Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:24:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did you buy bitcoin?  (Read 208 times)
Sterbens

Activity: 1848
Merit: 341

Duelbits.com

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 03:03:52 PM

BTC/Crypto as a whole is more convenient to use than fiat in terms of remittance and storing funds, that is of you will compare it to banks or other remittance services. Another thing is, crypto is one of the best innovations created as one of the best alternatives to cash/plastic money. Faster and way more convenient compared to another traditional mode of payment.

and with the presence of crypto, we can freely conduct cross-border transactions, without intermediaries, without any party participating in the exchange of cryto to fiat money and vice versa.  I was very fortunate to become acquainted with crypto and it provided me with additional work and costs to make ends meet.
So, which other assets can provide a great alternative like cryptocurrency? I don't think it exists, and it's final.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 03:39:05 PM

For what purpose? Does my answer will make you believe that bitcoin is really legit and can be made as your investment place?

Bitcoin is become popular now, why don't you believe it? Take a look how many instutional investor are trying to spend their fund to buy bitcoin?

I started to buy bitcoin at 2018 ago, its price still low after a huge increase and create an all time high. Until now, I still believe it and make only one my investment place especially for long term investment.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2021, 04:07:02 PM

I buy for financial freedom and general wellbeing what else can be most important than that! Everyone in this space are here for the money except for those who just want to lie to themselves,
Btc has given many youth a way out of economic depression they are each facing from different location, it has been my sincere pleasure to be part of this space, I bought at different price range, also bought at 50k price,  
I still consider myself among early adopters even though i came in much later than 2009.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 04:29:44 PM

If we'd be truthful with ourselves, many of us bought bitcoin in order to make profit. We, one way or the other, heard about the potentials of bitcoin and become fascinated by the prospects and we bought into it.
Personally, I bought my first bitcoins back in 2017. It was trading at less than $20k then. Unfortunately, I didn't hold for long although I did make some profits.
I don't know why you asked this question but I don't think you need anybody's approval to buy and own some bitcoins.

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2021, 05:35:23 PM

I guess this is a personal thing and some might not disclose their reason why they bought bitcoin.

Since my reason is not really a big thing, I bought bitcoin mainly because of its features and of course to gain profit on its uptrend. Bitcoin is very popular right now and you can determine each individual's reason on social media platforms or even written in the articles. So do you think why we're buying bitcoin? just to join the hype? of course not. It has an obvious question and most of us have the same answer here.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 05:45:50 PM

Sorry Guys.,   But I need An Answer
Why did you Guys  buy bitcoin and at what price?

Thank you  Cheesy

Hello

I didn't buy Bitcoins for long term holding since my current financial situation is not something that would permit a good bank accounts but enough to pass buy everything. Rest I use Bitcoins for every day basis. For example:
1. I do commissioned artworks and am paid in BTC
2. I do use Bitcoins to send and receive money internationally for my tution fee
3. I use Bitcoins for whenever I can make a valid and secure purchase in BTC online
4. Some sites do have BTC listed as their payment options therefore I sometimes use that also.

Etc.

For me Bitcoins is an amazing investment but since I cannot get an opportunity to make a good investment right now I use it as a currency and for everyday trading.

P.s.
I do not really think that price would matter until and unless you have a big investment in the same, what would matter is the usage , I do believe that even if you cannot invest you can still get a descent use of this crypto.

--

Ugh....I first bought bitcoin back in 2015 when I was just getting into it and had just registered on the forum.  The price (as I remember it) was between $200-400, but I didn't even buy a full bitcoin if you can believe that.  As to why I bought it:  Prior to 2015 I was almost certain that bitcoin was a fad that would die off, because I saw how many scams were being perpetrated right here on bitcointalk.  But the longer I watched it and the more I read about it, the less certain I became that this was going to be the case--so I decided to jump in and buy some.

And boy, I wish I'd kept all the bitcoin I've owned.  Time and time again it's proven to be a mistake to sell or spend it, and I probably could have had a fortune by now...but it wasn't to be, I guess.  I'd also add that I've always seen bitcoin as an investment more so than a currency, so I never acquired any simply to spend it on things.

Something similar but my father actually forced me to sell my btc, whatever I did accumulate back in 2018 and asked me to buy shares in stock market, I did not wanna do that so I gave him the money after encashing. Flash forward- he did buy the stocks - stocks are all dead. He himself dreads why he made me do that and is always asking me about the perfect opportunity to buy some BTC and is also looking for options to shift his shares to BTC .

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Ultegra134

Activity: 1568
Merit: 749

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 06:47:41 PM

Ugh....I first bought bitcoin back in 2015 when I was just getting into it and had just registered on the forum.  The price (as I remember it) was between $200-400, but I didn't even buy a full bitcoin if you can believe that.  As to why I bought it:  Prior to 2015 I was almost certain that bitcoin was a fad that would die off, because I saw how many scams were being perpetrated right here on bitcointalk.  But the longer I watched it and the more I read about it, the less certain I became that this was going to be the case--so I decided to jump in and buy some.

And boy, I wish I'd kept all the bitcoin I've owned.  Time and time again it's proven to be a mistake to sell or spend it, and I probably could have had a fortune by now...but it wasn't to be, I guess.  I'd also add that I've always seen bitcoin as an investment more so than a currency, so I never acquired any simply to spend it on things.
I bought during the same era, it was 2013 or 14 if I remember correctly. I didn't think of it as an investment back then, I used them for transactions (Buying/selling online goods etc). Looking back, I wish I hadn't spent them. That minecraft account was sure one of the most expensive accounts ever bought.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 07:00:42 PM

I learned about bitcoin in 2017, my friends are talking about it and I got curious about it so I make some questions about how did they earn with it. They told me a lot of things about how to earn with bitcoin, there's trading, investing, mining, and even gambling. That information makes me more curious about how can I do it, so I first tried staying on this forum to gain more information and also earning by joining signature campaigns, then I started to invest with bitcoin, I bought at a low price and sell it at a high price, a simple trade that every trader should know. I bought it because I know that it is really profitable as long as you have enough important information on how you do it. There are lots of things I already bought because of bitcoin and it helps me financially and logically on how to make decisions.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 09:25:22 PM

The first time I got to know Bitcoin I underestimated Bitcoin, I didn't even want to buy it. Maybe because Bitcoin when I first got to know it wasn't
as popular as it is today, and there haven't been any success stories from other people regarding investing in Bitcoin. And finally around 2016 I decided
to buy Bitcoin when the price was $ 400, because I saw the price that continued to go up. And entering 2017 my desire is getting bigger and bigger
to own a lot of Bitcoin, because the price increase in 2017 really surprised many people. So in conclusion I bought Bitcoin, because I wanted to be rich.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
Issa56

Activity: 1386
Merit: 911

View Profile
April 04, 2021, 09:43:12 PM

I think this question is kind of annoying because I don't really think you have to know the reason why I bought bitcoin, not everybody will tell you the reason why they bought bitcoin, but i bought bitcoin because I knew the price was very low and it is going to pump hard I bought around may last year when the price was still $10k and am still holding the bitcoin up till now because I believe bitcoin price is still very low and will do well in the the nearest future.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███