Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:46:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legitimate Websites to Purchase Cryptominers(New or Used)?  (Read 151 times)
RobertPlatinum (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 07:13:04 PM

Hey.  I wanted to know if anyone knows of any legitimate websites to purchase new or used crypto-miners.  All I'm finding in my search is scam websites, literally dozens of them.  One scam website even has the [Name].com of the manufacturer of the machines.  If anyone is willing to help.  Note: I understand if you guys want to protect your source, but please remember that these large companies purchasing thousands of machines are the ones to be concerned about.  A big thanks to anyone willing to help me in my journey.
Ttechqc

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 08:38:34 PM

In the same line of question, looking for some kind of rated list of good mining rig to buy used?
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 08:44:13 PM

Ebay.

Seriously, the chances of getting scammed are exceptionally high. Paypal+Ebay gives you a chance at recompense if it turns out to be a box of pinball machine parts.

And of course Cloud mining=Ponzi fraud.

What to buy? Most efficient miner you can afford. While mining is typically a zero sum game and people bitch endlessly about "ROI" truth is if you mine and held over the last few years you would have done well.
RobertPlatinum (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 11:21:32 PM

Thanks guys for responding.  My only concern is obtaining a decent working mining rig.  I know what I'm looking for I just need to know reputable places to obtain a cryptomining machines.  And thank both of you for responding.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 11:29:27 PM

If I might ask, why?
RobertPlatinum (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 02:05:50 AM

If I might ask, why?
Lightfoot, I would like to mine cryptocurrency. It would take too long to give a detailed explanation of why I would like to cryptomine.  Digital currency is being accumulated by a relatively small portion of the population and even more so by large companies and investment banks.  I would like to get involved before mining reaches critical mass. In other words before there is nothing left to be mined.  I know that we are towards the end with the major crypto but I still do not believe that it is too late.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 03:02:42 AM

Oh ok. Boutique mining. Well you could do an Antminer S9, they're pretty reasonable and putter along. S15's are not worth it for the price, S17 and 19 are neat but expensive and require 220v. Dragonmint A1's are good but man they blow up easily. Older miners (Neptunes, S7, that kind of thing) are not going to make you any real coin.

If you just want something in the corner of the house an R4 is nice. If you just want to see BFGMiner run and mine some dust pick up a cheap Jalapeno and run it on your desk.

But with ATMs all around the quickest way is to buy it. But mining is fun....
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6406

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 04:40:27 AM

Ebay.

Seriously, the chances of getting scammed are exceptionally high. Paypal+Ebay gives you a chance at recompense if it turns out to be a box of pinball machine parts.

Ebay is probably one of the safest places to obtain mining gears, but you pay for the "safety", finding gears in other places would be a lot cheaper, and of course, you pay for it with a chunk of risk, while the majority of miners resllers are scammers, legit sellers are there, one should spend a bit of time trying to source a legit seller rather than paying 30-40% extra just for safe trade.

OP, if you don't mind telling me where are you located, I might be able to recommend trusted sellers in your area/country.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
RobertPlatinum (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 09:11:58 AM

Oh ok. Boutique mining. Well you could do an Antminer S9, they're pretty reasonable and putter along. S15's are not worth it for the price, S17 and 19 are neat but expensive and require 220v. Dragonmint A1's are good but man they blow up easily. Older miners (Neptunes, S7, that kind of thing) are not going to make you any real coin.

If you just want something in the corner of the house an R4 is nice. If you just want to see BFGMiner run and mine some dust pick up a cheap Jalapeno and run it on your desk.

But with ATMs all around the quickest way is to buy it. But mining is fun....

Mr. Lightfoot thanks so much.  I don't mind the price of the S17 or S19.  Actually I would prefer one of those.  Again thanks!
RobertPlatinum (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 03:39:57 PM

Southeast US
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2567

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 08:21:21 PM

Southeast US
Then check what Blokforge.com has in stock. They are in Mesa Arizona (even have walk-in a store there) and primarily carry new gear but have some used gear  from time-to-time. I've used them since 2017 for all of my new gear purchases (primarily Avalons) and they are excellent folks to work with.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
RobertPlatinum (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 11:13:19 PM

Southeast US
Then check what Blokforge.com has in stock. They are in Mesa Arizona (even have walk-in a store there) and primarily carry new gear but have some used gear  from time-to-time. I've used them since 2017 for all of my new gear purchases (primarily Avalons) and they are excellent folks to work with.

Thank you sir!  I will check them out.
danieleither

Activity: 204
Merit: 407

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 10:59:28 AM

I've used HashExpert a number of times, they have an excellent reputation and deal in both new and used miners:

https://sales.hashexpert.net/latest-crypto-mining-equipment-prices/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: