Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:22:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum contract parameters  (Read 51 times)
kinther (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 11:31:09 PM

I'm struggling with a contract I deployed some time ago https://github.com/ethereum/dapp-bin/blob/master/wallet/wallet.sol and have come to a brick wall. I am trying to use MyEtherWallet to interact with the contract. One of my MetaMask accounts is using the private key of an account that is a signer on this contract and is linked to MEW.

I believe the function I want to call in order to retrieve ETH from this contract is execute:

Code:
// Outside-visible transact entry point. Executes transaction immediately if below daily spend limit.
// If not, goes into multisig process. We provide a hash on return to allow the sender to provide
// shortcuts for the other confirmations (allowing them to avoid replicating the _to, _value
// and _data arguments). They still get the option of using them if they want, anyways.
function execute(address _to, uint _value, bytes _data) external onlyowner returns (bytes32 _r) {
    // first, take the opportunity to check that we're under the daily limit.
    if (underLimit(_value)) {
        SingleTransact(msg.sender, _value, _to, _data);
        // yes - just execute the call.
        require(_to.call.value(_value)(_data));
        return 0;
    }
    // determine our operation hash.
    _r = sha3(msg.data, block.number);
    if (!confirm(_r) && m_txs[_r].to == 0) {
        m_txs[_r].to = _to;
        m_txs[_r].value = _value;
        m_txs[_r].data = _data;
        ConfirmationNeeded(_r, msg.sender, _value, _to, _data);
    }
}

However I'm not sure what the input values should be. MEW gives me the _to address (my destination wallet), _value (which I think is how much I want to send?), _bytes (I'm completely lost here, I tried to use letters and numbers, found that a hex was acceptable e.g. 0x), and finally "Value in ETH".

Am I on the right track here? I can't find much documentation on this contract despite it being built by one of the Eth Devs a few years back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: