Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:03:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining in Texas - new trend - will Tesla follow  (Read 331 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 04:22:54 PM

Renewable energy such as wind or solar power cannot create stable reserves. Mining t in Texas is risky because it could be shut down.
The problem of Tesla mining Bitcoin is unlikely because Tesla has a mission to protect the environment.

I don't think that Tesla will try their hand with cryptocurrency mining. They don't want to deviate from their core domain (i.e the EV sector), and even when a part of the reserve funds were converted to Bitcoin, there was a lot of protests from some of the investors. Fortunately for the management, the Bitcoin investment returned profit for them. If it was the other way around, then they could have been in big trouble. The anti-Bitcoin investors were even planning to file lawsuits against the move, but the rally in BTC exchange rates discouraged them.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 05:02:57 PM

There is actually evidence out there that 80% of all Bitcoin mining activity is performed by Chinese companies. I saw an article today that stated between 40-60% of the power needed for this purpose in China is using dirty coal energy - that is a very bad thing for the environment and feels extremely wasteful, even if a large chunk is also coming from cleaner forms. It is highly unlikely that companies based in a country like the US will be able to mine Bitcoin at a competitive rate compared to the cost of electricity. Even while keeping at the cutting edge of technology and using renewable energy sources like solar/wind power I am not sure if companies would be able to operate at similar margins with the extra costs like property and staffing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 10:19:26 PM

Texas companies should pioneer the use of green energy in mining bitcoins. Most of the bitcoins mined nowadays come from nonrenewable resources that further deteriorate the integrity of our environment. This act could spearhead the use of renewable sources in the future not only for mining bitcoin but for everything else that runs on electricity. Since the US holds a certain power over the planet, it's undoubtedly s move that coulf inspire other countries to join in.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 10:35:20 PM

need we forget texas's power cuts not so long ago

texas needs a hell of alot of investment to upgrade its current electrical infrastructure
im guessing they done alot of good deals to offer cheap electric contracts to big miners to get some big money flowing into the electrical companies

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 11:05:03 PM

There is actually evidence out there that 80% of all Bitcoin mining activity is performed by Chinese companies. I saw an article today that stated between 40-60% of the power needed for this purpose in China is using dirty coal energy - that is a very bad thing for the environment and feels extremely wasteful, even if a large chunk is also coming from cleaner forms. It is highly unlikely that companies based in a country like the US will be able to mine Bitcoin at a competitive rate compared to the cost of electricity. Even while keeping at the cutting edge of technology and using renewable energy sources like solar/wind power I am not sure if companies would be able to operate at similar margins with the extra costs like property and staffing.
In general, it is ungrateful to talk about profitability in bitcoin mining, given the huge volatility of bitcoin Wink The Chinese energy industry has historically used more coal for its activities, but in recent years, the share of thermal power plants has been falling, and the share of wind and solar plants is growing rapidly, so there are also environmental-friendly changes. Here much depends on the position of the regional authorities, because there was information that not all the authorities of the Chinese regions are happy with the presence of mining capacity and would like to use electricity for other purposes, so the current share of Chinese miners may become less in the future, although of course now Chinese miners are ready for lower profitability than, for example, American miners.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: