Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:10:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth diff adjustable?  (Read 191 times)
TheMimic1 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 10:51:01 AM

Anyone knows how to reduce or use a fixed difficultly in miners? I'm using NBminer mining ethereum and I'm looking for how to adjust pool difficultly, I knew this used to be possible on cryptonight pools for monero but I've never done such with eth

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     ITSMYNE     ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Social-plus NFT marketplace for official sports NFTs
[      t w i t t e r      ]  [    t e l e g r a m    ]  [   i n s t a g r a m   ]  [      d i s c o r d      ]
HashingTower

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 03:08:38 PM

I think eth pools have fixed difficultly settings by default, on binance it's 2.14g showing on my miner software and on Viabtc it's 500M so Viabtc have lower difficulty settings meaning you will find shares faster if you are using low hashrate, it's better to just change pool

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 07:15:30 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2021, 07:28:34 PM by Vann

The share difficulty is set by the pool. Some pools on other coins let you set your starting difficulty in the miner, or use VarDifff. Since ETH is the most popular minable coin with the largest base of miners, most ETH pools set a fixed share difficulty so as not to overload the stratum with low difficulty shares which can also cause stale shares. The share difficulty is stated on the pool or in the miner. A higher difficulty means worker shares are found less often, but they are worth proportionally more than lower difficulty shares. Unless you have a very low hashrate (<20 MH/s), the payout should be the same. e.g. a share at diff 4000 is worth twice as much as a share at diff 2000.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 12:44:54 PM

Anyone knows how to reduce or use a fixed difficultly in miners? I'm using NBminer mining ethereum and I'm looking for how to adjust pool difficultly, I knew this used to be possible on cryptonight pools for monero but I've never done such with eth
Monero is a more difficult coin to mine because it uses more complex algorithms. The hashrate depends on the processor, motherboard and RAM frequency.
Ethereum is a simpler algorithm and most miners set the necessary settings depending on your video card. You don't need to devote a lot of time to this issue.
Bravehash

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2021, 07:35:18 AM

Monero is a more difficult coin to mine because it uses more complex algorithms. The hashrate depends on the processor, motherboard and RAM frequency.
Ethereum is a simpler algorithm and most miners set the necessary settings depending on your video card. You don't need to devote a lot of time to this issue.
Really? I thought monero is the simplest because there are many copied cryptonight coins since monero got released in crypto space, and also I find monero mining software to be more easily configure than Ethereum for me, I started with hd7970 years ago and it's been fun all along

miner29

Activity: 1266
Merit: 139

View Profile
March 27, 2021, 01:51:40 PM

Monero is RandomX not cryptonight.  Been that way for a long time now.  Changed over 11/30/2019. 
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
March 27, 2021, 08:10:35 PM

Really? I thought monero is the simplest because there are many copied cryptonight coins since monero got released in crypto space, and also I find monero mining software to be more easily configure than Ethereum for me, I started with hd7970 years ago and it's been fun all along
If you have learned how to mine monero, then you will not have any problems with mining other coins.
Ethereum hashrate depends only on the graphics card. Motherboard, memory frequency does not affect it. (3060 is an exception, for a farm on these video cards you need a special 8x8x8x8x motherboard).
What video cards do you have a problem with when mining Ethereum?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: