Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 06:34:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm launching a better Bitcoin wallet recovery service  (Read 149 times)
vanupied (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 04:02:47 AM

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the forum but I've had the opportunity to play with BTC over the past few months to unlock a friend's Multibit 0.5.18 wallet. He's happy now and me too. Please read my other posts to get some background.

Now my scripts, machines and GPUs are sitting idle and I'm launching a service to help other people in exchange for a % of the amount recovered.
I know Dave @WRS does a great job, has good reviews and long standing visibility in the community so I'm not here to compete with him.

That being said, I do believe in particular niche situations, I'm able to:
- do a better, faster job with probability of success higher than 40%
- provide better communication at each step of the recovery process
- share best practices and ideas with those who don't qualify for my service offering (eg: if the locked balance is below $1000)
- do so at a lower overall cost to the wallet's owner compared to the most popular recovery services

To qualify for this service, wallet owners must:
- accept to have a call with me to discuss the issue in details before any file is exchanged
- prove that they lawfully acquired the cryptocurrencies (I will not deal with criminals or shady characters)
- sign a service offering contract that details the terms of the relationship: this is a legit consulting activity
- pay their taxes if/when they sell crypto for fiat. We pay our taxes, you should too.

My current setup allows me to onboard 2 customers for the next 4 weeks.
Initially, I'm focused on BTC and Multibit wallets since the setup is ready to run.
I'll create a queue for those in different situations (other coins, other software) since my scripts are pretty generic and can be extended to support additional platforms.

Priority will go to my fellow French citizens. It looks like they are pretty rare around here so if no French-speaking member is interested by April 20, the service will be offered to English-speaking people.
A portion of my commission will go to an NGO that fights climate change. The amount will be higher than what's strictly required to compensate for the negative impacts generated by this activity.

I'd be happy to discuss the service's details here in public if there is interest.

Cheers!
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 7666

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 09:35:05 AM
Merited by suchmoon (9)

- prove that they lawfully acquired the cryptocurrencies (I will not deal with criminals or shady characters)

Isn't it difficult to prove that? From what i've seen, the users sometimes can't even remember if they obtain Bitcoin from faucet, mining, friend or exchange which didn't require identity verification.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vanupied (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 12:46:44 PM

Isn't it difficult to prove that? From what i've seen, the users sometimes can't even remember if they obtain Bitcoin from faucet, mining, friend or exchange which didn't require identity verification.

Thanks for the feedback. It is difficult to prove indeed. It might be on a best-effort basis initially.
That's why I'm open to having chats and calls: it's easier to judge a character when we talk.
My main concern here is receiving requests from unlawful activities. I want to run a legitimate service.
vanupied (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 11:59:35 AM

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'll try to be extra careful.

I've had good feedback from other forum members too that I've incorporated to my workflow.

I'm setting up my website and offering now.
VanillaH

Activity: 23
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 20, 2022, 02:57:42 AM

Have you launched your website?

I may be interested in your services.
vamosrafa

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 02, 2024, 04:22:08 PM

Is this still something you are working on, I think I might be a good candidate for your services, but it appears you are no longer doing this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: