Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:41:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase vs Shopify for new coins  (Read 220 times)
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2021, 02:58:25 PM

Who is protecting the buyers at the moment at an ICO? Is there usually an escrow?
How can you compare investments and trade? it's a lame and absurd comparison  Roll Eyes Investing in an ICO is like playing the lottery, if you are lucky, you have a lot of money, otherwise you lose it. But trading is another aspect, if you give the money to the lottery ticket seller, and then they say you haven't given the money, what do you do? It's completely different, don't make such a dumb comparison. It is the duty of each trading platform to protect their customers from scammers.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Alphredis

Activity: 201
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 05, 2021, 03:04:42 PM

Who is protecting the buyers at the moment at an ICO? Is there usually an escrow?
How can you compare investments and trade? it's a lame and absurd comparison  Roll Eyes Investing in an ICO is like playing the lottery, if you are lucky, you have a lot of money, otherwise you lose it. But trading is another aspect, if you give the money to the lottery ticket seller, and then they say you haven't given the money, what do you do? It's completely different, don't make such a dumb comparison. It is the duty of each trading platform to protect their customers from scammers.

Well u are right than I got the op wrong. I unterstood it by lunching a own coin or token and for a kind of ICO u can use Shopify or any other script.... But u want to look to use it as a small exchange... like a decentralized self owened exchange platform...

Than u are totally right there is a problem with no warranty of saftyness...

Sorry for getting it wrong, I apologize.

armenmerikyan (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2021, 03:35:36 PM

Think of it like this, you want to sell coins, setup a shopify store and sell the coin for USD at whatever price that you like. It could be any coin, bitcoin, litecoin, each coin is a product on the shopify store. buy the coin, provide your address and coins are sent to that address.
This is like an exchange that you're describing but it's just slower than the usual exchange that we have. If it's needed to provide the address for the bought coins to be sent later, that's a manual process, unlike the usual exchange that you can withdraw it anytime as long as you're at the threshold of minimum withdrawal.

What OP's idea is like the marketplace for e-commerce just like what we see with them selling goods and products online. But in his idea, it's his coins or any other coins that will be listed there.

with an Exchange you can buy and sell coins with one account, with this model (e-commerce) you can only buy from a shopify store, If you want to sell your coins you would have to setup a store for yourself and start selling the coins from your store front. This gives us the ability to not deal with the KYC problem since we are only selling coins and not buying them.
This is only for those projects that don't have a huge market and you're like selling them privately through the proposed model and store through Shopify.

You may not require the KYC but the more important factor is the worthiness of the coin and what will be the other essentials and distributions that it can give to the buyers.

it's a simple coin with a very catchy name, it will take off. it's been in the bitcoin community since 2013. The technology is proven since it's a litecoin clone with very minimal changes. I maintain the code base and servers myself. It's my baby and I have funded the entire project so it's not wasting a lot of money. very lean project.

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
armenmerikyan (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2021, 03:41:53 PM

How can you compare investments and trade? it's a lame and absurd comparison  Roll Eyes Investing in an ICO is like playing the lottery, if you are lucky, you have a lot of money, otherwise you lose it. But trading is another aspect, if you give the money to the lottery ticket seller, and then they say you haven't given the money, what do you do? It's completely different, don't make such a dumb comparison. It is the duty of each trading platform to protect their customers from scammers.

Once a customer and business establish a business reputation there would not be scamming just like a normal business. Exchange can't stop scammers, biggest scammers in the world are exchanges. wait until bitcoin hits $1,000,000 and they will run off with your coins and claim they got hacked. Please say that shit to someone who didn't get 100 bitcoins stolen from mtgox.

ETH and Exchanges were the worst that happened to crypto. 

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 05, 2021, 08:14:55 PM

it's a simple coin with a very catchy name, it will take off. it's been in the bitcoin community since 2013. The technology is proven since it's a litecoin clone with very minimal changes. I maintain the code base and servers myself. It's my baby and I have funded the entire project so it's not wasting a lot of money. very lean project.
Okay, good luck to your project.

If it's already existing since long ago and you're planning to have it on sale only onto your shopify store. About it taking off, only you know about it since you're the one maintaining it.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2021, 09:00:00 AM

Exchange can't stop scammers, biggest scammers in the world are exchanges. wait until bitcoin hits $1,000,000 and they will run off with your coins and claim they got hacked. Please say that shit to someone who didn't get 100 bitcoins stolen from mtgox.

ETH and Exchanges were the worst that happened to crypto. 

Can't give any other feedback because you have made the above argument. Good luck! I just want to emphasize that you need the most effective way to help customers out of scammers.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 11:03:44 PM

Even I don't know anything about Brownie Coins, I tried to find in coingecko and coinmarketcap and there is no coin that you refer.

I guess coinbase is a good exchange, I mean everytime this exchange will be listed a coin then we will see the coin that will be listed will increase a lot.

As an example, OGN (Ogin Protocol) is being listed on coinbase exchange now you can trading the coin on coinbase. Take a look with the price movement, almost 30% increase in one day.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2021, 11:18:23 PM

Coinbase is more than just an exchange it is more of an endorsement of originality. If for any reason you get to scale through coinbase listing, you are on tour way to the top as a great project to be looked at BG investors.

Instead of getting listed on Coinbase which is almost impossible for small/new projects, I was thinking of using Shopify as an alternative to sell coins. Basically everyone that want's to sell brownie coin would have to setup a shopify store and start selling through shopify.  

Let me know what you think

The_Trader

Activity: 180
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 03:49:10 PM

I can sort of see the logic behind this idea.
So I would set up a shop and stock it with instead of tangible goods like socks, t-shirts, and jumpers it would be coin a, coin b and coin c.

The issue though is the up's and down's of the price 100x coin A may cost $100 one day but the next cost $120 you would have to continually alter the price to follow the true exchange value, then on top of that I presume you could only sell the coins in blocks of 12,20,30 etc someone could not come on and buy 0.023 of a coin could they (unless that is the amount you have listed for sale i guess )

Of coarse i could be wrong about all this as I am not a shopify guru but have taken a look.

Thanks
TT
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: