Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:49:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner to NFT's help  (Read 58 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 10:03:38 PM

Hi,

What does it mean something to be Non Fungible?

Are NFT's just digital art/pics like gifs or jpegs or is it more to it than that and if so what are they?

Gifs and jpegs pics can be copied and pasted a million times right with no degradation in picture quality because its digital that is same 1's and 0's in the copies.

The original Mona Lisa painting is really valuable because it cant be copied & pasted with 100% accuracy like digital art can.

So why NFT's gaining popularity and price?

Are NFT's just original uncompressed pics/photos/art files created by the artist on a computer like in Microsoft paint or something?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3013

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 10:43:54 PM

What I understand about NFT's is just like art or any digital collectible things from their project which you can own and can be traded with value.

The only reason what I noticed about NFT's why the price of those projects are increase in value is due to unique and most of what I see right now are blockchain games. Which one of the big reasons why the price of NFT's is now increased in value.

Actually, I'm playing one of the NFT's games a week ago which I got a collectible blockchain item worth $500 in value that can be traded to someone who interested. The game is lost relics.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 11:19:37 PM

Okay so there's 2 entrances to NFT's?:

- Underlying Blockchain side such as Chilliz, Enjin, Mana and such.

- Artists that uses the above blockchains to marketplace their art?

How do you buy brand new art from Artists directly instead of buying it pre-owned from the NFT art marketplace?

Where do you find good artists to contact directly?

How many artists are entering the NFT marketplace daily? Will we end up like 6000 nft artists like we have ended up with over 6000 altcoins Shocked? There's millions of ways and forms and styles of representing art from simple black & white pics to 3D animations. So we gonna get NFT artists for each style?

Just to confirm NFT arts are illiquid like real estate meaning if I wanted to see a piece of digital arts I have to wait for a buyer who wants it?

NFT blockchains such as Chilliz, flow, Enjin and Mana are liquid tokens that can be sold anytime without waiting for a buyer?

Collectibles means collecting because its a hobby or passion that you keep for life not for profit investments right? Like Pokémon trading cards released in the 90s how many will there be to collect if there's too many collectibles being released daily  Shocked

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 06:08:53 AM

NFT is different from the traditional cryptocurrency because the data is going to be unique all the time which is not same with bitcoint or ethereum since we wre going to get the same value but different bitcoin from before we used but if this is NFT we can only have one and its valuable because its original.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 01:03:13 PM

So NFT's as a whole can replace traditional crypto because a NFT token I get today wont be the same NFT token I get in 10 years time lets say? So basically they are like real estate houses where each property is different but not liquid in the marketplace correct?

For example I receive 1 BTC 10 years ago and its the same as receiving 1 fresh new BTC from the miners today so same coin no change but very liquid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: