I will also explain why I believe bitcoin is currently too complex:
1. Berkeley db is not future compatible, which means two database modules would be needed to load the old format and convert it to the new, talk about major overhead !
2. Berkeley db version probably not supported in Delphi, maybe other languages too, this makes interfacing with berkeley db impossible, unless big headers converted.
3. Berkeley db api's might also change a lot, this is already indicated by change history, many changes.
4. All other stuff, like http, json, etc waaaayyy too complex and probably bug/error prone, not to mention slow ?!
5. Building berkeley db a little bit problematic, but still doable.
6. Berkeley db seems c++ only for now, yes there might be python or whatever language support available, but for which version ? and will they be maintained ?!? I'd bet money on no.
Instead maintaining your own binary format has major adventages, since bitcoin is write/read-once only (?!), I see no reason to use a database at all, I have yet to read a reason why a database is necessary at all ?!?
Plus I hate databases, I hate sql, and they get stolen all the time, and I am not even going to start about "sql injections" ! gjez... That people/programmers still use SQL is pretty ridicilous especially for websites, it's a hack waiting to happen, but I can imagine SQL to be handy for complex queries, but gjez, don't attach it to the internet !
It will be must amazing to see bitcoin burn in flames when SQL hacks start to happen.
Even c/c++ is already pushing it on the security front.
Do yourself a favor and dump all insecure technology, before a major bitcoin disaster happens.
This is an open protocol and not some bank protocol which is closed.
No it's open. Therefore it most be 1.000.000 times as secure as banks.
All dutch banks got robbed for millions of dollars the last few days, so even their protocol are flawed.
Can you imagine with will happen with a world wide insecure bitcoin systems ?!?
I see many hackers getting a big boner !
As a matter of fact, I am spot on !
One of the bitcoin exchanges already got hacked !
And the bitcoin market plumpeted !
Stop writing shit, open your eyes, and start acting !
If you don't know how to program in binary only, then stop programming at all.
And for those that don't know what "binary programming" is, it means:
It means everything is checkable by the programmer in binary via debuggers:
data, variables, instructions, everything gets directly translated, from source code to binary, instructions etc.
Not some script crap.