Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blox Staking - Ethereum 2.0 Fully Non-Custodial Staking  (Read 631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kreon149

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 04:27:47 AM

Are there any risks if you bet on your own? 

They say it’ll take more time to get connected because of constant safety assessment. Also, a validator can easily be hacked.   
oliverlott

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 10:50:10 AM

They say it’ll take more time to get connected because of constant safety assessment. Also, a validator can easily be hacked.   

A decentralized system is much better. The data isn’t stored in one place as it is in case of centralized systems. It’s a different level of safety. No one can control all the system, intercept file transfers or disrupt a validator.
kreon149

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:08:55 AM

A decentralized system is much better. The data isn’t stored in one place as it is in case of centralized systems. It’s a different level of safety. No one can control all the system, intercept file transfers or disrupt a validator.

If they get control over an entire system, the currency is lost.
willsey89

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2021, 03:19:40 AM

What’s the main benefit if a decentralized system?
oliverlott

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:34:47 AM

A decentralized system doesn’t store both encryption keys, meaning that they keys aren’t exchanged if transfers are made or anything else is done with ETH. Other systems don’t store your personal encryption key, but they can influence your income by disrupting a validator. It’s impossible to steal ETH.   
willsey89

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2021, 03:43:34 AM

A decentralized system doesn’t store both encryption keys, meaning that they keys aren’t exchanged if transfers are made or anything else is done with ETH. Other systems don’t store your personal encryption key, but they can influence your income by disrupting a validator. It’s impossible to steal ETH.   

Where are the keys stored then?
Modna

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 03:50:02 AM

Where are the keys stored then?

On a cloud server.
ferdinand50

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:12:37 AM

Will it be hard for a beginner to work with the system?   
oliverlott

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:20:00 AM

It’s not hard, but they’ll have to use command line to finish setting up a validator.   
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:24:26 AM

It’s not hard, but they’ll have to use command line to finish setting up a validator.   

I recommend everyone to check a validator regularly. If technical errors occur, they can switch it to autonomous mode. Idle time leads to the reduction in profit. It’s better to use a ready-made platform, you can use it to manage the entire system, thus streamlining operation of several validators. They should work 24/7 if you want to maximize profit.     
ferdinand50

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:28:14 AM

Will I have complete control over the system?
oliverlott

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:33:02 AM

Yes, the company is only responsible for technical aspects.
kreon149

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 03:36:35 AM

Yes, the company is only responsible for technical aspects.

You will have to confirm every action because the company isn’t responsible for them. For example, only a client can confirm the validator’s request in his or her own account.   
15262kk

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 04:52:00 AM

I have a couple of questions regarding the system. How to pay for a validator? How many ETH do I need to have for withdrawal? 
kreon149

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 04:59:43 AM

I have a couple of questions regarding the system. How to pay for a validator? How many ETH do I need to have for withdrawal? 

You pay for a validator when setting it up. You’ll see a form and fill out the data. The validator will be activated once payment is made.   
oliverlott

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 05:02:44 AM

You pay for a validator when setting it up. You’ll see a form and fill out the data. The validator will be activated once payment is made.   

You need no less than 32 ETH to get started. They promise to reduce the threshold in the future, but I can’t say when it’ll happen because there’s no info so far.   
15262kk

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 05:18:31 AM

You need no less than 32 ETH to get started. They promise to reduce the threshold in the future, but I can’t say when it’ll happen because there’s no info so far.   

Thank you very much guys, but I have more questions now. I’ve just started studying the project, that’s why I have so many questions. What is SSV needed for? Why not to use the technologies everyone is used to? 
kreon149

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 05:20:51 AM

Thank you very much guys, but I have more questions now. I’ve just started studying the project, that’s why I have so many questions. What is SSV needed for? Why not to use the technologies everyone is used to? 

SSV is better for ETH architecture and it also allows to create validator keys safely. Other technologies can’t ensure similar stability and safety level.
15262kk

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 02:53:05 AM

SSV is better for ETH architecture and it also allows to create validator keys safely. Other technologies can’t ensure similar stability and safety level.

How do they ensure high level of safety?   
kreon149

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 02:57:06 AM

How do they ensure high level of safety?   

You use the platform to fully control all validators. This is a local app, that’s why the safety level is very high.       
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: