Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer Control Board Issue  (Read 86 times)
Marinex (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 08:28:09 PM

So I got a S9 and powered it up to make sure it worked and it worked perfectly, but next day I noticed that only 1 of the 3 green leds in the control board is on, and the miner is no longer visible in the network. I made sure to disassemble it, clean it, restart router, check every cable but still no luck. Also tried flashing it with an SD card but after changing the jumpers I get the same behavior where the miner is powered on, but its like the OS fails to boot or something.
Any ideas appreciated
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marinex (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2021, 10:40:16 PM

As an incentive, I will send my first 24h earnings to the person that helps me fix this without replacing the board (if thats allowed by the mods).
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 01:56:36 AM

Free advice, wipe and install an original Bitmain firmware from the Bitmain site, to ensure it's not a hack firmware that's the cause of your problems.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6382

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 03:51:24 AM

As an incentive, I will send my first 24h earnings to the person that helps me fix this without replacing the board (if thats allowed by the mods).

Over the course of 3 years, I helped countless people troubleshoot and fix their mining gears, some folks here have been around years before me, most are helping out for free, there is absolutely no reason to incentivize the fine gentlemen here with money.

Just to confirm that you are not doing something wrong, please show me the files you used to flash the miner, and where did you download them from? also, what was the size of your Sdcard.

in order to troubleshoot your issue more accurately, we need to confirm that you did indeed Sdcard the control board correctly, sadly most people don't. , also, do you happen to have another miner or this is the only one you got?

Free advice, wipe and install an original Bitmain firmware from the Bitmain site, to ensure it's not a hack firmware that's the cause of your problems.

That's good advice, but his gear is nowhere to be found on the network, how do you expect him to install the firmware when the control board is defective?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████