Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:39:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there people here from 2013 who are not millionaires now?  (Read 7281 times)
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:33:33 PM

Couple millionaires made this week with chaincoin, I'm guessing.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
viking02

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:25:13 AM

Im curious but when did this forum open?  Also when did lot of people spoke a lot about bitcoin on the forums like now?

To the people that said if you bought 1 btc for 1 dollar each and then it goes up to 20 dollars, wouldnt you withdraw some?  Sure of course many people would.  But the thing is why would you withdraw it if it keeps going up.  Correct?  Thus if it is hot, then why would they withdraw unless you need the money etc.

Im also curious but how hard was it to acquire bitcoin back in 2009 and 2010?  Was it easier in 2011?  When was bitcoin sort of mainstream?  I remembered i was on a poker forum and someone mentioned about bitcoin and said it would be the next big thing.  This was around mid 2011 i recalled and i believe i looked at it and it was like 10 dollars maybe.  Of course i thought it was some junk and ignored it etc.

Also im curious but how many people here had a lot of bitcoins back then but then either sold them or used them?  Were there a good amount of people with like 500-1000 bitcoins or even more and then sold it or paid for stuff with it?  Because if you had the 500 bitcoins now... that would be around 1 million dollars now.

Were there lot of ppl with like 1000 and up bitcoin?  Was it pretty easy to get or even get for free etc? 

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:36:54 PM

Im curious but when did this forum open?  Also when did lot of people spoke a lot about bitcoin on the forums like now?
according to forum stats page it looks like it was in November 2009
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 01:13:58 PM

Bitcoin went mainstream more or less in 2012, of corse you could buy it before that, but it got much easier in 2012. Beyond that Bitcoin started to be what it is today With ATM's and shops accepting the coin.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:11:45 PM

I am resurrecting this post purely because it was very helpful for me. I hope many newbies will learn from other people's experiences as I did. DONT spam the post signature scammers please.

Here is what I learned:

1) Never think you can predict prices buy selling with the hope of buying later.
2)Noone can outsmart the market.
3)If you fall into hardtimes and use your bitcoin, then as soon as you get back on your feet,replace the number of coins you had not the value of $ you had.

Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:15:23 PM

Millionaires became a small part among those who had bitcoin in 2013. Most sold bitcoins at the end of 2013 to $ 1000 and more. And who did not sell, in early 2014 he sold $ 600. A small part of those who could wait for 2014,2015 and early 2016. Congratulations to those who are still hold.

BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:17:06 PM

There are plenty of people who should be, but many sold out too early or just simply made poor trading decisions.  It can be easy to go wrong and hard to go right.

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:18:32 PM

are you a millionaire?

most people from back then are not millionaires. most people panic. others gets bills. most didn't have much to start with. others were too stupid or sensible to throw it all in on alts. even if they are millionaires from alts, it's paper profit until they cash in.

and those that are theoretical millionaires now arent able to invest that money because real estate and industry developers will not take them serious

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:22:16 AM

Millionaires became a small part among those who had bitcoin in 2013. Most sold bitcoins at the end of 2013 to $ 1000 and more. And who did not sell, in early 2014 he sold $ 600. A small part of those who could wait for 2014,2015 and early 2016. Congratulations to those who are still hold.

I think Andreas's revelation a few days ago further illustrates your point. Unfortunately even to day are still falling into the very same trap
criticoflife

Activity: 353

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:25:56 AM

your thread makes it sound like you think it's too late to become a millionaire now. Just because you made some wrong choices before and didn't hold doesn't mean you can't learn from your mistakes and make some picks now and just hold and leave it there until you are a millionaire. I havent' been around since 2014 only since 2016 but i am doing ok on paper out of this so far but like you i made some rookie mistakes at the start mainly by day trading and ending up stuck on a few bad coins. I should have just held some main coins from the start and i would be a millionaire. but i know this now and am holding 3 really good coins and waiting.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:47:38 AM

If you know the currency in 2013, estimates are all millionaires now, after all, opportunity so much, I have a few friends started playing 13 years, are now already has millions of wealth.

testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 03:09:55 PM

Uhh...I've been here since 2011 and I can pretty solidly say that I am not a millionaire.  I'm not destitute since I have a pretty good job outside of this, but I'm not a millionaire and that's despite having a pretty good income from my regular job. I told myself I'd buy more bitcoin when I got a high paying job but when it actually happened the price of bitcoin was tanking (down to about $200) and I got too scared to actually go through with my plan to buy $3000 of bitcoin a month.

The rest is just a combination of having actually spent almost all of my bitcoin when it was worth about $8-100, and having invested bitcoins in mining hardware instead of just holding onto the coins-by the time I got the mining hardware it was impossible to mine back the coins spent.

I was also a very broke med student in the early days so I had no money to invest anything and basically could only buy new hardware by selling the coins off.

But that said I recently finally bought the second crypto I've ever purchased, which was a little bit of Qtum during the ICO and at least on paper it's had a pretty great run.  We'll see what it's worth in a year or two, probably all dependent on if this altcoin bubble pops or not.  

But man oh man, so many threads I've been in on here where I came SO, SO close to buying in.  The original NXT thread I got scared off by all the posters saying it was a scam.  Ethereum I got busy during medical residency and forgot about the ICO until it was over then I didn't feel like paying 50 cents each lol.  NEM I read the thread too early when it was still an NXT clone and didn't end up finding out about the new structure until recently.  Many times I've failed at becoming a millionaire.

But I can't complain too much, I've made a lot more than I would have if I had never invested in Bitcoin, and I did cover my medical school loans in the end with how much it's gone up. =)  And who knows, if this crazy market keeps up maybe in a year I'll be a millionaire hahaha.

Figured I'd post a 2021 update. After this post I HODL'd pretty hard. Had some stuff I probably shouldn't have HODL'd that hard including those Qtum, but overall those lessons we learned paid off I think.

I hope the rest of you in this thread from 2017 did well HODLing. Here's to more years of HODLing for all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: