Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:14:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue to unplug the 24-Pin ATX Cable from the motherboard  (Read 70 times)
Didz (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 05:28:33 PM

Hi Bitcointalk community,

Sorry I am a newbie and have beginner questions about building my mining rig. I couldn't find answers about these basic questions.

I started to receive my equipments from post mail. I have received the Mining Frame Rig Case with the motherboard ASUS Prime Z390-P and the power Supply EVGA 850 G3 as you can see in the photo (sorry I think I am too new member I cannot add a photo yet).

So heres's my question:

I have difficulty to remove the 24-Pin ATX Cable from the motherboard (MoBo). I don't want to force too much to avoid breaking anything.

Should the motherboard be screwed on the Mining Rig Case before I plug the wires ?

Should I use gloves when I work on the MoBo ?

In the MoBo user guide it's written "Whenever you uninstall any component, place it on a grounded antistatic pad". I am using the bag that came with the MoBo, it is okay ?

Should I install the CPU first (still waiting for it) before anything else ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Viva Ethereum Blockchain Revolution...What About Helium Network?
Philipma1957cellphone

Activity: 416
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 07:15:39 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2021, 07:29:50 PM by Philipma1957cellphone

A dont do any thing  until you get the cpu.

Intel motherboards have pins in the cpu socket that are easy to bend. Once the cpu is placed in the pins are protected.

I lay the mobo on the static plastic  on the  closed mobo box. Not in the case.

I install the cpu the cooler the ram the hdd and one gpu outside the case I boot and see that it posts.

If it works I shut it down.

I detach the gpu put it aside.

I mostly buy fully modular psus and I would detach the psu end cables .

Place the mobo shield in the case place the mobo in the case and run the wires from the mobo to the psu .

If your psu is not fully modular you can not do this.

Some times the 24 pin connectors hold on super tight to the mobo.
So if you x
Can not detach the cable from the mobo side and it is permanently attached on the psu side you need a pliers and at least one maybe two flat tipped small screwdrivers.
Squeeze the 24 pin release clip with the pliers.  And try to get one end left or right side of the 24 pin on the mobo side to raise enough to slide the small flat tip in I between it and the mobo then used second screw driver to wedge it open more. I find about one of twenty mobos have the issue you mention.

Be careful do. Ot rush or muscle it. Good luck

This is philipma1957 alt. Do not conduct business  with this account
Didz (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 02:57:31 AM

Thank you so much Philipma1957cellphone! It's really valuable informations you gave me. I will follow your recommendations.  Cheesy

Viva Ethereum Blockchain Revolution...What About Helium Network?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: