Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:28:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug or option needs to be added to change ref post in a type 1 flag?  (Read 196 times)
sandy-is-fine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1921
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 09:07:13 AM
Merited by nutildah (2), hugeblack (2)

This probably applies to any flag but:

User has a "type 1" flag created.
Mods delete all user's topics / posts.
Now the ref post on the type 1 flag shows as "ERROR: The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you" if one wants to see why the type 1 flag was added and you cannot EDIT the reference post in the type 1 flag to make it valid.

Cannot delete or edit the flag so you remove the "support" for it and try to create a new flag but if you try to create a new flag the error is: "You have already created a flag for this user within last 180 days" so flag goes nowhere.

(IMO) Flag creator should be able to edit reference topic in flag OR be able to remove flag and create a new one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2896

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 09:19:39 AM

(IMO) Flag creator should be able to edit reference topic in flag OR be able to remove flag and create a new one.

Giving the edit option can be misused in many wasy. That's why i think theymos did not add this option in the first place and you have to add another feedback to counter the first one.

I think references is the responsibility of the creator, because the other user himself/herself can edit or delete the original post too.
So i think the evidence should be some where else in the archives for example using "archive.is" or archive.org, in that case it will not depend on any such thing.

Or may be screenshot and upload to imgur.com, because there is always chance that the evidence might be removed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2021, 11:04:18 AM

~skip
Can you post any link about flag (type 1) you know here? It would be better if it is available here and we can refer to it. I can imagine a bit of what you're saying, but could it be a new update?
"You have already created a flag for this user within last 180 days" so flag goes nowhere.
Also, I agree with this one. And I believe it is the updated functionality. Probably something to prevent abuse. There shouldn't be too many flags created at once, right? I think this limit might be reasonable. But on the contrary, the inability to edit will be a huge problem that should be resolved soon

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
BitcoinivaX

Activity: 9
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 12:10:30 PM

Cannot delete or edit the flag so you remove the "support" for it and try to create a new flag but if you try to create a new flag the error is: "You have already created a flag for this user within last 180 days" so flag goes nowhere.
we can apply an easier solution? Which is admin to make notifications such as not to put bitcointalk link, archive it first.
Not removing that topic will be problem and editing or deleting flag will be other problem.
sandy-is-fine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 01:33:12 PM

~skip
Can you post any link about flag (type 1) you know here? It would be better if it is available here and we can refer to it. I can imagine a bit of what you're saying, but could it be a new update?
"You have already created a flag for this user within last 180 days" so flag goes nowhere.
Also, I agree with this one. And I believe it is the updated functionality. Probably something to prevent abuse. There shouldn't be too many flags created at once, right? I think this limit might be reasonable. But on the contrary, the inability to edit will be a huge problem that should be resolved soon

The issue is, usually when all topics are deleted from a newbie user s/he is nuked.  This user was not.  Only option was to add a new/updated  NEG TRUST REF LINK as the user is now "back" and I have no doubt will be active along with his other alts that remain shortly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2911605
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16600

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2021, 06:32:54 PM
Merited by mprep (3)

Now the ref post on the type 1 flag shows as "ERROR: The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you"
The solution is simple: don't create a Flag with the scammer's topic as Reference. Create your own topic in Scam Accusations (or Reputation in some cases), even though it doesn't need much discussion (like this topic).

Let's see: https://loyce.club/archive/details/topic_5301181.html

I have a list: Trust Flag viewer: all Flags without a valid Reference topic. 18 of those Flags are created and supported by sandy-is-fine. Just create your own topic Smiley

Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2021, 07:24:48 PM

we can apply an easier solution? Which is admin to make notifications such as not to put bitcointalk link, archive it first.
This would be quite problematic; Archived pages means viewers are only seeing discussions before a particular date and on only a single page, further deliberations on the topic would not be visible from the linked thread as it would be difficult to either support or oppose a flag.

The user being accused and the one accusing should not have any level of moderation on flag linked topics, reason why self moderated threads are not allowed.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 09:34:19 PM

The problem is because people are creating flags using links to topics that are not scam accusations (Honestly, i have never seen scam accusations getting deleted by mods). The Link used shouldn't be from the thread created by the accused but rather a thread created by another member clearly documenting the accusations or issues about the user.

Right before one creates the flag. There's a message about the reference links.

You must link to a topic documenting your specific concerns. Someone visiting your topic should get a clear idea of what this flag is about. The topic must not be self-moderated. If you flag many users, you can create a single flag-explanations topic.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sandy-is-fine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 02:28:24 AM
Merited by Upgrade00 (1)

The problem is because people are creating flags using links to topics that are not scam accusations (Honestly, i have never seen scam accusations getting deleted by mods). The Link used shouldn't be from the thread created by the accused but rather a thread created by another member clearly documenting the accusations or issues about the user.

Right before one creates the flag. There's a message about the reference links.

You must link to a topic documenting your specific concerns. Someone visiting your topic should get a clear idea of what this flag is about. The topic must not be self-moderated. If you flag many users, you can create a single flag-explanations topic.
Yes, very true except a TYPE 1 FLAG isn't necessarily for a SCAM accusation. These are trust flags which are not necessarily SCAM flags which is why only TYPE 2 and TYPE 3 Flags get the big red banner on top of a thread for anyone to see.  A TYPE 1 flag is only seen by brand newbies or users not logged in as a warning.

Maybe I should have changed and clarified my OP stating my suggestion should apply only to TYPE 1 flags as was in the case of the user I referenced who has about 20 (that I found) mostly all banned accounts most all banned for ban evasion and some for plagiarism. I can understand why types 2 & 3 would be problematic with my suggestion.
Upgrade00
Legendary

Merit: 2174

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2021, 02:45:25 AM

Yes, very true except a TYPE 1 FLAG isn't necessarily for a SCAM accusation. These are trust flags which are not necessarily SCAM flags
Type 1 flag IS actually a scam accusation as can be indicated from the warning message;

The difference between it and other flag types is that it's for violations not directly related to the user who created them and the banner is only viable to newbies and guests, although other members would see a '#' besides the users trust score rating.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sandy-is-fine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 03:49:19 AM

Please post the thread you are seeing that RED warning you posted for a type 1.  Not quite sure what you are looking at as a TYPE 1 FLAG but I just looked at about 5 different TYPE 1 flagged accounts while logged out as well as logged in as a brand newbie and they all show this YELLOW banner below.  It clearly does NOT say they are a SCAMMER but just a "high risk"  warning to be careful. Maybe different forum sections show it differently?  Definately NOT a SCAM accusation which required 3 DT's to "support" for the type 2 or 3 for the RED banner to appear.  The TYPE 1 only requires 1 DT and is a YELLOW banner.

Your example is a type 2 or 3 or possibly a user with BOTH 1 & 2 or 1 & 3 flags in which case what you show would appear.  I have never seen your warning for a type 1.  I could be missing something but have never seen that.  The example I posted is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5292772.0 and is when logged in without registering and also as a brand newbie logged in.

Yes, very true except a TYPE 1 FLAG isn't necessarily for a SCAM accusation. These are trust flags which are not necessarily SCAM flags
Type 1 flag IS actually a scam accusation as can be indicated from the warning message;

The difference between it and other flag types is that it's for violations not directly related to the user who created them and the banner is only viable to newbies and guests, although other members would see a '#' besides the users trust score rating.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2021, 03:55:20 AM

Yes, very true except a TYPE 1 FLAG isn't necessarily for a SCAM accusation.
So, you want to say that it is not necessary to create a separate topic linked to the type 1 flag, right? But if you link it to the posts of those accounts, it can be deleted at any time, and the flag appears to be disabled.

The solution is simple: don't create a Flag with the scammer's topic as Reference. Create your own topic in Scam Accusations (or Reputation in some cases), even though it doesn't need much discussion (like this topic).

Based on LoyceV's suggestion here, but instead of creating a separate topic for each different user, each account. You can create a general thread about those accounts for yourself, and post all evidence of those accounts. Each post will be a proof of an account, you can moderate them yourself. Too many topics will make them rampant, but a topic with lots of posts is great to manage  Wink

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄