Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH shares per minute  (Read 159 times)
1337leet (OP)

Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 07:08:37 PM

Hey guys,

I use a RTX 3090 to mine ETH.
I have got the same settings all the time and I get 122 MH/s all the time.

But this morning I consitently had over 2 shares per minute.
I restarted the system this evening and run it with the same settings. I still get 122 MH/s all the time - but I only got 0,6 - 0,8 shares per minute.

Is this something regarding my setup or is it just pure luck and I can't do anything about this?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 07:27:15 PM

Random variations in submitted shares is normal. It depends on how fast the GPU finds the hash of the work submitted to the GPU by the pool. Just like when the pool finds a block, sometimes they can find them quicker than average and some times it takes longer. As long as your hashrate shown on the pool is correct, that's what matters.
1337leet (OP)

Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 08:54:50 PM

Thanks a lot Smiley

If the Miner has got bad luck then the calculated speed shown in the pool is below 120 MHs. But of course it‘s sometimes also higher than the actual speed. The average comes near the real speed.
CryptoATM

Activity: 368
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 09:36:31 PM

It also depends on the pool difficultly setting, for example Nicehash use less than 1.5gb and binance use over 2g, the lowest I can find is Viabtc which is even less than 1gb meaning you will find shares faster on Viabtc but the end results will still be near the same
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 12:38:04 PM

Most likely, your pool shows the current statistics at the moment, it's like the current gas consumption in a car.
You try to check the statistics of charges or payments for a week or a month, because there is no point in analyzing the data every day if you have 1 video card.
It may be luck on the mining pool, but the payout schedule is important to me

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 03:31:20 PM

Dont forget every share is not same, pay attention for example share found at difficulty : 1000mhs and 10Ghs. The share you found at 10Ghs has 10x more reward than 1000mhs.

JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 04:30:37 PM

Dont forget every share is not same, pay attention for example share found at difficulty : 1000mhs and 10Ghs. The share you found at 10Ghs has 10x more reward than 1000mhs.

That doesn't matter, the pool counts every share the same based on the stratum difficulty. The only time the share
difficulty matters is if it solves a block, then the pool submits it to the blockchain and credits the miners. But it
usually means nothing special for the miner that found it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: