Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:30:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why you DON'T want go short now 84% of the bearish options has wiped out  (Read 349 times)
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 02:23:45 AM

This is why YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO SHORT NOW: BTC options
While the upcoming $6 billion Bitcoin options are about to expire, around 43% have already been deemed worthless. With the remaining open interest, Bitcoin bulls are mainly in control as the cryptocurrency’s price surge to its recent all-time high has wiped out 84% of the bearish options. https://www.forexcrunch.com/bitcoin-holders-expect-high-volatility-as-roughly-100000-btc-options-contracts-expire-friday/

Thats why all biggest whales buying not selling Wink
It’s been a long time when I got to know about Coinmatics, I even knew the website when it was new, although I have not used it because I am not into day trading, I am usually just into HODL, and  that’s been it for me. But I like the platform and they have really developed over the years.

I also know how it works, you choose traders to follow based on their stats and then you link your trading account (let’s say Binance) and then you can start trading by copying the experts that you’re following. I don’t know about the other websites that were mentioned on the article, but would be best that I check them out and see how they really work,, it’s good to get to know all these things, they will be really helpful.

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 02:56:48 AM

Its a bull run for God sake, why would someone think of shorting bitcoin right now in a bullish trend, trying to go against the trend isn't wise at all, I thought this is added to one of the basic rules about trading never go against the trend, people shorting bitcoin now will surely get Rekt cause there are tons of whales interested in bitcoin now, who are ready to add more bitcoin to their portfolio each time it dips, liquidation serves them right next time they won't think of shorting during a bullish trend.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 03:27:34 AM

Sometimes it is really difficult to know what are people thinking, who is shorting the market? It is true that the price of bitcoin has been relatively stable during the last weeks but the price is not going down, and all the factors that we can see clearly point out to the fact that the price is going to keep increasing, quite honestly anyone that is shorting the market right now deserves to lose their money as they are just delaying the inevitable, and they're going to have no coins or capital when the price keeps increasing.

Once the market jumped high those people will surely regret shorting the market.

It's tough to anticipate so better to aim for long term investment, whatever happened you'll not going to panic as you set your
goals for long term and you are willing to wait till it achieved your target value. Most of the time it's up to how you understand
the market and how willing you are holding and waiting for the right time.
And when we add that at most you can earn 100% of your capital when you short the market which is nothing compared to the profits you can get when you go long shorting makes no sense, if a person thinks the price can go down then just go to fiat or to one of the many stable coins available and then get back in the market when you think it is going to go up, and what it is worse is that many traders short the market and use leverage as well meaning that in the case they are wrong they can even lose more capital than what they had available in their exchange accounts.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 06:49:29 PM

Once the market jumped high those people will surely regret shorting the market.

It's tough to anticipate so better to aim for long term investment, whatever happened you'll not going to panic as you set your
goals for long term and you are willing to wait till it achieved your target value. Most of the time it's up to how you understand
the market and how willing you are holding and waiting for the right time.

Can't agree more. We just have to accept that for most of us, we'll never have enough time or expertise to do this the way it deserves. Which makes hodling simply the best option there is out there. I bet you, most traders will regret wasting all that time trading when they could have made much more just buying and holding (and actually going out and earn with a real job).
Not only that even if some traders earn money when you begin to think of the taxes and fees they need to pay then you realize that the majority of them never beat the markets at all, if the market by itself grows 10% they only get like 5% in profits.

This means that it would have been more profitable and easier to just hold your assets, by the way holding is not only the best strategy in bitcoin, it is also the best strategy that you can use in the stock market which is why fundamental analysis is a better tool for predicting future outcomes than technical analysis will ever be.
Sinjokubhi

Activity: 187
Merit: 1

Sinjokubhi

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 03:40:47 PM

That's what you called, "bad timing", it is not good idea to continue to go bearish while it is strong indication that bitcoi  is bullish. Except if you go short entry and exit suddenly after small corrections.

But if you correctly read some good indicators with of course stop loss then you dont stucked with your bad entry.

It is true, we must be able to read as well as analyze the indicators that cause something to happen correctly, but sometimes the results of our readings miss, therefore, as you said stop loss also needs to be used to anticipate this. Because stop loss is a safety for traders. This feature allows us to navigate the stock market even after a very violent storm. Stop loss means that we will always have the capital to return to profit from the stock market and also keep us from running out of capital.

From a psychological perspective, stop losses help clear your mind when trading. Trader psychology becomes less burdened because after all, he has set the maximum loss that will be borne for each trade made. Stop loss can provide a sense of calm because we have set the loss level at the point where we can accept it without regret. The point where we can sincerely accept the loss of money and quickly move on to look for new opportunities for profit.

In essence, stop loss is a way for us to get through unexpected situations smoothly.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 04:04:14 PM

Most of my trades are long but shorting can be beneficial if you do it during correction, it still comes with a risk during bull market so it's probably easier to long and see your investment grow. Shorting during bull market will probably bring you sleepless night.

Attaching correct indicators to follow the market trend works fine as long as you are not trying to hold onto your short trade for long term. Just slight pump can close short trades like we've seen happened so many times.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 05:15:23 PM

Most of my trades are long but shorting can be beneficial if you do it during correction, it still comes with a risk during bull market so it's probably easier to long and see your investment grow. Shorting during bull market will probably bring you sleepless night.

Attaching correct indicators to follow the market trend works fine as long as you are not trying to hold onto your short trade for long term. Just slight pump can close short trades like we've seen happened so many times.
This is something that I have dedicated some time to study and in my opinion it is simply not worth it to short the market, I know we have seen very important crashes but the overall direction of this market is up, if bitcoin was an asset that showed a ranging behaviour and small trends there could be an argument to be made that shorting it makes sense.

But we know this market has the tendency to go on long bull markets a fast crash and then periods of inactivity, with that in mind if you are going to trade it is better to just go long and when you think the market will go down then just stay out of it until you can go long again.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: