Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:22:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving asset in bitcoin is much more better than saving in banks  (Read 859 times)
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 08:48:30 PM

Bitcoin's profit is much higher than the bank. But it cannot guarantee 100%. Profits from banks are not high but it is safe and absolute. You should divide 2 parts of your assets 1 to invest in Bitcoin and 1 more you should send to the bank.

Holding FIAT in banks is not 100% safe. It is covered by the central bank only to a certain amount so I wouldn't call that safe, I wouldn't hold a huge quantity in the bank that's for sure.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oktana

Activity: 1582
Merit: 281

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2021, 11:22:25 PM

"It could have lost its value"? But it didn't. Infact, Bitcoin has been ridiculously increasing each and every year that pass.
The OP ain't a trader so he will not be bother about this short volatilities happening in a period of 24hrs. He is trying to save money for long term. He did even mentioned he time deposited his money in the bank. So, what better option you give?
Because I personally think the OP is doing the right thing. Making half of his money deposited from the bank and the other half to invest and save to Bitcoin for a bigger profit than banks.

Even if his money rose by 100%, that doesn't change the fact that crypto currency or I'd rather say 'Bitcoin' is volatile. Volatility is sure. The price going up or down is volatility. You may say that the chances of things going wrong have reduced, doesn't mean shit can't happen. I hope you understand my point of view.
So, your point of view is telling you that you're not going to buy and save or invest in Bitcoin because shit can happen? Even if you know you can have like 100% ROI in the next couple of years?
Nobody's arguing about Bitcoin's volatility here, because we all obviously knows Bitcoin is a very volatile asset. We're talking about long term profit as the OP was justifying which option to takes. Bank or Bitcoin.
Shit will happens If you sell during bearish season. That's why I said, why would he bothered with price fluctuations? Is he going to sell when the Btc price goes below his buying range? Of course not, he'll wait until Bitcoin recovers to the range he's comfortable selling with.

Don't get me misunderstood please. We all know that everything created by man has the ability of going wrong. I am an advocate of Bitcoin, but that doesn't change the fact that Bitcoin's price could dip. Cryptocurrency is volatile and nothing can change that. Even our stablecoins have this slight "change" so... Imagine Bitcoin that is traded every second everyday.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
mmhaimhai

Activity: 532
Merit: 257

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 01:42:55 AM

Bitcoin price today is way high compare to last year. But if these scenario of yours happen way back 2016 or 2017 when btc price reach 20k then goes back to 8k in few months then the result will be different.

In bank your money will have too little profit but you are assured that profit continues as long as the money is in them. Bitcoin and other crypto in other hands can give you a huge profit in few months or even few days but you can also lose your money in them. Investing in crypto is also like trading your fiat money and hope it increase value in the future.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 01:56:10 AM

But that doesn't mean that you will have to put all of your money in bitcoin, remember that you should only invest what you can afford to lose and if you are risk junkie then probably going for a 50% increase is enough but remember to not put all of your eggs in one basket, bitcoin may return big money than banks but it doesn't happen overnight.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
online73

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Ecowatt.io

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 08:27:43 AM

Hello everybody. A very correct phrase has already been written here - banks are not a place where you can make money, but only a place for storage. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is not only a good storage place but also an ideal investment component. The difference in storage is that when you save money in the bank, the safety rests entirely with the bank, as for Bitcoin, here the entire responsibility for keeping money in lies solely with you.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1178

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 09:03:04 AM

Hello everybody. A very correct phrase has already been written here - banks are not a place where you can make money, but only a place for storage. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is not only a good storage place but also an ideal investment component. The difference in storage is that when you save money in the bank, the safety rests entirely with the bank, as for Bitcoin, here the entire responsibility for keeping money in lies solely with you.

What can you say about this "ideal investment component" during 2018-2019 period, when its price dropped from $20k to $4k? What it a good investment? What was Bitcoins ROI these years? While in banks, if you deposit money, you get your "base amount + few % annual" with a 100% probability.

Bitcoin and banks investments in my opinion are two things that can not be compared. One asset is very volatile and is good only when its price grows up, while other is a kind of stability, but gives miserable profit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 09:11:28 AM

I just got to find out the importance of saving asset in bitcoin. As of last year October I just decided to split my savings into two and used half of it to buy bitcoin then took half to bank and deposited as fixed deposit which means I won't be taking the money for a period of time and bank will in return be giving me little percentage which I will take as profit, recently I tried comparing the profit I get from both bank and bitcoin, I found out the profit I got from bank is way low compared to what I got from bitcoin, then I decided to stop keeping my assets  in banks rather I keep it in bitcoin which later turns out to be an investment for me.
You have to more careful and noticed that the crypto market is high volatile. You can get here huge profit on the hand your wallet may be sick when the market becomes huge down. So it is bank is the more secured to put your money as APR more than crypto but if you want get quick return you can invest on btc.

dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 04:34:07 PM

saving on bitcoin is more profitable than saving in a bank. I see the price of bitcoin from month to month and from year to year, I conclude that saving on bitcon will make us rich because the price of bitcoin tends to increase from year to year.
if saving in a bank I don't feel any more benefit than storing assets in bitcoin, in my opinion the bank is only a place to store money, not to make us rich like bitcoin.

izsara

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 06:07:00 PM

I think it all depends on the individual.
If, for example, people who don't want to be complicated and don't want to take risks, the option to save money in a bank is certainly the best option, but if that person is willing to invest with the risk of losing money, we can save it in bitcoin. because in crypto, especially in bitcoin, we are not 100% profitable because it is very difficult to predict what will happen.
depending on the perspective of the person who sees the advantages and disadvantages because other people's choices are not necessarily the same as the choices we make

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 06:30:31 PM

saving on bitcoin is more profitable than saving in a bank. I see the price of bitcoin from month to month and from year to year, I conclude that saving on bitcon will make us rich because the price of bitcoin tends to increase from year to year.
if saving in a bank I don't feel any more benefit than storing assets in bitcoin, in my opinion the bank is only a place to store money, not to make us rich like bitcoin.

Considering the timing, if you do invest with Bitcoin last year you'll see the huge profits that you'll going to take

now, compared with banks time deposit where you can only get smaller than 10% of your initial investment.

though risk is the factor why institutional investors mostly choose to put their savings inside bank than exploring

with crypto market.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 06:41:40 PM

- Perhaps you should take the time to look further years ago, looking at how the highest milestone then collapsed, the price of bitcoin doesn't rise forever, depending on the demand each year it will grow, some years are sad and bitcoin dominates the market with too many tears and money, this year may be seen as the most stable year but the future is not sure. Bank savings allows for more stable assets, it's too difficult to get rich by saving with bitcoin, you can only invest according to the market to be as optimal as possible but the investment will not be as safe as savings

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Gamerholic

Activity: 843
Merit: 255

8V Global | 8v.com

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 06:53:18 PM

I totally agree with that. There are many stories about how people lost all their savings due to bank failures or economic crises that devalue their money. Those who contacted bitcoin (especially at the very beginning) not only did not regret it, but also got rich as its price and demand grew. I am sure that when large masses of people realize that cryptocurrency is the future of finance, they will stop trusting their money to banks, or at least transfer part of their capital to cryptocurrency.

▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████            ██████▀▀
     █████▀      ▀███████████▌          ██████
    ▐████         ██████    ██         ██████
     ████▄      ▄██████████ ▐█▌       ██████
      ▀████████████▀▀ ▐████▌ ██      ██████
   ▄▄█████████████▄    █████ ▐█▌    ██████
 ▄█████▀▀     ▀▀████▄  ▐████▌ ██   ██████
▄████▀          █████   █████ ▐█▌ ██████
█████           █████   ▐████▌ ████████          ▄█▀▀▄   ▄█▀▀█▄   ▄█▄███▄▄███▄
█████▄        ▄█████     █████ ▐██████          ██      ██    ██  ██  ▀██  ▀██
 ▀████████████████▀      ▐████▌ █████     ▄▄▄   ██▄  ▄  ▀█▄  ▄█▀  ██   ██   ██
   ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀   ▀▀   ▀▀
          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄              ▀y
   ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄  ▀▄▀▄▀     ▀▄▀▄  ▀▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄ ▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▄▀  ▀   ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀
 ▄  j▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▀a       ▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄  c▀
      ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀        ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▄
       ▄▀▄▀▄▀          ▄▀▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀▄
        ▀▄ ▄ ▄         ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀▄e ▀▄▀▄▀ ▀
          ▀▄▀▄▀▄      ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄    ▀▄▀▄  ▀
           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄      ▀▄▀▄▀        ▄▀▄ ▄ ▀▄▀
            ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀       ▀▄▀   ▄         ▄▀▄
             ▄▀▄▀          ▄▀  ▀         ▀▄▀▄▀
             ▄▀▄                             ▀  ▀▄
            ▀▄▀                                 ▀
YOUR GLOBAL DIGITAL ASSET EXCHANGE
███████     WEBSITE     |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM   ███████
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
███                                    ███
███                             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███                           ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███                           ██          ██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██
 ███████████████████  ███████ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ████████████████ ██          ██
           ▄█████████████████ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
          ███████████████████▄ ▀████▄▄████▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 07:32:00 PM

But of course, any FIAT money is doomed to monetary inflation.

Need to buy a house? Cash out BTC and buy it.

Need to buy a car? Cash out BTC and buy it.

But never cash out all your BTC to keep them in your bank account, that's the most stupid thing you can do Smiley

I'll make it simple for you. Never cash out to keep cash Cheesy

It's a joke of course. Cash is still better than electronic fiat money in your bank account.
IMO physical goods> Bitcoin> Cash> Money in the bank. Physical goods first because all forms of currency ultimately lead to buying what you want.
Kamarah

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 10:00:36 PM

The difference is that banks almost guarantees the profits that they are promising, while with Bitcoin no one guarantees anything, you can earn a lot or lose a lot. Also banks serve another vital function - they lend money to people. Because of this, banks will always exist.

If you imagine all people in the world abandoning their saving accounts for Bitcoin, it would create an enormous bubble, and the early buyers would profit from it greatly, while the late buyers would lose everything, as Bitcoin would correct by 95% or more. This is just a thought experiment, because nothing like this is going to happen, but still.
Depositing money in the bank is a traditional writing that people often do for a long time. It is also a way to keep your money fed and you still receive a certain interest rate and often depends on the amount and time of your deposit. This is quite a safe job. But since I got to know Bitcoin I have used money to invest in Bitcoin. This is how to save money because of high profits. I know the risks of buying Bitcoin, but I accept it. That's how I got rich

jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2021, 11:41:43 PM

banks have never given much more than bitcoin will give in a year. Banks give maximum of about 4 tp 6 percent per anum whie bitcoin can give 100 percent is a year or less than, depending on the outcome of the space and it s demand and scarcity structure. save in bitcoin rather than save in banks.

I just got to find out the importance of saving asset in bitcoin. As of last year October I just decided to split my savings into two and used half of it to buy bitcoin then took half to bank and deposited as fixed deposit which means I won't be taking the money for a period of time and bank will in return be giving me little percentage which I will take as profit, recently I tried comparing the profit I get from both bank and bitcoin, I found out the profit I got from bank is way low compared to what I got from bitcoin, then I decided to stop keeping my assets  in banks rather I keep it in bitcoin which later turns out to be an investment for me.

just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 11:58:40 PM

Some money can be made by placing savings in a CD type of account, which allows you to earn simply by not withdrawing your money for a long period of time. Somewhat like crypto investments, only the % of the income can be significantly lower. Sadly, many elder people use this function, believing that their money will be 100% safe and they'll get the promised reward years after, at the end of the term. The banks state that their main privilege is guaranteed safety.

I personally find these deposits untrustworthy, because you basically allow someone to use your assets (they aren't paying you for nothing), which means that safety is already violated. They can simply be giving someone a loan with your money and when there are too many loans and people fail to pay off in time (happens a lot)- there's a high risk of the bank going bankrupt and all the money can be lost. So cryptocurrencies are way better in this respect also, IMO, not only as an investment opportunity.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 12:01:50 AM

The experience that OP is living is totally frecuent. There are many people who are realizing that it is better to invest in cryptocurrencies than to invest in banks and they have migrated their money to investing in bitcoin and altcoins.
The future of Banks is uncertain every time they lose their savers, we still do not know what will be the effect they will receive as cryptocurrencies are the ones that users prefer.

vitorschefer

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 12:12:55 AM

Mas devemos sempre ter mais de uma cripto (token)
nikrobi

Activity: 303
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 12:16:47 AM

Banks are loosing their capacity to raise funds cause they delayed alot of time to wake up to this New Financial World. They also insist to keep on mantaining the same papers at the same economic model justifying and selling solidity, safe and stability. Certainly they willl continous to have a place at sun, but probably the ones who stopped in time, surelly will be swallowed by the unavoidable, by the "unknown" and by the untamed cryptocurrences technology which joined abstract and concrete in an endless business! There will be no risk just while power is on!!!
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 12:38:37 AM

If you look at your case, you choose bitcoin as a form of asset investment based only on the profits earned every month.
My question is, do you still choose bitcoin as a place to store assets if the profit that bitcoin gives is the same as that given by the bank?

For me, I still choose the bank as the main asset depository.

-= OI =-
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: