Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:23:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any news on flashing firmwear now ssh has been dissabled?  (Read 70 times)
Sidesharks (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 05:17:48 PM

Hi all,

In short I've spent my today trying to flash firm wear on to a T9+ I purchased on eBay. After trying to flash I keep getting no signature errors and after some researched tried to use ssh to flash but that also failed as apparently that in more recent firm wears they've disabled ssh onto the machines. Has anyone found a work around for this yet?

Thanks for any suggestions Smiley
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2021, 05:56:08 PM

If you flashed it recently with 2019 firmware then your miner is SSH disabled.

To enable this back there is a way to flash it. Try to flash it with an SD card you can follow the guide from this link below.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT0GBoh_xTI

Or check this guide https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019493654-S9-series-S9-S9i-S9j-S9-Hydro-Control-Board-Program-Recovery

It's s9 but I believe that the t9+ control board and s9 are the same.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sidesharks (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2021, 06:09:33 PM

If you flashed it recently with 2019 firmware then your miner is SSH disabled.

To enable this back there is a way to flash it. Try to flash it with an SD card you can follow the guide from this link below.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT0GBoh_xTI

Or check this guide https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019493654-S9-series-S9-S9i-S9j-S9-Hydro-Control-Board-Program-Recovery

It's s9 but I believe that the t9+ control board and s9 are the same.

When I try to do this via the SD card with the jumper both the LEDs on the front remain on and the board does not flash, I thought that this had also been disabled or do I have a faulty board? thanks for the help
BitMaxz
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2021, 10:37:18 PM

When I try to do this via the SD card with the jumper both the LEDs on the front remain on and the board does not flash, I thought that this had also been disabled or do I have a faulty board? thanks for the help

Are you sure that you burn the image firmware to the SD card?

If it's not flashing try to use the image firmware from awesome miner you can download them from this link below.

- https://www.awesomeminer.com/antminerfirmware

It can unlock the disabled SSH in your miner.

If it still doesn't work try to clean the slot of the SD card from the t9+ control board it might be full of dirt.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 04:14:15 AM

They did disable the Sdcard thing on the newest models according to some people, but the T9 is too old for them to care about, you can probably still Sdcard it even if the latest firmware is installed, make sure you use a small size tfcard.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sidesharks (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 09:13:43 AM

Are you sure that you burn the image firmware to the SD card?

If it's not flashing try to use the image firmware from awesome miner you can download them from this link below.

- https://www.awesomeminer.com/antminerfirmware

It can unlock the disabled SSH in your miner.

If it still doesn't work try to clean the slot of the SD card from the t9+ control board it might be full of dirt.

The SD card slot is clean and its a small 4gb card so that should be fine. What do you mean by burn the image to the SD card? The guides seem to say that you need to just copy the extracted file to the card. I tried burning the image to the card using Rufus but I had an error of failed to scan image - I may just be being an idiot here.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2021, 06:07:30 PM

The SD card slot is clean and its a small 4gb card so that should be fine. What do you mean by burn the image to the SD card? The guides seem to say that you need to just copy the extracted file to the card. I tried burning the image to the card using Rufus but I had an error of failed to scan image - I may just be being an idiot here.

It seems there is no .img file inside the tool it's a raw image firmware that works on old miners but the .img file for t9+ seems never exist.

Anyway, have you formatted the SD card to FAT32? Try to format it again and copy all files again to the root directory of your SD card.
If still doesn't work or it doesn't show any led signal when flashing check the jp4 if it's well attached.

Also, try another SD card, and maybe the SD card you currently use is broken which keeps files you copy corrupted/broken.

Once it's successful flash it again through the WebGUI use the 2017 firmware below this one is already deleted on their download page but the link still working.

- https://file.bitmain.com/shop-file-server/firmwares/Antminer%20T9%2B/Firmware/00720180209143644817e9j6NQuj06BF/Antminer-T9-PLUS-all-201711242319-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sidesharks (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 11:32:07 AM

It seems there is no .img file inside the tool it's a raw image firmware that works on old miners but the .img file for t9+ seems never exist.

Anyway, have you formatted the SD card to FAT32? Try to format it again and copy all files again to the root directory of your SD card.
If still doesn't work or it doesn't show any led signal when flashing check the jp4 if it's well attached.

Also, try another SD card, and maybe the SD card you currently use is broken which keeps files you copy corrupted/broken.

Once it's successful flash it again through the WebGUI use the 2017 firmware below this one is already deleted on their download page but the link still working.

- https://file.bitmain.com/shop-file-server/firmwares/Antminer%20T9%2B/Firmware/00720180209143644817e9j6NQuj06BF/Antminer-T9-PLUS-all-201711242319-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz

I've tried all of this, unfortunately to no success. looks like ill have to bite the bullet and buy a new board (reason for wanting to flash is that one of the fan connectors is broken and I wanted to disable it). looks like even on the T9+ the latest 2019 firmware also disables SD card flashing. Thanks to all for helping me Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: