Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hijacked s9  (Read 107 times)
Bipede85 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 10:08:51 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2021, 12:56:03 AM by frodocooper

Hi, I got a used miner, it seemed to have worked fine for some time, but suddenly yesterday it changed mining address and pool, I tried flashing it with SD card but nothing changes. Is there anything I can do to recover him?

The "hacking" affects the board or the chains? (ex. can I use the chains in another s9 without worry?) To safeguard the other miners in the network, if I change the admin password of the other miners will they be safe?

https://imgur.com/a/sROJIM0
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2021, 01:15:30 PM

Where do you mine? I mean what pool do you mine?

The pool status seems weird are you sure that you flash it through an SD card?

Try to flash it with some custom firmware like Braiins OS or the firmware modded by thierry4wd you can find it from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5127323.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bipede85 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 05:46:19 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2021, 12:57:25 AM by frodocooper

I installed hiveOS, is it good? thierry4wd  links aren't working.

changing the admin passwords of the other miners will it be enough to protect them? and the "virus" is it in the board or in the chains?
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 07:29:39 PM

The “virus” will be in the control board. Try swapping it for a different one or try a different OS. Braiins OS works well although its not proven to find a block yet. But it hashes and if you get the “Plus” version you can set a power limit and it will auto tune to the best/most efficient settings based on the power limit.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
thierry4wd

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2021, 10:27:16 PM
Merited by Bipede85 (1)

hi, from what I see, it will indeed seem that the miner is corrupted ... I confirm "the virus" is found exclusively in the control card ... the hashboard cards are not affected ...

if the flash by sd card (if it is done well) does not give result ... I am very surprised ... or a virus particularly efficient ... the solution will be to return with SSH, and to see what it goes below! but sela is very difficult to explain, you must know the files of the miner and know how to use SSH, or even unlock it, because if it is really a virus, it must necessarily have locked SSH.

another possibility, very very rare, but it is possible that the miner just corrupted a file, notably the "miner-stat.cgi", the miner actually works perfectly, but the info displayed is wrong.

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 12:51:36 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2021, 12:57:07 AM by frodocooper

Hi, I got a used miner, it seemed to have worked fine for some time, but suddenly yesterday it changed mining address and pool, I tried flashing it with SD card but nothing changes.

Are you sure the Sdcard flash was done right? did you try to flash another working miner to confirm that both the files and the Sdcard function well? I remember someone mentioned that some viruses can corrupt the boot loader which is used to flash the firmware from the Sdcard to the DRAM, and so if that is the case, the control board is bricked for good.

To safeguard the other miners in the network, if I change the admin password of the other miners will they be safe?

No, it's not totally safe, you need to isolate this miner, use a different router / Vlan until you confirm the virus is gone completely.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████