Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] The NEW 2021 Bitcoin Penny® has YOUR NAME on it!  (Read 687 times)
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 04:32:58 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2021, 03:01:24 PM by BitcoinPenny
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1), geophphreigh (1), Hookzup1 (1), Frank AlpenCoin (1)

(The 2020 MGHB Commemorative Coin — front.)

(The 2020 MGHB Commemorative Coin — front and back.)

(The 2020 Canvas Bank Bag filled with an amazing 100 MGHB Commemorative Coins!)

Welcome to the SIXTH ANNUAL BitcoinTalk Community Mint Mark Auction to see YOUR NAME minted on THOUSANDS of Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins!

A LITTLE HISTORY

As most of you know, our inaugural 2015 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coin had the mint mark "CJB" minted below the date on the front of the coin. Every year since, we've auctioned that same mint mark space to the highest bidder, and every year we have a TON of fun doing it! Previous winners include:

DaveF who chose the name "DAVE" to be minted on our 2016 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins! (That's why the 2016 coin is commonly called the DAVE coin!)

Greenplastic who chose the phrase "IRIE" to be minted on our 2017 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins! (That's why the 2017 coin is commonly called the IRIE coin!)

DaveF, our two-time winner, who sweetly chose his wife’s name "JULIE" to be minted on our 2018 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins as THE most crypto-romantic Christmas gift EVER! (That's why the 2018 coin is commonly called the JULIE coin!)

Ticked who chose the very special initials “AMD” to memorialize his beloved late mother on our 2019 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins. (You should hear the story of Ticked and his family’s year-long journey with these special coins. It’s amazing!)

Geophphreigh who won with his very special, heart-felt “MGHB” mint mark on our 2020 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins.

This year, the winner could be YOU!

What initials will YOU have minted on the NEW 2021 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins?

THE AUCTION

For 2021, we're minting ONE LUCKY WINNER'S choice of NAME or INITIALS on the fronts of all our standard 2021 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins and Mini Physicals! (That's a guaranteed minimum of 4,000 coins!) That's right! The highest bidder in this auction will soon see his / her short name or initials of choice minted on the fronts of THOUSANDS of our new 2021 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins and Mini Physicals!

AUCTION RULES

Anti-Sniping Rule / Grace Period: There will be a grace period of 10 minutes following the last bid. When 10 minutes pass without a new bid, the auction will be officially ended. For example, if someone places a bid on Sunday, March 14 at 6:55PM, then the auction will extend until 7:05PM. If another bid is placed at 7:03PM, then the auction extends until 7:13PM, and so forth.

>>> CLICK HERE for COUNTDOWN TIMER <<<

Start Time: Immediately
End Time: Sunday, March 14, 2021 @ 7 PM EST (UTC -5:00).

Starting Bid: 0.0001 BTC
Bid Increments: 0.0001 BTC

PAYMENT METHODS

We happily accept Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), and Roocoin (ROO).

Please make all BTC payments to the following addresses only: 1TBPCoEc2MYiQtjT4xduZjAqCBjPhTNDh or 3GuzoxbPZXwwRaGjDZB2N9UdjdLPRFBZp8.

Please make all LTC payments to the following address only: MBuJeWpveTR1auNFQTmBfdxz8vtWQyQ1Wd.

Please make all ROO payments to the following address only: RooFTW2018dALLasSuPErc0nwaY2mUChb00zE.

(NOTE: These addresses are subject to change.)

Please feel free to ask questions.

Good luck, everyone!

Regards,
Chris @ The Bitcoin Penny Company
www.BitcoinPenny.com

NOTE: This auction is for our standard mint Commemorative Coins and Mini Physical coins only. We guarantee a minimum quantity of 4,000 minted and released for the 2021 inventory.

NOTE: We reserve the right to refuse any choice of initials which we deem to be morally offensive (eg. ASS) or unfavorable to bitcoin or the bitcoin community. Additionally, each new year must be represented by a new name or set of initials. Since "CJB", “DAVE", “IRIE”, “JULIE”, “AMD”, and “MGHB” have been used for years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 (respectively), those choices are invalid for the NEW 2021 Bitcoin Penny® Commemorative Coins and Mini Physicals.

Additionally, to insure that your winning NAME choice is legible on the final product, we suggest 2-3 characters with a maximum of four (4) characters. In rare cases, we MAY be able to fit up to five (5) characters, but only if that NAME contains more than one skinny character, such as "MIIIS" or similar.

NOTE: We reserve the right to reject any bid / bidder for any matter of good conscience.

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 04:35:36 PM

I know I will most likely not win with all the deep pocket folks around here, but at least I can say I bid Smiley lol

0.0001 BTC

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 04:36:42 PM

Thanks for starting us off, Mopar. Good luck! Grin

Chris @ TBPCo

Iced

Activity: 627
Merit: 208

Belgian based crypto-enthusiast

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 05:25:34 PM

Let's bring out the third bidding  Grin

0.001 BTC

No signature for now
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 05:33:53 PM

0.002BTC

tweetious

Activity: 1943
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 05:48:01 PM

"CASH"  Cheesy
(any chance for a mock image, to see how it will look like?  Wink)

0.0021BTC
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 05:53:22 PM

Here ya go, and happy high bidding! Grin

Corrosive
Copper Member
artcontest

Activity: 582
Merit: 1089

#GPGL

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 05:56:33 PM

0.01 👍

Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 06:00:07 PM

0.011BTC

I'll go with "EVIL". If you can fit my whole username, go for it Cool
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 06:15:26 PM

Here you go, Evilish... Grin

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 09:54:03 PM
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1)

0.012BTC
See how this one looks. ZPHR

BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 09:57:44 PM

Here you go, actmyname! Grin

Steeley

Activity: 1123
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 10:25:02 PM

Bitcoin Penny

Thanks for sharing the history of this. I'm fairly new to the hobby and was unaware this is the origin of the names on the coins. I have wondered a few times.

This is going to sound like an interview question. Can you share the importance of the forum to Bitcoin Penny and why you decided to offer this here as opposed to other public venues or just publicly in multiple places?

- Steeley

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 10:52:05 PM
Merited by Est2013 (1)

Bitcoin Penny

Thanks for sharing the history of this. I'm fairly new to the hobby and was unaware this is the origin of the names on the coins. I have wondered a few times.

This is going to sound like an interview question. Can you share the importance of the forum to Bitcoin Penny and why you decided to offer this here as opposed to other public venues or just publicly in multiple places?

- Steeley

Welcome to the exciting world of crypto-collectibles, Steeley! Shocked

Hmm...Well, like you, I got my start in the crypto-collectibles world right here on BitcoinTalk. In fact, my very first crypto-collectible purchase was a pair of Silver Wallets (Series 1) bought from Charlie Shrem back in 2014, IIRC. That purchase was a starting point to collecting, but it was really the community that kept me interested and coming back for more. We have some really great people here, and I've been fortunate enough to meet several of our members in person. And I still have plenty of good people that I hope to meet in the near future! (POST-PANDEMIC PRO TIP: International Crypto Conferences are an absolute BLAST! Buy a ticket, book a room, and get ready for a very exciting and fun-filled weekend!)

While we officially launched on our main website (and on our long-abandoned eBay account) a few months before showcasing here, we fully understand that it was the BitcoinTalk community that helped us get a foothold in the crypto-collectibles game. We owe everything to our fellow BitcoinTalk members, and we know it. That's why we always try to do special things for them when we get the chance. Maybe they'll receive a special discount code that saves a good chunk of money on our website. Maybe they'll get free gifts like during our recent Winter Beanies giveaway. But they ALWAYS get first dibs on any new releases as well as some of our traditional annual games and offerings, such as this very Mint Mark auction or our annual, limited edition (1 of only 4) Double-Headed / Double-Tailed Proof Sets which are ONLY available here on the forum. Again, it's our way of showing our appreciation to everyone here in the BitcoinTalk community. (We love you, BitcoinTalk!)

I hope that I answered your question. I tend to ramble, as you can well see. Grin

Chris @ TBPCo.

Steeley

Activity: 1123
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 11:00:04 PM

Bitcoin Penny

- Steeley

Welcome to the exciting world of crypto-collectibles, Steeley! Shocked

Hmm...Well, like you, I got my start in the crypto-collectibles world right here on BitcoinTalk. In fact, my very first crypto-collectible purchase was a pair of Silver Wallets (Series 1) bought from Charlie Shrem back in 2014, IIRC. That purchase was a starting point to collecting, but it was really the community that kept me interested and coming back for more. We have some really great people here, and I've been fortunate enough to meet several of our members in person. And I still have plenty of good people that I hope to meet in the near future! (POST-PANDEMIC PRO TIP: International Crypto Conferences are an absolute BLAST! Buy a ticket, book a room, and get ready for a very exciting and fun-filled weekend!)

While we officially launched on our main website (and on our long-abandoned eBay account) a few months before showcasing here, we fully understand that it was the BitcoinTalk community that helped us get a foothold in the crypto-collectibles game. We owe everything to our fellow BitcoinTalk members, and we know it. That's why we always try to do special things for them when we get the chance. Maybe they'll receive a special discount code that saves a good chunk of money on our website. Maybe they'll get free gifts like during our recent Winter Beanies giveaway. But they ALWAYS get first dibs on any new releases as well as some of our traditional annual games and offerings, such as this very Mint Mark auction or our annual, limited edition (1 of only 4) Double-Headed / Double-Tailed Proof Sets which are ONLY available here on the forum. Again, it's our way of showing our appreciation to everyone here in the BitcoinTalk community. (We love you, BitcoinTalk!)

I hope that I answered your question. I tend to ramble, as you can well see. Grin

Chris @ TBPCo.

Thanks for sharing! This is great background.

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 11:53:22 PM

By the way... the current high bidder is actmyname with a high bid of .012BTC and chosen mint mark of ZPHR.

Good luck, everyone!

Chris @ TBPCo.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 12:37:59 AM

Sorry not a bid, but I just wanted to add... Over the years, I've left/put bitcoin pennies of various years in:

• Store "free" change cups
    Dropped them in the candy row whilst paying for something else. woops! Grin
    Thrown many into the beach and around such on the East Coast
    Hidden a bunch (Just a bit, still findable Wink around many buildings just walking around on vacations and just in real life.
    Tossed them in random places people walk etc etc ... in the streets etc...

I guess my point is, Chris has given many of us the (fairly cheap!) way to introduce people to bitcoin in many different ways over the years, as I also give them to friends etc etc... 

I also recall:

A photo contest in which I won a roll of coins with a RFID chip in it!  Shocked

All the awesome BCP doodles (There is a whole other thread for that), and the annual DDP project! Cheesy

Anyhow, I've always supported bitcoinpenny since I first came here and quite proud to have a pretty good collection, and have hoped to meet him someday as well! Smiley

I'd bid on behalf of our funny old friend TMAN with the word "BALLS", but I guess we've been there and done that already, but it always still gives me a good chuckle! Grin

Sorry for lack of links here... but I'm just rambling as well. Cheesy

Cheers again chris and thanks again for all you have done for bitcoin over the years... And ofc... The snazzy warm hoodie! Wink

owl

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 12:40:52 AM

Sorry, new to these. Are Bitcoin Pennies loaded with anything?
BitcoinPenny (OP)
aka CJBianco
Legendary

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2021, 12:48:07 AM

Sorry not a bid, but I just wanted to add... Over the years, I've left/put bitcoin pennies of various years in:

Thrown many into the beach and around such on the East Coast

Ha! I've thrown many, many of our coins into the beaches of SC, NC, FL, and even Lake Ontario on many occasions! Glad to know I'm not alone. Grin

Thank you so very much for the kind words, owlz. (I hope to meet you in person one of these days soon too.)

Sorry, new to these. Are Bitcoin Pennies loaded with anything?

Our main line are simple BTC-themed tokens with designs minted on both sides. However, we do offer a Mini Physicals line of DIY fundable coins with the custom security holographic stickers. And this year, we hope to release our very first Mini Physicals SILVER Edition (in very limited numbers)!

Here's a link to our 2018 Mini Physicals with plenty of example photos.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, blucepheus.

And happy bidding, everyone!

Chris @ TBPCo.

blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 12:55:32 AM

How cool.

My bid:  0.02 BTC
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All