Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:52:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assembly Function Based Blockchain  (Read 60 times)
happymeals (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 07:07:25 AM

I have this idea.. perhaps I'm crazy, but in my head it sort of makes sense. There is also the possibility that something like this is in the works already. The idea is a code repository based chain. Instead of transactions being pushed, it would be the assembly instructions of unique functions. Internal aliasing would be in place of mining. The cpu power would be to prune the chain to remove duplication. There would have to be measures in place to avoid gaming the system, but essentially if you have unique assembly instructions, they can be pushed into a block. Meta tags can then be used in code to call a public function. There could be a human element similar to StackOverflow that curates the most efficient function for a said alias.

There are a few more moving parts than just a standard coin, but it seems possible to unite the best of BTC, git, and SO to make a cool project. Does this seem feasible or even practical? I imagine it more like a browser/IDE wallet that is either a full node or à la carte for just the functions you want. What do you think? 
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 11:13:53 AM

What you are proposing is not clear, but this might surprise you: A github repository is a block chain.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
happymeals (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 12:47:00 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2021, 01:02:36 PM by happymeals

I didn't think it through. Blockchain tech wouldn't be needed. What I'm thinking is more of where git and StackOverflow meet as a meta language for C++. For example

Code:
@sum(1, 2, 3);    // pulls from the public function for summation

The programming could be done with aliases (@ or some tag). Everything would have to be bootstrapped, so that it can only build from the pieces that are already available instead of calling sub-functions that won't exist for the end user.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: