Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:29:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowering power consumption as possible  (Read 262 times)
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 04:15:15 PM

Holy Cow.

If I trust whattomine: your power consumption id 370watt+ Motherboard ( to mine ethereum, because RVN ts higher)
Can we call it 500 w ?
24hour*,5 its 12 KWh/ day its 4380 Kwh / year
you have 1.2 Kw Nominal
your system at best .. will produce 1600 Kwh / year facing south in free place can be better only if you are in Denver or Colombia or at very high altitude but not that much
Go here and check by yourself.
https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/pvgis#, just pinpoint your location  the map where you are and write 1.2 in the KW peak box and hit calculate.

At the end you need to triple your actual solar PV system to have those  running 24/7/365.

In theory!

in reality When you hit calculate its show a table and a graph ( kind of gaussian distribution curve).

That  will show you that , in the summer you will produce more than enough for running the system, but not for charging the battery fully and running the system.
Then if you multiply your 1.2 Kw by 3, the yearly production will be enough BUT (the winter + part of autumn and spring) production will NOT be enough!

As a reference  my system:

When finished  I will  have 9.9 Kw  380 V installed system facing south with 11.8 ( x3) KWH  3phase BYD  battery. This give me an a base of 1.5 Kwh/24/365 that I count for the two rigs.
On top there is an electrichal  water heating pump for bath & Kitchen use
Winter heating is done by wood as I am living in a forest with difficult access.
The two rigs (1 AMD 1 NVDA) are located one in the basement (AMD, a little noisy, 6 x RX 470 ) one in the first floor Nvda (6 x 3060TI/3070 Zotac) is very quiet
There is an AVS automatic ventilation system that is spreading the heat where is needed between the floors.
The excess energy produced during the summer  is "gifted" to the government in exchange for the 65 % tax deduction....
When there is (too much) snow, I can purchase electricity from the grid at 0.27 €(33$cents)  but that make mining  not convenient.

in short ? I will sell a 1/2 of GPU and purchase some solar panels... price is around 30€ cents / watt those days so probably you can purchase 1 Kwp with one 1660Ti
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
XUR_TIP (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 04:52:00 PM

Thanks for your replies philipima and others, I've decide to sell the rx580 and buy more solar panels instead, I will leave the rest for future buildings as I have a dream to build my own big mining farm some day, thanks

MCcryptonia

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 06:58:09 PM

The more the GPUs you use the higher the watts they consume, I have a solution, sell all the GPUS and buy a single rtx3080 or other single mighty gpu, this RTX 3080 draws less watts vs all the GPUS you own and again you are running those GPUs with risers, do you know that risers takes some powers too? A single card will do the magic trick

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: