Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:34:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 580 with a lot of invalid shares  (Read 157 times)
bubamacko (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 07:02:25 PM

Hi! I have an ATI RX 580 with Hynix GDDR5 memory. Im using it with Raveos to mine ETH and is losing about 25% of its shares. It worked fine for the first few days. I use a moded Bios and this setting:
Core Clock 1050
Memory Clock 1950
Core Volt 950
Memory Volt 950
Fan 50%
The current hashrate is 29 mhs and the temp is 57°. This is the exact model i have: https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-rx-580-8g-g5

Any ideas? I read about invalid shares and tried to lower the clocks (kind of randomly) with no success. Im kind of new so im learning about this stuff.
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:12:11 PM

invalid or stale? is the hashrate reported on the pool significantly less than what it says in your mining software?
FloridaKid

Activity: 375
Merit: 15

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 06:15:53 AM

I'm running higher Cclock and memory clock than yours and I'm not having any invalid shares, watch out for your internet connection, latency is the top reason why invalid shares occurs most time

bubamacko (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 03:13:47 PM

I'm running higher Cclock and memory clock than yours and I'm not having any invalid shares, watch out for your internet connection, latency is the top reason why invalid shares occurs most time
I have two GPUs in this setup and the only one giving errors is the sapphire.
invalid or stale? is the hashrate reported on the pool significantly less than what it says in your mining software?

Invalid shares, the hashrate in the pool is the same (sometimes even more) that the mining software.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 04:34:46 PM

Hi! I have an ATI RX 580 with Hynix GDDR5 memory. Im using it with Raveos to mine ETH and is losing about 25% of its shares. It worked fine for the first few days. I use a moded Bios and this setting:
Core Clock 1050
Memory Clock 1950
Core Volt 950
Memory Volt 950
Fan 50%
The current hashrate is 29 mhs and the temp is 57°. This is the exact model i have: https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-rx-580-8g-g5

Any ideas? I read about invalid shares and tried to lower the clocks (kind of randomly) with no success. Im kind of new so im learning about this stuff.
What miner are you using? try changing to another miner.
If the problem is not in the software or in the speed of the Internet connection, then you need to look for the problem in the hardware.
Your settings are correct, I see no reason to change something here
bubamacko (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 06:34:37 PM

Core Clock 1050
Memory Clock 1950
Core Volt 950
Memory Volt 950
Fan 50%

What miner are you using? try changing to another miner.
If the problem is not in the software or in the speed of the Internet connection, then you need to look for the problem in the hardware.
Your settings are correct, I see no reason to change something here

Im using Phoenix Miner 5.5c.
Flowzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 08:56:02 PM

It can be caused by your high network latency or too high oc in your memory.
Try to lowering your OC first, if the problem still happen, watch your latency in the miner software.
If both of them not a problem, maybe its your gpu issue.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 05:21:28 AM

Core Clock 1050
Memory Clock 1950
Core Volt 950
Memory Volt 950
Fan 50%

Try these settings which I am using on RX cards:

Core MHz: 1150
Memory MHz: 1900
Core Undervolt: 900
MVDD: 0
MVDDCI: 0
Aggressive Undervolt: ON
Powerstage: 04

If your OS allows advance options then input this command for boosted hash rate:
Code:
rxboost -i 30

I think this will stabilise your Rig more and you won't be having any stales.
This is all about the trial and error when you are customising the whole thing. RX has to be played out pretty well.

Also it would be better to mine other coins, for example, REV coin. Good share acceptance rate with your card.

th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 08:43:51 AM

It could also be the pool, try to change the pool to see if the % of shares in better
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 09:28:00 AM

Core Clock 1050
Memory Clock 1950
Core Volt 950
Memory Volt 950
Fan 50%

first dont use bios from other brand, just mod your own bios, then should be fine, using polaris bios editor should be easy, and lot of tutorial out there how to modding polaris card memory timing, you should try it for fun

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
bubamacko (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 08:01:37 PM

Core Clock 1050
Memory Clock 1950
Core Volt 950
Memory Volt 950
Fan 50%

first dont use bios from other brand, just mod your own bios, then should be fine, using polaris bios editor should be easy, and lot of tutorial out there how to modding polaris card memory timing, you should try it for fun

I moded my own Bios and im using that.

Core Clock 1050
Memory Clock 1950
Core Volt 950
Memory Volt 950
Fan 50%

Try these settings which I am using on RX cards:

Core MHz: 1150
Memory MHz: 1900
Core Undervolt: 900
MVDD: 0
MVDDCI: 0
Aggressive Undervolt: ON
Powerstage: 04

If your OS allows advance options then input this command for boosted hash rate:
Code:
rxboost -i 30

I think this will stabilise your Rig more and you won't be having any stales.
This is all about the trial and error when you are customising the whole thing. RX has to be played out pretty well.

Also it would be better to mine other coins, for example, REV [Suspicious link removed]d share acceptance rate with your card.

I dont think i have those options, this is what i have:
https://imgur.com/kGRvEIu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: