Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:00:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: REBTECH 8 GPU All-in-One Mining motherboard  (Read 641 times)
heavyarms1912 (OP)

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 03:24:06 AM
Merited by safar1980 (1), FP91G (1)

This review is for the All in One motherboard, cpu, ram combo with a dual slot PCIE card footprint.
Introducing REBTECH 8GPU-MB powered by an AMD A6-8500

Full Specs:
CPU/APU               : AMD A6-8500P FP4 SOC , Radeon R5 Embedded Graphics 15W TDP , 1.6Ghz , 1MB L2 Cache , 4 Cores
Memory                : 4GB SO-DIMM DDR3
Storage support     : mSATA SSD, USB Flash Memory stick can be used
Expansion slots      : 8 x PCIex via USB3.0 Connectors
Networking            : LAN RJ45 10/100/1000 Controller
Video cards            : AMD & Nvidia**
Video out               : HDMI 1.4
External I/O           : 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0
Power                    : 12V 6-PIN pcie

Dimensions       L: 250mm, W: 40mm, H: 100mm
OS Support       Windows® 7 32/64 bit , Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit , Linux, SimpleMining, HiveOS, ethOS, mmpOS
Warranty               30 days

**nVidia video cards will only work without video output from the MB.
Mining RIG output can be seen only via SSH or from simplemining/hiveOS app.

I got this board primarily due to the form factor and low TDP value (~15W or lower)

Additionally, there is no need for pcie 1x to USB adapters.
It eliminates the need for ATX psus if all your GPUs are powered through server PSU.
Could provide better airflow and cable management especially if you've put the GPUs on a wire-shelf.
Costs the same as traditional motherboard, ram, cpu combo these days.

My testing was done on MMPOS (flashed on to a USB drive) which booted just fine out of box.
I did my Nvidia cards with display output both from video card and onboard HDMI slot. Neither method worked.

So the trick is to setup whatever BIOS parameters you'd need to utilize prior to installing any Nvidia cards
In my case there was nothing that I had to change in BIOS. I just plugged 7 AMD gpus. Verified display out from onboard HDMI port.
Turned off the system. Plugged in the Nvidia card and MMPOS just booted up fine. I SSH'd into the machine and was able to mine/configure just fine.

Conclusion
In these times when the prices of PC components are exorbitant, this board is definitely worth it. The only con I see is
the warranty of 30 days in comparison to mainstream desktop parts.
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 12:28:34 PM

well this is was nice m.2 ssd with sodim ram + integrated cpu and small form factor same size as gpu, nice usb port riser, pretty convinience, saving lot of space

where do you buy this thing? how much?

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 01:25:28 PM

well this is was nice m.2 ssd with sodim ram + integrated cpu and small form factor same size as gpu, nice usb port riser, pretty convinience, saving lot of space

Just google Rebtech.  They have been around long time and have always interesting stuff.  Ive got a couple of these and work great. 
heavyarms1912 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 04:58:16 PM

https://shop.rebtech.ai/product/mother_board/
It costs $145+$30 DHL shipping.

Also, when I did a search they had these kind of boards since 2015. Maybe the mining boom didn't pick it up in 2017.  The APU is old.
Larsinist

Activity: 510
Merit: 31

CryptoDude

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 04:27:28 AM

anyone know if there will be a bios update, so we can use nvidia?
heavyarms1912 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 04:40:15 AM

anyone know if there will be a bios update, so we can use nvidia?

we can use Nvidia in headless configuration. System will boot unless you've connected a display cable to the board.
I used it on a mix of AMD and Nvidia card. RTX 3000 series.
Larsinist

CryptoDude

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 04:55:24 AM

Yea, but i would like to have a monitor connected, so there is no words from rebtech about a new bios?
Vladegg

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 04:55:38 AM

https://shop.rebtech.ai/product/mother_board/
It costs $145+$30 DHL shipping.

Also, when I did a search they had these kind of boards since 2015. Maybe the mining boom didn't pick it up in 2017.  The APU is old.

189+50$ now
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 12:29:35 PM

Yea, but i would like to have a monitor connected, so there is no words from rebtech about a new bios?

Just SSH into it...no reason for a monitor.  None of my rigs have monitors.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 01:40:12 PM

I didn't know that such equipment existed.
But the habit of assembling farms on ordinary motherboards is very difficult to overcome.
In the event of a breakdown, the motherboard is usually damaged. The processor and memory remain working. And the motherboard has a 36 month warranty and it is possible to extend the warranty to 60 months.

But I would like to read the instructions for setting up this equipment with Hive OS.
heavyarms1912 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 05:16:05 PM

I didn't know that such equipment existed.
But the habit of assembling farms on ordinary motherboards is very difficult to overcome.
In the event of a breakdown, the motherboard is usually damaged. The processor and memory remain working. And the motherboard has a 36 month warranty and it is possible to extend the warranty to 60 months.

But I would like to read the instructions for setting up this equipment with Hive OS.

Hive can be flashed onto usb using a flash tool like etcher. Right? It would be plug a USB drive and boot.
jims2321

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 12:36:02 AM

Just and update on Nvidia GPU's and RebTech 8 gpu miner.  I recently got in my second one, so I decide I would try to get the miner to work with my Nvidia 1080's and Titan XP.  Initially if a GPU was attached, it would not boot or display any video. I was frustrated to say the least.  So I started poking around in the BIOS and saw a parameter that I remember from way back could be problematical with Nvidia GPU's and how it maps Base Address Register (BAR).  Normally its not an issue with enabling 64bit BAR as most PC's have more than 4GB of RAM.  But since these boards mostly ship with 4GB that can be problematical as the board tries to map the memory above the 4GB memory boundary, just something it does.  So I disabled it and suddenly when I plugged in my Nvidia GPU I had video output from the GPU. 

So next thing was to fire up Hive OS and see if it saw my GPU and if it would mine.

On to adding more Nvidia GPU's and see if it would still boot and mine.

So here are the steps I did to get it running.

1. Boot the Rebtech without any gpu connect via pci po
 2. When it boots to the device list, hit <ESC> key to enter the BIOS
 3. In BIOS down arrow to Setup Utility (last line in the list) and hit enter key
 4. The move to the Advanced Tab (right arrow one time)
 5. Then down one line to PCI Express Configuration and hit enter
 6. You will see 3 configurations on this screen. You want to disable 64bit Bar Support.
 7. Press F10 to save hit enter and exit.
 8.  Power off your Rebtech, and connect your Nvidia GPU to pci port 1
 9. Plug in your monitor to the Nvidia GPU, as you will no longer have video out from the miner board when a GPU is connected.
 10. Power on, boot HiveOS and configure your rig.[/li][/list]
kcheel

Activity: 188
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 02:45:08 AM

Thanks for the info.  I have 3 of these boards but only using 2 of them so far with all 5700's.  But may put my Nvidia cards into the 3rd one soon.
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 11:40:54 AM

WTF  Huh This kind of motherboard existed? I bet the power draw will be very limited compare to a full desktop for mining, can some drop the actual power draw (watts) of this awesome looking gadget? And also a link to where I can buy? This is impressive IMO

Larsinist

CryptoDude

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 11:45:38 AM

WTF  Huh This kind of motherboard existed? I bet the power draw will be very limited compare to a full desktop for mining, can some drop the actual power draw (watts) of this awesome looking gadget? And also a link to where I can buy? This is impressive IMO
around 50watt, with 8gpus
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 12:40:11 PM

Can you drop a link where I can order for one of this motherboard? Is it available on Amazon or newegg? My current motherboard draws more than 50watts when mining with just 4 graphic cards

jims2321

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 12:49:27 PM

www.rebtech.ai

Update on my working with getting Nvidia GPU's to work

The board ships with 4GB SO-DIMM.  Surprisingly I don't have any larger size ones, so I ordered an 8GB SO-DIMM.  I will pop it in when it gets here.  If it boots, I will re-enable the 64bit BAR Support and see if it was just the lack of RAM that is the hinderance to just being plug and play solution.

heavyarms1912 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 08:22:37 PM

It's around 10-12w for just the board.
https://youtu.be/0l25B9cnMsg?t=543
MiningSCCP

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 09:21:56 PM

Just and update on Nvidia GPU's and RebTech 8 gpu miner.  I recently got in my second one, so I decide I would try to get the miner to work with my Nvidia 1080's and Titan XP.  Initially if a GPU was attached, it would not boot or display any video. I was frustrated to say the least.  So I started poking around in the BIOS and saw a parameter that I remember from way back could be problematical with Nvidia GPU's and how it maps Base Address Register (BAR).  Normally its not an issue with enabling 64bit BAR as most PC's have more than 4GB of RAM.  But since these boards mostly ship with 4GB that can be problematical as the board tries to map the memory above the 4GB memory boundary, just something it does.  So I disabled it and suddenly when I plugged in my Nvidia GPU I had video output from the GPU. 

So next thing was to fire up Hive OS and see if it saw my GPU and if it would mine.

https://i.imgur.com/y1QeVKq.png

On to adding more Nvidia GPU's and see if it would still boot and mine.

https://i.imgur.com/tmDFYSi.png

So here are the steps I did to get it running.

1. Boot the Rebtech without any gpu connect via pci po
     2. When it boots to the device list, hit <ESC> key to enter the BIOS
     3. In BIOS down arrow to Setup Utility (last line in the list) and hit enter key
     4. The move to the Advanced Tab (right arrow one time)
     5. Then down one line to PCI Express Configuration and hit enter
     6. You will see 3 configurations on this screen. You want to disable 64bit Bar Support.
     7. Press F10 to save hit enter and exit.
     8.  Power off your Rebtech, and connect your Nvidia GPU to pci port 1
     9. Plug in your monitor to the Nvidia GPU, as you will no longer have video out from the miner board when a GPU is connected.
     10. Power on, boot HiveOS and configure your rig.[/li][/list]

Just want to thank you for sharing this. I'm using the board with AMD cards rn, but will save this for later.
    charles2k

Activity: 326
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    April 23, 2021, 12:07:34 AM

189+50$ now
    [/quote]

Out of stock. And it was RMA repaired...
    Pages: [1] 2 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: