Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:03:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase vs Shopify for new coins  (Read 220 times)
armenmerikyan (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2021, 04:45:32 PM

Instead of getting listed on Coinbase which is almost impossible for small/new projects, I was thinking of using Shopify as an alternative to sell coins. Basically everyone that want's to sell brownie coin would have to setup a shopify store and start selling through shopify.  

Let me know what you think

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 01, 2021, 11:34:10 PM

Instead of getting listed on Coinbase which is almost impossible for small/new projects, I was thinking of using Shopify as an alternative to sell coins. Basically everyone that want's to sell brownie coin would have to setup a shopify store and start selling through shopify.  

I didn't know that shopify is now an alternative to sell coins. Do you have a link for this or proof that we can sell coins(Altcoins).
Do you mean, shopify is like an exchange platform were We can able to trade cryptocurrency is this what your trying to emphasize
here? Just became curious on this all of a sudden, I wanna know for real,  Sorry for being noob.
bitterguy28

Activity: 2058
Merit: 181

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2021, 03:53:44 AM

Shopify ? is this an exchange ? sorry Just now that i have read this here in forum .

Kindly send some Links please so we can check it out and about the Availabilities of this to accept crypto as trading platform.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2021, 05:42:13 AM

I didn't know that shopify is now an alternative to sell coins. Do you have a link for this or proof that we can sell coins(Altcoins).
Do you mean, shopify is like an exchange platform were We can able to trade cryptocurrency is this what your trying to emphasize
here? Just became curious on this all of a sudden, I wanna know for real,  Sorry for being noob.

Think of it like this, you want to sell coins, setup a shopify store and sell the coin for USD at whatever price that you like. It could be any coin, bitcoin, litecoin, each coin is a product on the shopify store. buy the coin, provide your address and coins are sent to that address.

sunsilk

Activity: 2968
Merit: 622

View Profile
April 02, 2021, 08:03:52 AM

Think of it like this, you want to sell coins, setup a shopify store and sell the coin for USD at whatever price that you like. It could be any coin, bitcoin, litecoin, each coin is a product on the shopify store. buy the coin, provide your address and coins are sent to that address.
This is like an exchange that you're describing but it's just slower than the usual exchange that we have. If it's needed to provide the address for the bought coins to be sent later, that's a manual process, unlike the usual exchange that you can withdraw it anytime as long as you're at the threshold of minimum withdrawal.

What OP's idea is like the marketplace for e-commerce just like what we see with them selling goods and products online. But in his idea, it's his coins or any other coins that will be listed there.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2021, 05:05:11 PM

This is like an exchange that you're describing but it's just slower than the usual exchange that we have. If it's needed to provide the address for the bought coins to be sent later, that's a manual process, unlike the usual exchange that you can withdraw it anytime as long as you're at the threshold of minimum withdrawal.

What OP's idea is like the marketplace for e-commerce just like what we see with them selling goods and products online. But in his idea, it's his coins or any other coins that will be listed there.

with an Exchange you can buy and sell coins with one account, with this model (e-commerce) you can only buy from a shopify store, If you want to sell your coins you would have to setup a store for yourself and start selling the coins from your store front. This gives us the ability to not deal with the KYC problem since we are only selling coins and not buying them.

leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
April 03, 2021, 07:03:56 AM

Why not just list your coin on uni or sushi instead? As I believe it's even free to do (just the cost of gas fee) and all you need to do then is advertise your project and spend the listing fee on marketing instead:)

Might as well, right?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2021, 07:43:09 AM

Why not just list your coin on uni or sushi instead? As I believe it's even free to do (just the cost of gas fee) and all you need to do then is advertise your project and spend the listing fee on marketing instead:)

Might as well, right?

uni and sushi work for none ETH token or coin? 

macson

Activity: 1050
Merit: 150

View Profile
April 03, 2021, 01:49:55 PM

snip

here? Just became curious on this all of a sudden, I wanna know for real,  Sorry for being noob.

wow, new thing....I just found out that Shopify can be used as a place to "exchange".  have they been doing this for a long time because usually things like this will quickly spread. (curious)
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2021, 05:53:32 PM

snip

here? Just became curious on this all of a sudden, I wanna know for real,  Sorry for being noob.

wow, new thing....I just found out that Shopify can be used as a place to "exchange".  have they been doing this for a long time because usually things like this will quickly spread. (curious)

With this model every person that want's to sell coins would have to setup their own Shopify store, obviously they can sell other products along with the coins like t-shirts, ...

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2021, 08:30:28 PM

with an Exchange you can buy and sell coins with one account, with this model (e-commerce) you can only buy from a shopify store, If you want to sell your coins you would have to setup a store for yourself and start selling the coins from your store front. This gives us the ability to not deal with the KYC problem since we are only selling coins and not buying them.
It brought me up with a big question: Is Shopify just an intermediary platform or an exchange?
I got what you mean, each customer can create their own store there, and sell the coins they want. So, do customers deposit those coins to your platform? If yes, how can your platform hold all coins (no matter what platform it works on, even junk coins)? And if the customer does not need to deposit, so your platform is just becoming an intermediary website. Customers can put anything there, even paper. What is the difference between Shopify and an intermediary website?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2021, 09:00:22 PM

It brought me up with a big question: Is Shopify just an intermediary platform or an exchange?
I got what you mean, each customer can create their own store there, and sell the coins they want. So, do customers deposit those coins to your platform? If yes, how can your platform hold all coins (no matter what platform it works on, even junk coins)? And if the customer does not need to deposit, so your platform is just becoming an intermediary website. Customers can put anything there, even paper. What is the difference between Shopify and an intermediary website?

Shopify would not be an exchange, you can't returns your coins for money. you can only buy coins from a shopify store. If you would like to sell coins for cash, you would have to setup your own store, provide shopify with your banking information and sell the coins that way. With this model you know who the buyer and sellers are. it's traditional commerce versus an exchange.

ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2021, 09:42:31 PM

Shopify would not be an exchange, you can't returns your coins for money. you can only buy coins from a shopify store. If you would like to sell coins for cash, you would have to setup your own store, provide shopify with your banking information and sell the coins that way. With this model you know who the buyer and sellers are. it's traditional commerce versus an exchange.
Ya, I got you  Wink So, your idea is to bring currencies (created to operate on a decentralized platform) into transactions on a centralized platform like a bank, huh?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2021, 10:32:19 PM

Ya, I got you  Wink So, your idea is to bring currencies (created to operate on a decentralized platform) into transactions on a centralized platform like a bank, huh?

it doesn't have to be a bank, your merchant store could be a bitcoin store instead of shopify. you can sell stuff for bitcoins if you don't want to get the bank involved.

ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2021, 04:15:32 PM

it doesn't have to be a bank, your merchant store could be a bitcoin store instead of shopify. you can sell stuff for bitcoins if you don't want to get the bank involved.
Well, it means the options are completely expanded according to the customer's wishes, and there won't be any limits, right? Understand your idea, but I think it is difficult to implement. If a customer wants to receive money through BTC, your platform will have to become an intermediary to hold the BTC. If customers want to receive money through the bank. Your platform must work with those banks' payment gateways.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2021, 06:15:10 PM

Well, it means the options are completely expanded according to the customer's wishes, and there won't be any limits, right? Understand your idea, but I think it is difficult to implement. If a customer wants to receive money through BTC, your platform will have to become an intermediary to hold the BTC. If customers want to receive money through the bank. Your platform must work with those banks' payment gateways.

Let's say John wants to sell his coins, He creates a Shopify store, johnscoinsstore.com lists his coins for sale, sell his coins and he is done.

Let's say Paul purchased some coins from John's Shopify store, Now Paul want to sell his coins, so Paul sets up a Shopify store paulscoinstore.com, lists his coins for sale, and sells his coins back to John or Jane ...

Alphredis

Activity: 201
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 07:52:40 PM

Hey u thought about to use Shopify for selling Coins?

Maybe also DShop could be a alternative shopping system... it is a decentralized shopping system constructed for crypto an totally free... form the same makers of the origin protocol.

Here have a look... https://dshop.originprotocol.com/

ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2021, 02:16:47 PM

Let's say John wants to sell his coins, He creates a Shopify store, johnscoinsstore.com lists his coins for sale, sell his coins and he is done.

Let's say Paul purchased some coins from John's Shopify store, Now Paul want to sell his coins, so Paul sets up a Shopify store paulscoinstore.com, lists his coins for sale, and sells his coins back to John or Jane ...
Yes, I understood what you said. But you have not mention how they make a checkout on their own sales website yet. Can John put any form of payment on his website? So who will protect the buyers? If the Paul has sent John money, but John says he has not received it yet, how to protect Paul?
Yes, he do. And are you just here to advertise your website? in other's topic?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Alphredis

Activity: 201
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 05, 2021, 02:24:56 PM

Yes, he do. And are you just here to advertise your website? in other's topic?

Nope I didn't Own this Project and I didn't advertise for this Platform I only informed u.

I would be happy if it is my Project...
If you make such accusations you should at least do a little research Grin.

Yes, I understood what you said. But you have not mention how they make a checkout on their own sales website yet. Can John put any form of payment on his website? So who will protect the buyers? If the Paul has sent John money, but John says he has not received it yet, how to protect Paul?

Who is protecting the buyers at the moment at an ICO? Is there usually an escrow?

sunsilk

Activity: 2968
Merit: 622

View Profile
April 05, 2021, 02:53:26 PM

This is only for those projects that don't have a huge market and you're like selling them privately through the proposed model and store through Shopify.

You may not require the KYC but the more important factor is the worthiness of the coin and what will be the other essentials and distributions that it can give to the buyers.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: