh.

I did not switch to computer mode. Thank you for the info, I will look into that.

No, I did not mod the GPU BIOS, as stated, these computers are still used for playing games, so I do not want to take away that ability. My only intention is to give them a second function while they are not being used.

I'm using the stock clock speeds. I'm not sure what you mean by, "set core memory clocks for mining", but I will look into that. Are you referring to overclocking the GPU?

I am aware that I will not get 30Mh/s with the stock settings, I just didn't realize it would be almost 1/4 the hashrate if you did not adjust the cards for mining specifically. If that is the case, and the stock settings only yield an average of 8Mh/s, then it is what it is. I don't intend on applying any BIOS mod to the GPUs, as I want to continue to be able to use these rigs for playing games.
Thank you for you help, I do appreciate the info.
f03_h4mm3r (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 12:57:55 PM

After finding the compute mode setting, and restarting the mining in compute mode, my hashrates have gone up to 19-23Mh/s, each rig is slightly different. These hashrates are much more in-line with what I was expecting. This was the piece of info I was missing.

Thank you!
Bathmat

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 01:35:20 PM

After finding the compute mode setting, and restarting the mining in compute mode, my hashrates have gone up to 19-23Mh/s, each rig is slightly different. These hashrates are much more in-line with what I was expecting. This was the piece of info I was missing.

Thank you!

No problem. From your other question, yes, by setting core and memory clock, I meant overclocking the GPU. Although, for ETH you probably want over-clock the memory and under-clock the core. Even with stock timings, you can get around 24-25Mh/s per GPU with the correct clocks. There are several guides on how to start mining (some even in this forum), if you just do a little searching and research.
batsonxl

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 02:25:49 PM

Hehe so compute mode was not turned on? i understood this way: he is getting only one rig working on 30mhs.
If you are using phoenix miner then add this : -cclock 1150 -cvddc 950 -mclock 2050 -mvddc 950 -mt 1 -rxboost 1
with this you will get 30 mhs, if it is stable then decrease voltage.
f03_h4mm3r (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 02:50:17 PM

Thank you batsonxl. I will try this as well.
Thank you everyone for your help.
sirmathew

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 03:17:23 PM

No, I did not mod the GPU BIOS, as stated, these computers are still used for playing games, so I do not want to take away that ability. My only intention is to give them a second function while they are not being used.

I am aware that I will not get 30Mh/s with the stock settings, I just didn't realize it would be almost 1/4 the hashrate if you did not adjust the cards for mining specifically. If that is the case, and the stock settings only yield an average of 8Mh/s, then it is what it is. I don't intend on applying any BIOS mod to the GPUs, as I want to continue to be able to use these rigs for playing games.
Thank you for you help, I do appreciate the info.

From what i know, i have mine 5700xt also bios modded, after bios modding the performance in games is not reduced.
Williamm07

Activity: 181
Merit: 14

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 08:02:08 AM

You can't name all your rigs the same name, it should be miner01, miner02 etc but insert same ethereum wallet in the rigs and all the rigs will mine straight to the wallet

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 10:09:10 AM

You can't name all your rigs the same name, it should be miner01, miner02 etc but insert same ethereum wallet in the rigs and all the rigs will mine straight to the wallet
And you try to name 3 installations with the same name and you will see that there will be 1 rig in the control panel and the hash rate from all computers will be summed up.
It has nothing to do with the mining hashrate.
If you do this, then you will not know which computer is not working for you, so you will have to check 3 computers instead of one.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██