Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:03:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $69 Million Beeple Art Buyer Revealed as NFT  (Read 213 times)
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 12:21:18 PM

There is a great short documentary on YT (Cold Fusion channel) discussing this topic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3nmAX3gAlw . I am not even going to try to understand this trend because I would have to have that kind of spending money to even comprehend, but one YT comment summed it best '
When money is worthless things that are worthless takes its place!'

That was funny,but money aren't totally worthless.
This "piece of art" is totally worthless,if you ask me.If I make all my social media posts into a painting,then make the painting into an NFT,the question is will this NFT "piece of art" sell for millions of dollars?I don't think so. Grin
The guy,who paid 69 million for this piece of s*it simply wasted his money for nothing,unless he performed some kind of money laundering or tax evasion.

aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 01:45:58 PM

I do not know who this Metakovan is, but paying 69 million dollars for a NFT still doesn't make sense to me at all, it should have been a lot less.
There are actually two buyers for the highest bid of $69 million for Beeple artwork in NNFT.The two entrepreneurs from Tamil Nadu who are currently settled in Singapore — Vignesh Sundaresan who goes by MetaKovan and Anand Venkateswaran, also known as They just revealed their identity to the general public and tell their aim behind such high bid for an 5000 piece of artwork.

The point was to show Indians and people of colour that they too could be patrons, that crypto was an equalising power between the West and the ‘rest’, and that the global south was rising” said the two in a blog post revealing their identity.

And if you want to have some more details about them and their plans regarding buying such NFT' you can have a check here The pseudonym buyer for $69 million artwork

But is it really worth to spend such huge amounts on these types of NFT as they could have invested that amount in Bitcoin and enjoy the huge returns on their investment say 2-3 times when price surges after 2-3 years.But still people have preferences.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
wiss19

Activity: 2156
Merit: 344

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 07:04:55 PM

Pseudonymous NFT investor Metakovan was the high bidder on Beeple's history-making NFT, according to a statement from British auction house Christie's. He paid over $69 million for the piece.

Bloomberg had previously reported that crypto entrepreneur Justin Sun was the buyer, but Sun later said that he'd been outbid at the last minute.
I’m yet to fully understand how this NFT thing works, like what really happens after these people pay for the tweets that are being auctioned, for example let’s say that this art that was auctioned , so does the artist said the art to the buyer or what exactly? Or they are auctioning the tweets only.

But anyway, it is really a good thing and I have seen a lot of people that are steady into it. $69 million is a really huge amount of money. And about Justin Sun, I have noticed him a few times on tweets like this bidding on these NFT’s, so has he been able to win anyone of them at all? Cause it seems people keeps on beating him to every bid he makes lol.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 817

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2021, 09:47:52 PM

There is a great short documentary on YT (Cold Fusion channel) discussing this topic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3nmAX3gAlw . I am not even going to try to understand this trend because I would have to have that kind of spending money to even comprehend, but one YT comment summed it best '
When money is worthless things that are worthless takes its place!'

That was funny,but money aren't totally worthless.
This "piece of art" is totally worthless,if you ask me.If I make all my social media posts into a painting,then make the painting into an NFT,the question is will this NFT "piece of art" sell for millions of dollars?I don't think so. Grin
The guy,who paid 69 million for this piece of s*it simply wasted his money for nothing,unless he performed some kind of money laundering or tax evasion.

Yeah its totally worthless if we think about deeper since there's nothing we can do to it aside from watching. But I doubt theres other peoole will buy that painting again for the same or even higher since the price is so high. And some other really though that the buyer do a legal money laundering(hope not). After that many are now been interested with NFT and for sure other artist are now taking some steps to sell their piece in the market by using this stuffs.

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1510

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 11:50:09 PM

I believe it's just another way of money laundering, although I love this art concept I don't believe an online jpeg worth 69 million USD. I know it contains too much hard work and dedication for all these paintings for five thousands day but there is no logical reason to spend much money for that. Congrats to Beeple though, if he can freely spend his money and if the buyer is okay with it and his money come from legit way that's none of our business.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: