Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:48:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My ADA BEP20 is stuck in limbo on the safepal wallet  (Read 90 times)
yat97 (OP)

Activity: 171
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 06:11:17 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2021, 06:33:20 AM by yat97

I have about 530 ADA. I want to convert it to another coin, but no matter what coin. I can't swap it for anything. I can't swap it for ADA BEP2 either. I can't send it to another ADA address because its not compatible. Any time I try to swap it, it says "BNB(BEP20) is not enough to pay for miners."

I really REALLY wish there was more warning out there for noobs to crypto not to get BEP20 because it's stuck unless... I guess you have thousands to pay in fees or something vs I guess ERC20 not sure. I didn't know which ADA to get so I just went with the default on the safepal app.

I was wanting to send my ADA from my smart pal to ADA on Exodus but apparently they are different. Uhg. man it's so exhausting leaning about this stuff and getting all these massive fees.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogtana

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 07:41:29 AM

ADA is not BEP20, it is its own coin.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 07:51:18 AM

Yes its not. But exchanges like Binance allowed to have Bep20 tokenized form.

OP I'm not sure what kind of stuck are you talking about here, cause if you send it to a compatible Bep20 address too then there should be no problem provided that you pay for the small fee of transaction.

The only difference in format could be the ada own blockchain. Are you sure you are using which type before sending?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
yat97 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 08:10:27 AM

Safepal apparently doesn't even offer ADA as it's own thing.
yat97 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 08:14:44 AM

OP I'm not sure what kind of stuck are you talking about here, cause if you send it to a compatible Bep20 address too then there should be no problem provided that you pay for the small fee of transaction.

The only difference in format could be the ada own blockchain. Are you sure you are using which type before sending?

Normally, I can just swap cryptos for others but it it just says "BNB(BEP20) is not enough to pay for miners."

What other wallets support BEP20 ADA and will let you swap or convert? I guess I can send it to one of those, then convert it to either regular ADA or swap for something else I can send to the other wallet. Idk.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 08:36:24 AM

I think you need some BNB for you to swap them as gas fees. Do you have any BNB stored in your wallet?

I'm not so familiar with using safepal, but that is my understanding from the error you are getting. It may be worth your while to try transferring some, even perhaps a small amount willl do since BSC network requires smaller fees. You can also check out trustwallet which supports most BEP20 tokens.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 11:48:50 AM

Normally, I can just swap cryptos for others but it it just says "BNB(BEP20) is not enough to pay for miners."

What other wallets support BEP20 ADA and will let you swap or convert? I guess I can send it to one of those, then convert it to either regular ADA or swap for something else I can send to the other wallet. Idk.
Bascally you need the network fee for the swap which maybe higher than actual transaction fee but its normal with swap conversion so just buy some BNB and convert your ADA or swap to any coins which is supported on your wallet.

Or just go with tradtional way of spot trading on exchanges.
Sterbens

Activity: 1848
Merit: 341

Duelbits.com

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 01:49:29 PM

I think you need some BNB for you to swap them as gas fees. Do you have any BNB stored in your wallet?

That's right, he did not prepare shipping costs, so if there was no BNB for postage it would never have been sent. ah LOL  Grin
I'm almost convoluted with the OP statement. whereas in essence it is a BSC-based SafePal wallet. maybe he's not that thorough.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
yat97 (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 11:49:42 PM

I'm not so familiar with using safepal, but that is my understanding from the error you are getting. It may be worth your while to try transferring some, even perhaps a small amount willl do since BSC network requires smaller fees. You can also check out trustwallet which supports most BEP20 tokens.

Yeah I had BNB but I had to convert some other currency to BNB(BEP20) in order to send the transaction. Good lord I wish there was a huge warning for people not to use BNB20 anything for anything. After conversion fees and now having atm mostly useless BNB BEP20 currency sitting (I had to do a minimum transaction amount to convert) the total fees makes me feel so retarded.. I can probably see about sending the rest of the BNB20 to convert with another program then see if I can send the rest of that if I can send it due to it being a small amount left. Idk.

All this because I noobishly assumed that ADA listed on safepal was just... ADA and didn't know about all the different issues that could arise from buying the wrong type. Didn't know anything other than I wanted to invest in ADA. I'm gonna die from severe noobness, I wish I learned about this stuff instead of paying money to learn mostly useless stuff in college classes a couple years back. If I put the money in crypto I'd be financially well off now. Better late than never I guess. I guess it's a learning process or something. idk.

When I looked up stuff about BEP20 vs ERC and the other one. Like there was nothing that mentioned this possible issue with stuff. 

yat97 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 12:08:28 AM

"Or just go with tradtional way of spot trading on exchanges."

I'm trying to get back what I can from my BNB (BEP20) from the Binance app on safepal.

I nearly had a heart attack last night when trying to do this. It said "withdrawal suspended" or something. Scared the crap out of me until I found out that apparently they were doing site maintenance and the withdraw function was restored. Are there any other exchanges that allow you to trade crypto without KYC requirements? I feel nervous to use binance much for exchanging when funds can be suspended at random for unknown amounts of time.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 02:07:14 AM

Are there any other exchanges that allow you to trade crypto without KYC requirements? I feel nervous to use binance much for exchanging when funds can be suspended at random for unknown amounts of time.
Thats normal to have maintenance especially this is the number 1exchange so expect high traffic from it. For me Binance is one of the good exchange that doesn't require you KYC if gonna withdraw less than 2btc a day. But there are plenty of other exchanges too without KYC however Im not so confident with some of them to use as they have history of something in the past and put them into bad record. Example like mercatox and hitbtc

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██