Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reward - Ninki Wallet Recovery  (Read 220 times)
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2021, 12:51:24 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2021, 03:14:47 AM by ChuckBuck

Not necessarily: the derivation path could be the problem, a different path gives different addresses. It's not unlikely that "Ninki" used a different path than Electrum.
Hmm, you're right! I didn't think about it. I have found information that the Ninki wallet will be closed by December 31, 2015. Meanwhile, Electrum upgraded to version 2.0 and used a BIP32 derivative on March 2, 2015. Meaning Ninki may be using an older derivative, possibly BIP39?

* New seed derivation method (not compatible with BIP39). The seed
phrase includes a version number, that refers to the wallet
structure. The version number also serves as a checksum, and it
will prevent the import of seeds from incompatible wallets.
Old
Electrum seeds are still supported.
Electrum doesn't accept seeds from incompatible wallets  Cheesy Unfortunately for him  Roll Eyes

It's been 5 years since then, I'm afraid that no wallet will ever support that old derivative anymore  Roll Eyes

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 06:43:45 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2021, 03:28:55 AM by bL4nkcode

If you've entered the seed in your wallet, all it shows is an empty wallet. It means that your seed is incorrect, has been incorrectly supplied, or you have stored it incorrectly. Or it is the seed of an empty wallet  Embarrassed
Not necessarily: the derivation path could be the problem, a different path gives different addresses. It's not unlikely that "Ninki" used a different path than Electrum.
Ninki uses a 2 of 3 multi-sig, probably importing the seed on electrum will just show nothing.

As I posted above, op should try to import its seed using the multisig wallet of electrum using his 12 offline keys, 12 online keys and its xpub as the requirements in ninki recovery tool.

As I don't have experience of using a multisig wallet, so I can't help much.

But I guess there's no harm of trying, right. Assuming you have 12 offline keys, 12 online keys and its xpub as the requirements in ninki, you may try to do it on electrum
-New/Restore
-Multi sig wallet
-choose 2 of 2 cosigners and signatures
-i already have a seed
-enter your offline 12 keys
-check if the xpub you have is the same that displayed on electrum

-enter cosigner seed, here enter you online 12 keys
-click options choose bip39 seed
-click the "detect existing account" if something shows, if none choose enter this derivation path m/0.

Check if it works, though I'm not sure. Correct me if there's something wrong though.
Sycorax21 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 03:37:36 AM

If you've entered the seed in your wallet, all it shows is an empty wallet. It means that your seed is incorrect, has been incorrectly supplied, or you have stored it incorrectly. Or it is the seed of an empty wallet  Embarrassed
Ninki uses a 2 of 3 multi-sig, probably importing the seed on electrum will just show nothing.

As I posted above, op should try to import its seed using the multisig wallet of electrum using his 12 offline keys, 12 online keys and its xpub as the requirements in ninki recovery tool.

As I don't have experience of using a multisig wallet, so I can't help much.

But I guess there's no harm of trying, right. Assuming you have 12 offline keys, 12 online keys and its xpub as the requirements in ninki, you may try to do it on electrum
-New/Restore
-Multi sig wallet
-choose 2 of 2 cosigners and signatures
-i already have a seed
-enter your offline 12 keys
-check if the xpub you have is the same that displayed on electrum

-enter cosigner seed, here enter you online 12 keys
-click options choose bip39 seed
-click the "detect existing account" if something shows, if none choose enter this derivation path m/0.

Check if it works, though I'm not sure. Correct me if there's something wrong though.

Still no luck.  Sad

I think it's worth mentioning the xpub provided by Electrum upon entering the offline seed differs from the xpub key originally provided to me.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 03:41:38 AM

I think it's worth mentioning the xpub provided by Electrum upon entering the offline seed differs from the xpub key originally provided to me.
How about the online seed first if how it goes? The same steps just change the offline with online seed.
Sycorax21 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 04:39:19 AM

How about the online seed first if how it goes? The same steps just change the offline with online seed.

Unfortunately this didn't work either, I've even tried the various derivation paths suggested as well as m/0/1000 as I've read Ninki may have used this path.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 08:14:48 PM

Unfortunately this didn't work either, I've even tried the various derivation paths suggested as well as m/0/1000 as I've read Ninki may have used this path.
Sorry to bump this, but this is unfortunate, the only thing you can do is to fix the recovery tool of ninki, either fix it by yourself or hire someone which only has api issues as most api used are out of service or uses different url already.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: