Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S17e Fan Issues  (Read 87 times)
Meiner1979 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2021, 03:34:15 PM

Hi i have a S17e
it has been working fine for a few months then one day it said Fan lost ( fan 4 ) so i changed the fan, miner still wouldnt boot up kept saying fan 4 lost so i tried a diffrent fan still the same switched fan 3 and 4 and it still showed fan 4 lost so then got a new control board flashed it with the correct firmware and it still says fan 4 took a fan from another machine and to see if it was the fan i was using but it still said fan four
any help or guidance would be great thank you in advanced
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 02, 2021, 12:37:11 AM

That's pretty strange, when you use a new control board, it's like buying a new miner so this problem should have been solved, the only two things left to troubleshoot would be the fan 4 pin wire, it's a 2 pieces wires, the fan isn't directly plugged into the control board, so the wire from the control board to that junction could be faulty, the second thing would be the PSU, while the fans get power directly from the control board, that power still comes from the PSU, there is a chance that the power is dying/dead and can't feed enough power to all 4 fans.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Meiner1979 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2021, 07:25:21 AM

Already tested the cables so next step is the psu will update when I’ve tested

Thanks
Meiner1979 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2021, 07:19:29 AM

So after many hours yesterday we realised it’s the fan we was using it was too powerful causing a imbalance once we put fans on from a different rig it booted up but then when it was all back together it had another error
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 03, 2021, 08:59:37 PM

we was using it was too powerful causing a imbalance once we put fans on from a different rig it booted up but then when it was all back together it had another error

That's great news, although I still don't understand how is that even possible, you mentioned that

took a fan from another machine and to see if it was the fan i was using but it still said fan four

by machine, you mean a non-miner machine? if it 'IS' a mining gear than how could it be more powerful than the rest?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Meiner1979 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 01:14:03 PM

The new fans I bought was a 7200 rpm the ones in it was 6500 rpm so the draw on a 7200 will be slightly more then the 6500 so it was knocking fans out I have a t17+ that’s in bits so used the fans from that and it worked up to the next error which I’ve not had time to looks at
Meiner1979 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 04:54:16 PM

And the next error was the psu swapped it with a different one and all working fine

Thanks for the help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: