Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:17:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Your Bitcoin Wallet Be Hacked? How Can You Secure It?  (Read 1530 times)
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 07:39:39 PM

I think that technically it is more difficult to do it than it seems to someone. But people are most often to blame for such hacking of their wallets.
This is due to trivial reasons, for example, I heard cases when a person copied his password instead of an address, which is visually similar in the number of characters to the address. And then he swore at the technical support service and so on. You need to be careful and not fuss when you make such movements.
It is many times more likely that people are going to get scammed than hacked, this is simply because people are always trying to find new ways of making some easy and fast profits and scammers know this so they make all kind of promises and investment products and people give their coins voluntarily to them, hacking someone is way more complex and even then the most common hack is simply to use a phishing site or to deceive people in downloading software that installs a virus and the hacker can get the passwords and private keys of the victim that way.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 07:52:08 PM

I think that technically it is more difficult to do it than it seems to someone. But people are most often to blame for such hacking of their wallets.
This is due to trivial reasons, for example, I heard cases when a person copied his password instead of an address, which is visually similar in the number of characters to the address. And then he swore at the technical support service and so on. You need to be careful and not fuss when you make such movements.
It is many times more likely that people are going to get scammed than hacked, this is simply because people are always trying to find new ways of making some easy and fast profits and scammers know this so they make all kind of promises and investment products and people give their coins voluntarily to them, hacking someone is way more complex and even then the most common hack is simply to use a phishing site or to deceive people in downloading software that installs a virus and the hacker can get the passwords and private keys of the victim that way.
^ Being careless will most likely fall into this trap, scammers are everywhere not only in crypto, if you don't have technical knowledge on making and how to manage your BTC wallet, it mots likely end up of scam. Newbies on crypto should know these possible consequences ahead to avoid a possible scam and become their victims. Any BTC wallets can be hacked, even how we put double or triple security but if we lost the private key there will be always a chance that hackers may recover our wallet. Be responsible for keeping your crypto stuff.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2021, 08:02:17 PM

Very bad experience, in 2017.

I was Using the Blockchain dot com web wallet service, by importing private keys of my own bitcoin wallet generated using a paper wallet.

But, I was become a victim of hack, as I personally notice some suspicious activities on my wallet. As there were some upsent without my acknowledgment.

After identifying suspicious activities of smaller payments in my account, even the sent address was also unknown. I, immediately, transfer my funds to a new desktop electrum wallet which is on my desktop with complete safety and control.

My past experience with incidents that happened in past, always teaches about vulnerability, possible overcome, and challenges.

So always be secure, and safe while using Cryptocurrencies.

DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2021, 11:36:25 PM

I was Using the Blockchain dot com web wallet service, by importing private keys of my own bitcoin wallet generated using a paper wallet.

But, I was become a victim of hack, as I personally notice some suspicious activities on my wallet. As there were some upsent without my acknowledgment.

After identifying suspicious activities of smaller payments in my account, even the sent address was also unknown. I, immediately, transfer my funds to a new desktop electrum wallet which is on my desktop with complete safety and control.

My past experience with incidents that happened in past, always teaches about vulnerability, possible overcome, and challenges.

The problem is I would assume that the person having access to your blockchain dot com wallet could also have access to your machine in general and hence to your electrum wallet. Usually I deem blockchain dot com a safe web wallet service. Also, why wouldn't the hacker move the whole amount on the wallet at once? What is the point in moving incremental amounts?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
South Park

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 09:10:03 PM

Online wallets are without a doubt the most unsafe of all and the risks of getting hacked are very high, however many newbies do not understand this and I do not blame them, I know this because when I was a newbie I also used online wallets as they seemed more practical at the time and after a few bad experiences, I did not lost money or anything but I was close to losing access to my coins, then I decided to move my coins to my own wallet and since then I have never looked back.
Jeeny43

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 08:44:43 AM

You can store the password in the paper version of your notebook or on a computer without a network connection. Be careful not to lose it. If the Internet can get your password, you can set different passwords on different platforms, and you must remember your password!
Anifisochka

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 09:59:17 AM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

My bitcoin wallet has not been hacked. It exists in a cold wallet.
As long as you don't disclose your private key to others, hackers can't invade.
I still believe in the security protection of bitcoin. Smiley
blackened515

Activity: 1218
Merit: 279

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 10:29:12 AM

Even if you do not give out your private carelessly, simply making silly mistake by connecting your network to phishing WiFi results to the lost of your bitcoin by scammers who search in your device looking for your private keys, so you can win the hackers by storing your funds offline as this is the best way of keeping your secret keys.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
lepbagong

Activity: 2324
Merit: 121

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 05:33:59 AM

Even if you do not give out your private carelessly, simply making silly mistake by connecting your network to phishing WiFi results to the lost of your bitcoin by scammers who search in your device looking for your private keys, so you can win the hackers by storing your funds offline as this is the best way of keeping your secret keys.
indeed many have experienced things that are not wearing with the use of a wallet, but from many situations that I have seen, it is all due to the person's personal error so that the private key can be hacked, compared to the weakness of the wallet. because I feel that what has been made because it is based on security is acclaimed very good.
but when compared to offline wallets, it is clear that you can't compare anymore because offline ones are certainly more secure and can be recognized for their security so far.
but there are still many of us who can't go offline because they are constrained by costs.

Jeeny43

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 06:45:04 AM

You can use your brain to remember the password and record it on a paper notebook or a computer without an Internet connection, but remember to save it. Once you lose it, your wealth may be discovered by others.
South Park

View Profile
May 31, 2021, 09:27:09 PM

Also storing your coins offline is not completely secure either, if you bring unknown persons to your house if someone happens to find the paper where you have your seed words or private key they could steal it from you and then steal your coins, this is why securing your coins is not an easy thing at all but we must find a way to do so otherwise hackers are going to get to our coins and that is obviously something we do not want to happen.
DrearyUrbanite

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 05:19:09 PM

Also storing your coins offline is not completely secure either, if you bring unknown persons to your house if someone happens to find the paper where you have your seed words or private key they could steal it from you and then steal your coins, this is why securing your coins is not an easy thing at all but we must find a way to do so otherwise hackers are going to get to our coins and that is obviously something we do not want to happen.

There are all kinds of ways where you can fuck up even if you keep your paper wallet and your house. Let it burn down or whatever, spill some water over it while typing the keyboard. Let your dog eat your paper wallet with 500 BTC on it. Cheesy
It requires caution no matter where you keep it. One thing is for sure: if you keep paper wallets or hardware wallets at home, never talk about it to anyone. That is the worst you can do.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
South Park

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 09:15:34 PM

There are all kinds of ways where you can fuck up even if you keep your paper wallet and your house. Let it burn down or whatever, spill some water over it while typing the keyboard. Let your dog eat your paper wallet with 500 BTC on it. Cheesy
It requires caution no matter where you keep it. One thing is for sure: if you keep paper wallets or hardware wallets at home, never talk about it to anyone. That is the worst you can do.
Agreed, I would argue that even talking about bitcoin is a risk right now, after all with the high price of bitcoin if you were to tell people that you have been in bitcoin for years they may believe that you are holding a lot of bitcoin and then try to find a way to steal your coins when you in fact are only a small holder, so it is better to keep that information a secret so no one gets a clue about the fact you are holding some bitcoin.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 09:24:17 PM

You can use your brain to remember the password and record it on a paper notebook or a computer without an Internet connection, but remember to save it. Once you lose it, your wealth may be discovered by others.
Don't rely on your "brain"(memory) to remember the password. That's is the worst mistake you can make. No matter how good your memory is, don't forget, as you age, you brain starts to deteriorarte (cells slowly dies) and your memory won't be as sharp as it used to be. You will end up either forgetting or mixing up everything and then there goes your fortune. Use your memory, and keep multiple backups, digitally and offline in a safe and secure place!

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
arwin100

Activity: 2772
Merit: 817

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2021, 09:55:27 PM

Don't rely on your "brain"(memory) to remember the password. That's is the worst mistake you can make. No matter how good your memory is, don't forget, as you age, you brain starts to deteriorarte (cells slowly dies) and your memory won't be as sharp as it used to be. You will end up either forgetting or mixing up everything and then there goes your fortune. Use your memory, and keep multiple backups, digitally and offline in a safe and secure place!

Just relying on memorization of your password is truly insane since whatever how good you are possibly you will forget that especially if you have so many password saved on different platforms, I'm sure we have so many password set since we are on crypto and registering on many platform like exchange and others are kinds required to make a profits so for that to avoid such dumb mistake is to store our passwords on safe areas like what you recommended and also write it on notebooks is also safe since its away from attackers who stole our account details.

MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 10:30:31 PM

Just relying on memorization of your password is truly insane since whatever how good you are possibly you will forget that especially if you have so many password saved on different platforms, I'm sure we have so many password set since we are on crypto and registering on many platform like exchange and others are kinds required to make a profits so for that to avoid such dumb mistake is to store our passwords on safe areas like what you recommended and also write it on notebooks is also safe since its away from attackers who stole our account details.

Actually, I'm one of those people who memorize important numbers, such as mobile phone numbers, bank accounts, email passwords,
and some password exchanges. I do like memorizing important things, but I also make backups of all the passwords I've memorized,
by writing it on a piece of paper and I keep it in a safe place. Just in case one day I forget it, therefore in my opinion there is nothing
wrong if we want to try to memorize our Bitcoin wallet password or other important passwords. But remember our brain has limitations,
so always have a backup plan.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
DrearyUrbanite

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 07:36:32 PM

Agreed, I would argue that even talking about bitcoin is a risk right now, after all with the high price of bitcoin if you were to tell people that you have been in bitcoin for years they may believe that you are holding a lot of bitcoin and then try to find a way to steal your coins when you in fact are only a small holder, so it is better to keep that information a secret so no one gets a clue about the fact you are holding some bitcoin.

Yes even worse you could attract some serious hardcore burglars! If they get to know that you have paper wallets at home and have some idea that you might be holding tens or even hundreds of Bitcoin, good night man. They could be coming for you and they won't be nice to you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

(
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
South Park

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 09:20:44 PM

Actually, I'm one of those people who memorize important numbers, such as mobile phone numbers, bank accounts, email passwords,
and some password exchanges. I do like memorizing important things, but I also make backups of all the passwords I've memorized,
by writing it on a piece of paper and I keep it in a safe place. Just in case one day I forget it, therefore in my opinion there is nothing
wrong if we want to try to memorize our Bitcoin wallet password or other important passwords. But remember our brain has limitations,
so always have a backup plan.

The only problem with relying on your memory is that most likely then you are using words or something similar for your passwords and hackers can easily hack those kind of passwords, unless you are using several words similar to what we see with our seed words, however I see that you also write your passwords in the case you forget and that is a great thing to do because there have been many instances in which for some reason I completely forgot an important password and then I had to look everywhere for the paper in which I knew I had written that password.
ArIMy11

Activity: 519
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 02:55:13 AM

There are many people in 2021 that have decided Bitcoin is the future - and they aren't wrong either!

One question a lot of people are asking is whether your Bitcoin wallet can be hacked or not - well, can it? And is there a way to secure these funds? https://4king.com/can-your-bitcoin-wallet-be-hacked-how-to-secure-your-funds/

Most of the time I am using a mobile wallet. First, I am using password before opening the mobile application. Then I am setting a password that contains alphanumeric and special characters. Third is am using a two factor authentication for extra security. Fourth, websites that I visit the most is bookmarked to avoid clicking the wrong link. Online transactions are always risky. I am still afraid when I am transferring or even viewing my wallets so I do not install much applications nor visit an unknown sites

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC        SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 02:03:44 PM

I think all wallets can be hacked if we as owners are not careful in connecting our wallets by clicking on phisshy and scammy links or emails which can install malware in your software and you lose access to your wallet and funds. ,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: