Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:44:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY ETHIC IN INVESTMENT BANKING  (Read 69 times)
Wesleyeric (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 05:47:15 PM

Ethic is concerned with the appropriateness of human conduct. Ethic as apply here is concerned with the truth in advertising and marketing as well as reliability of moral conduct.

Investment bank is part of general business and as such it needs ethical function to perform. It is crucial for the economy because if investment banking is not conducted ethically,it will result to investment decision that will lead to waste or gross loss in the economy. It is very important because it reinforce trust and confident in customer.

Feel free to add to it..........
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 06:37:55 PM

Okay I do believe that Ethic can be on the side of both the bank and the customer ofcourse. Ethics are basically how you conduct yourself nicely in layman terms. So I do believe this is a big section and honestly it is also something that is taught when you are applying for any job. So work ethics in the banking sector can be :
1. Saying no to corruption
2. Making sure you keep your poise professional
3. Making the customers know about all the relevant information and points
Etc.. as I did say it's an endless discussion and it's not just Investment banking but it's something that you do need to use everywhere!
Other than that on the side of the people it could be :
1. Making sure you try and not be manipulative
2. Making sure that you do not take out loans to invest , ( I personally believe it's really important since no investment is risk free and if you did loose a lot of money at the end of the day you would have a heavy debt on you )
{Even when we are studying for medicine , we had to take classes on ethics the whole year, pass tests and go for practicals , I do believe it's something that should be taught from the kindergarten in tho since it's just basic manners one should not need to take a whole bunch of classes on them }

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 11:02:06 PM

Ethics is the representation of the truth. It is based on the pillars of wisdom and values.
In banking they must respond to you with these standards as you very well say, banking must demonstrate credibility.
Although we are living in times of crisis, banks try to offer their clients the best services.
I cannot complain about my bank because so far they have answered all my requirements.

With respect to any investment in banking, there must be clear conditions to accept the investment. In fact the investment can be beneficial as the client will return to the renewal of the investment in the best of cases.

Gozie51

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 09:58:58 AM

It is crucial for the economy because if investment banking is not conducted ethically,it will result to investment decision that will lead to waste or gross loss in the economy.

Looking at ethics from this point of view, it is very crucial not only for economic activities but every human activities. Is most of order of things to be done properly. Going back to economic aspect of it and how governance can be better, bureaucracy is proper and is as a result of ethics because every office is important. An example like if signing of document is needed, it is suppose to be the office assigned for it that is suppose to sign for it for proper appropriation. Doing things in a way that is not proper is not ethical but allowing everybody who is suppose to be involved to take part in what is agreed is ethical.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: