Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:34:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John McAfee charged with fraud over cryptocurrency  (Read 695 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 12:26:08 PM

It seems like many people are annoyed with John McAfee, because his behavior is very difficult to forgive. Several times he promoted shitcoins
and also often gave wrong predictions, which made many people annoyed with John McAfee. Based on the last article I read John McAfee has been
found guilty of tax evasion, commits money laundering and fraud in cryptocurrency. Right now he should be in prison paying for the mistakes he has
made so far. Hopefully in prison John McAfee can introspect himself with all the crimes he has committed.

He ruined so many lives. Hard working people invested their life savings in various shit projects, just because they trusted this guy. He lied to them repeatedly, saying that most of his wealth is in the form of these shitcoins (which was simply false) and that he was being paid in the form of tokens (once again, not true. He was primarily paid in USD for his promotions, although he received some tokens as well).
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6316

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 12:47:33 PM

It seems like many people are annoyed with John McAfee, because his behavior is very difficult to forgive. Several times he promoted shitcoins
and also often gave wrong predictions, which made many people annoyed with John McAfee. Based on the last article I read John McAfee has been
found guilty of tax evasion, commits money laundering and fraud in cryptocurrency. Right now he should be in prison paying for the mistakes he has
made so far. Hopefully in prison John McAfee can introspect himself with all the crimes he has committed.

He ruined so many lives. Hard working people invested their life savings in various shit projects, just because they trusted this guy. He lied to them repeatedly, saying that most of his wealth is in the form of these shitcoins (which was simply false) and that he was being paid in the form of tokens (once again, not true. He was primarily paid in USD for his promotions, although he received some tokens as well).

I guess I just don't get it. Why would anyone invest in anything, never mind something as speculative as crypto based on a tweet or you tube video?
I know some people are going to fall for stuff like that, but enough to make a difference in coin price?

I guess I am going to have to start DaveCoin and hire a promoter for it.
Wait this is the internet, I don't even have to hire them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fenixosup

Activity: 114
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 12:51:10 PM

There are still people that takes McAfee serious, hah
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2021, 10:56:41 AM

I guess I just don't get it. Why would anyone invest in anything, never mind something as speculative as crypto based on a tweet or you tube video?
I know some people are going to fall for stuff like that, but enough to make a difference in coin price?

I guess I am going to have to start DaveCoin and hire a promoter for it.
Wait this is the internet, I don't even have to hire them.

It happens all the time. You have seen what a single tweet from Elon Musk can do to Dogecoin prices. And also, back in 2017 and 2018, the cryptocurrency market was very immature. Most of the users were in their 20s, and many of them had less than 12 months of experience in dealing with crypto. It was relatively easy to manipulate some of them. And also, McAfee was one of the big names that jumped in to the cryptocurrency bandwagon very early.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: