Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:39:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody here sell their Gold to buy Bitcoin?  (Read 1340 times)
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1114

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 09:23:50 AM

I don't have any weighty pound of gold stored away somewhere else, I'm sure it won't have been much of an option to sell it off in purchase of some Bitcoin. Gold is a commodity of value for sure, looking at the fact that, its a valuable piece of luxury and have stood or continues to stand the test of time.
With nations even haven't to store or measure there reserves in gold but then, in the current order of things,as an investor that desires profit, its more sensible to sell of your gold in purchase of bitcoin. Perhaps you can buy it again after making some considerable amount of profit but till then, bitcoin seems of the most valued when compared with gold.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
viananda2525

Activity: 1041
Merit: 125

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 11:46:31 AM

Although, all arguments have been in favour of bitcoin over gold, I do believe that possessing gold is somehow also a way of providing security against economic collapse.
If you'd ask me, as much as it is advisable to buy and hodl bitcoin, it is wisdom to know that you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. Personally, I think it is more advisable to split your assets between bitcoin and gold.
I'd say sell some of your gold to buy bitcoin. Don't sell all. You'll also need it.

100% agreed, both are good asset for our investment so if we can have both at the same time why we should sell one to buy the other one. Even if we are so sure about bitcoin will give higher long term profit but the risk is also higher. Gold is more stable which mean lower risk, so we should be wise enough in investing our money on both bitcoin and gold.
GOld and bitcoin should not substitute each other , they are best portofolio at this moment although have different risk level. With similar limited supply those assets have market cycle and price structure could analize well . In my opinion it will be our disadvantages if sell our gold for bitcoin.

pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 11:51:53 AM

It depends on how much of gold vs bitcoin you're holding. If you have 3x more gold than bitcoin think about balancing it a bit more at least towards 50/50.
I think that if you have physical gold you should hold it. In case of a hyperinflation things like physical goods, metals, bitcoin, will all go up in value.

If you have gold shares you can as well sell it for bitcoin because it's not as safe to hold as bitcoin and will produce much smaller profit for you.
MIner1448

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 01:08:04 PM

I want to download, this is how much gold you need to sell. to buy at least one bitcoin. In general, in my opinion, this is an unequal exchange, gold will never fall in price, the more you wrote in the long run, so in the long run, gold also rises in price. In general, this is a bad idea, you can be left without gold and without bitcoin at all, taking into account such a market for now.
riso2015

Activity: 1246
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 06:29:44 AM

Hello Gang,
Long time investor/holder of Gold coins, new investor of Bitcoin.
I've been thinking about selling some Gold to buy Bitcoin.
I'm listening to the pros/cons of doing this and Bitcoin seems like the better asset to hold in the long run.

So..
Anyone else here convert their Gold to Bitcoin?
Kinda having a hard time parting ways with my coins.
There's something to be said about touching Gold coins.
They're heavier than you think..
They have a nice ringing tone to them when tapped.
Fun to look at.. older ones have a history to tell.

Maybe I'm alone in this feeling.. 14+ years of collecting coins is hard to let go, but ultimately I got into it to have an insurance in case
of economic collapse and security.. also to make a profit.
Seems like Gold may be taken out by Bitcoin in a few short years.

Thoughts?

not a bad idea you exchange your gold for bitcoin. I think the benefits will be much greater that you will feel. But keep in mind the point you will be profitable if you are good at analyzing bitcoin prices.. But even if you count the length of time you hold gold and if at that time you already held bitcoin.. maybe today you have become a billionaire.. Keep studying with the right people so you won't be influenced by rotten coins.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 06:18:54 PM

I have not invested in gold before, so didn’t have to do that. But I don’t think selling your gold would be a good idea if you have extra funds that you can use and invest in Bitcoin. Unless the case here is that you don’t have any other funds and you’re in need of funds to buy bitcoin, then sure you can go ahead and sell the gold and then invest the money in Bitcoin and HODL or trade to make profit, depending on how you want it.

It wouldn’t be bad to own both gold and bitcoin they, both of them are among the hottest assets you can buy. But in a situation where I am left to select just one of them, then I am sure going to choose Bitcoin, because that’s what has been working out for me.

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 09:53:09 PM

I have gotten lucky one day and i found a golden ring on the ground, i took it to the jewelry store and i sold it for a good amount, i took that money i bought something with it and the rest i have invested it in bitcoin, and effectively the money that i invested it grew by a lot, the point of the story is that even gold is a good investment but it is  stagnant and won't get you any significant profit even if you hold it for years, so try investing it in bitcoin and crypto because they are the ones that generate good profit.
jinneas

Activity: 116
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 05:59:02 AM

Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are the current investment trend. Bitcoin is not a physical object like gold, it performs all operations in the network system, as long as the private key is remembered, it can be stored safely. The number of bitcoins is limited and cannot be issued at will. This scarcity will increase its value and also great potential for appreciation in the future.

horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 07:12:18 AM

If I had an investment in gold, I probably wouldn't sell it all to invest in bitcoin. between gold and bitcoin are different in nature, so I think investing in both would be better to diversify the investment risk. we know that investing in crypto is very profitable because of the pump, so the slightest capital as long as it's right will make it easy to become rich

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2021, 04:15:09 PM

If I have gold, I might not sell it to buy Bitcoin. I think both gold and bitcoin have value. But for the current investment, I will definitely choose to invest in Bitcoin, because the profit of Bitcoin is greater than that of gold, but gold is slowly stabilizing now just to preserve its value.

I don’t get you mate.
From your statement it seem to me that you are confused yourself.
But i can really advice you that if you looking for long term investments, then go on holding your Gold, but if you want quick profit then sell it instantly and buy BTC right now.
Both BTC and Gold has separate fanbase and worth, but it depends on us how we will use it.
Hope this helps the OP too.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Furious 7

Activity: 2870
Merit: 651

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 05:07:56 PM

I have not invested in gold before, so didn’t have to do that. But I don’t think selling your gold would be a good idea if you have extra funds that you can use and invest in Bitcoin. Unless the case here is that you don’t have any other funds and you’re in need of funds to buy bitcoin, then sure you can go ahead and sell the gold and then invest the money in Bitcoin and HODL or trade to make profit, depending on how you want it.

It wouldn’t be bad to own both gold and bitcoin they, both of them are among the hottest assets you can buy. But in a situation where I am left to select just one of them, then I am sure going to choose Bitcoin, because that’s what has been working out for me.
If you don't want to be a big risk when investing, then gold is the solution because there will be no bear market, something will happen later, just a slight decline and will not have a big impact, that's for those who don't like big risks

So choosing bitcoin is a good thing especially with the skills you have then selling gold is not a problem and buying bitcoin is the main way to be profitable in the future, even in a short time it can become bigger that's how skills do it, so I I think everyone who decides must have a good plan too.

But for me of course bitcoin is an option.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███