Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To turn off my Fans in S9K Antminer  (Read 65 times)
meysam.yy (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 02:26:55 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2021, 12:52:12 AM by frodocooper

Hello There, Thanks in advance for your time.

I have three Antminer S9K and I want to turn off my fans or get a firmware to control my fans, Because I need to turn off their default fans and use a better fan for overclocking my Antminers, Also the fans I bought is much bigger with less noise, I Search a lot at the internet and nothing found for Antminer S9k, I need a firmware to turn off my default fans or any guide to do it manually but as I think it's not easy to edit the miners code via SSH.

Thanks.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 04:06:55 PM

Do be aware that 'low noise' usually also means that they are NOT rated for delivering high pressure. That mass of tiny heatsinks in a s9 presents a lot of resistance to airflow so the fan must be rated for high static pressure to overcome that resistance.

Also - not a good idea to bypass monitoring the fans. If they fail you can fry the miner...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 03:49:57 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2021, 12:51:50 AM by frodocooper

If your new fans can do 5k RPMs then just plug them in and the miner will be happy, not sure what do you want to "disable" the fans all together unless you were trying to liquid cool them, in that case you will need fan simulator found cheap on Amazon.

If you just want to lower the fan speed and put a static/fixed RPMs, I wrote a topic on how to do it, it's easy and straight forward.

There is no known and trusted custom firmware for the S9k, but thierry4wd unlocked the stock firmware, if you have the programming skills needed, you could probably disable the fan-check function.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████