Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairing S9 Hashboard Australia  (Read 62 times)
juststuffme (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 10:50:13 AM

Hi All,
First time poster and Newbie on the forum.
I currently have 4x S9 with 4 faulty Hashboards, also bought 5 faulty boards from Ebay last year with a plan to fix them.
Time got away from me and i have started to buy the bits and pieces required.
Mostly have faulty chips i gather and 2 wont start the antminer, the power supply starts but the Antminer has no lights.
Brings me to my question do i need the S9 Chip Tester Stand or can i just use the multimeter as per the test points.
I know it will take me longer  to diagnose but in Australia with shipping they want $400 for it.
As i can't find anyone in Australia to fix these hashboard was going to start a little hobby of fixing them and also keeping my S9's running.
Will keep you all updated with my progress on repairing the boards with photos.
Cheers
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2021, 11:27:46 PM

Brings me to my question do i need the S9 Chip Tester Stand or can I just use the multimeter as per the test points.

I think you can use a multimeter to check if the chip is dead or not there is a diagram on zeusBTC that you can follow to find a faulty chip with a multimeter
You can find it from here https://www.zeusbtc.com/NewsDetails.asp?ID=171

But it would be better if you have a test fixture that you can use to easily detect faulty chips.
The test fixture was built to easily detect any faulty chip and I suggest you find more guides on how to repair the s9 hashboard from this link below.
- https://www.zeusbtc.com/Repair.asp

Scroll down and you will see all kinds of hashboard repair guides under that link.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 12:52:37 AM

Brings me to my question do i need the S9 Chip Tester Stand or can i just use the multimeter as per the test points.

Yes you can, the problem with the stock firmware is that it only feeds the board for a short while ( a few seconds), and then it stops when it doesn't find all 63 Asics, there was a diagnostic firmware floating around back in 2018 which I can't seem to find now, that firmware had a "test" mode in it which keeps feeding the chips so you can measure the voltage, so you are going to need that firmware.

I also think using custom firmware like Vnish (Asic.to / Awesomeminer) and then using the auto-tune function will give you a lot more time to measure the voltage, so you can try that as well, keep in mind that every domain has its normal voltage readings, make sure you check the manual posted above for more details.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████