Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:21:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running a script to retrieve zenond wallet passphrase, getting error messages  (Read 49 times)
Flochad (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 03:37:41 AM

The process I am using can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85495.300. However when I run this script for my zenon wallet I'm getting the error message Error: There is RPC client functionality in Zenond anymore. Use the Zenon-cli utility instead. It should be noted that there was no Zenon/Daemon directory and I'm just best-guessing as I'm not very technical. Any help would be LARGELY APPRECIATED. In a bind right now.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 5750

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 04:32:09 AM

This reply is based from Bitcoin Core since you're in the Bitcoin forum:
Just like bitcoin core, the RPC commands should be entered in bitcoin-cli not in bitcoind, so in your case if there's no "daemon" folder, you should find the folder containing "Zenon-cli" and "Zenond" files.
Then change the script to use Zenon-cli intead of Zenond; but before running it, run Zenond in the background.

Of course, it's best to ask a Zenon Network expert, moving this to Altcoin Discussion is recommended ("move topic" button on lower-left side of the page).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Flochad (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 12:35:56 AM

This reply is based from Bitcoin Core since you're in the Bitcoin forum:
Just like bitcoin core, the RPC commands should be entered in bitcoin-cli not in bitcoind, so in your case if there's no "daemon" folder, you should find the folder containing "Zenon-cli" and "Zenond" files.
Then change the script to use Zenon-cli intead of Zenond; but before running it, run Zenond in the background.

Of course, it's best to ask a Zenon Network expert, moving this to Altcoin Discussion is recommended ("move topic" button on lower-left side of the page).

Thank you! I figured it out myself a few minutes after posting my question. Is there any chance that the incorrect passphrase is not on me but on the client/wallet.dat file itself? It really seems unlikely I got the wrong password as I wrote it down immediately afterwards and pasted it from notepad.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: