Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:56:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotbit is SCAM. They stolen my MONEY.  (Read 161 times)
maksimp (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 05:18:12 PM

Hotbit is SCAM. They stolen my MONEY.

I have verified account at Hotbit and they block it without any reasons and stolen my money.
In my account they stolen more than 130000 USD in BTC and tokens. Its big money.
Guys you need to write everywhere, don't be scared and lazy. Write to Facebook, write to Twitter, write to telegram, post everywhere you can.
Request Facebook, Twitter and others block Hotbit accounts as they will continue to SCAM peoples and stole their money.
write and file a complaint against Hotbit to USA SEC regulator, South Korea regulator and China regulator.

Shanghai Gametree Information Technology Co. it's Hotbit company and it's SCAM.

They will always write same: "Once there are any updates, we will inform you. Please wait patiently......"
Then after 3 weeks they wrote: please submit a support ticket to us again.
After I submitted again they wrote: we will give you a feedback within 48 hours.
But there will be no any updates, feedbacks cause they just scammed you and stolen your money.
I have all my account and assets screenshots. Also I have all our 3 weeks dialog history with this company support.

P.S. I wrote to Estonian and Hong Kong regulators and got answer that Hong Kong do not have any informations about this company and trading platform.
But Estonian regulator found only Hotbit Europe OÜ, registered in 06.04.2021 and NOT having licence to provide crypto currency services.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AhmadM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 308

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 06:57:42 PM

Sorry for your loss, $130k indeed is huge money. Whether you hold most of your crypto portfolio there for a long time? Anyway, I'm not trying to say that you are lying here but it would be best if you could put the necessary evidence on this matter. It's not the first time I saw people against them before ->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5168200.msg53270874#msg53270874
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 08:12:38 PM

I have verified account at Hotbit and they block it without any reasons and stolen my money.
In my account they stolen more than 130000 USD in BTC and tokens. Its big money.
Guys you need to write everywhere, don't be scared and lazy. Write to Facebook, write to Twitter, write to telegram, post everywhere you can.
Request Facebook, Twitter and others block Hotbit accounts as they will continue to SCAM peoples and stole their money.
write and file a complaint against Hotbit to USA SEC regulator, South Korea regulator and China regulator.

Shanghai Gametree Information Technology Co. it's Hotbit company and it's SCAM.

They will always write same: "Once there are any updates, we will inform you. Please wait patiently......"
Then after 3 weeks they wrote: please submit a support ticket to us again.
After I submitted again they wrote: we will give you a feedback within 48 hours.
But there will be no any updates, feedbacks cause they just scammed you and stolen your money.
I have all my account and assets screenshots. Also I have all our 3 weeks dialog history with this company support.

P.S. I wrote to Estonian and Hong Kong regulators and got answer that Hong Kong do not have any informations about this company and trading platform.
But Estonian regulator found only Hotbit Europe OÜ, registered in 06.04.2021 and NOT having licence to provide crypto currency services.

Sorry for your loss but writing about their scam may save people from others, if they did enough research before doing it and already in 2019 itself they got major accusations for pending withdrawals so it is less effective.

But you can make a legal complaint against them since they have physical office I guess because $130K is worth to take such actions.

Also you can create a thread in scam accusation section maybe helpful for others when they are researching about that exchange.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 10:17:34 PM

If you are thinking you were not doing something wrong with it and take a legal action. What's your point to store a lot of money on the custodial service like hotbit? we know that if hotbit can't be trusted at all and this exchange site has a bad enough rating by so many members consider there are lots of pump and dump, price manipulation, randomly blocked user's account and many more.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

There are some threads that accused to Hotbit exchange, like
1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5169574.0
2. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5180648.0
3. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5180896.0
4. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5150397.0

Yeah that is bad and I feel sorry for you, it is a huge amount and I just curious why you choose this exchange whilst there are so many reputable exchange?

The first thing that you have to be considered before buying a crypto currency you have to choose the reputable exchange first. It will be useless you hold a bunch of bitcoin and some good altcoin but you choose bad reputable exchange then you will be useless. Your money is not safe anymore.
maksimp (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 04:47:45 AM

Thanks guys for you support.

I plan to file a complaint against this company next week and write to to USA SEC regulator, South Korea regulator and China regulator then will go to police.

As on their site they mention that: "Founded in January 2018 and registered in both Hong Kong and Estonia"

I wrote to Estonia and Hong Kong regulators and got answer. Don't know how to insert image, so just copied their answers:

ESTONIA REGULATOR:

"Hi,

Eesti Pank does not regulate nor licence crypto currency service providers. Licensing of crypto currency service providers is responsibility of Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit. Please make relevant inquiry to  rahapesu@fiu.ee .

However, all registered companies and their licenses are public in Estonia. Companies registered in Estonia can be searched here and all issued licences here. Unfortunately it appears that only company registered in Estonia under similar name is Hotbit Europe OÜ, registered in 06.04.2021 and not having licence to provide crypto currency services. Please bear in mind that we cannot confirm any connection between this company and companies you mentioned in your letter.

With best regards,

Ms Gerli Rauk"

HONKG KONG REGULATOR:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We refer to your email dated 13 April 2021.

Please note that neither “Shanghai Gametree Information Technology Co.” nor “Hotbit” appears on our Public Register of Licensed Persons and Registered Institutions, which details the licences of securities, futures and leveraged foreign exchange intermediaries (including persons and organisations). Therefore, we do not have any information about this company and trading platform.

Please also note that if the virtual asset concerned is not securities or futures nature, it will not be under the SFC’s regulations.

If you suspect fraud or other illegal activities, and confirmed that the matter is happened in Hong Kong, please consider reporting the matter to the Hong Kong Police, their contact details are as follows:

Email: crimeinformation@police.gov.hk
Tel: (852) 2860 5012/ 18 222

Regards,

Securities and Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2231 1222 | Fax: (852) 2524 3718"

maksimp (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 05:03:32 AM

Now about my problem:

25 days ago I sent to my Hotbit wallet 617,851,637 of ETGP tokens which I bought from Mercatox year ago and they blocked my account.
I wrote to support and got answer:

"Hello,
Through our verification, your ETGP deposit amount is greater than 10% of the total circulation amount of the token on the blockchain, which automatically triggers our risk control system and resulting in your account ban.
In order to ensure the assets security of the user's account, please explain your asset source in detail, and provide proof of your asset source (e.g. brief description of fund acquisition / detailed screenshot of purchase and transfer). After receiving the above information, we will immediately submit it to relevant colleagues for verification, and reply to your progress within 72 hours.
At the same time, you can also contact the ETGP project team to confirm for you. If the ETGP project team sends us an email to prove that the transfer is normal by their official email, your account will be recovered within 48 hours.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Hope you enjoy trading on Hotbit!"

Same day I sent them all screenshots with my deals at Mercatox where they can see that I bought them here. Also at etherscan they can see that ETGP came to my wallet from Mercatox year ago
and now I sent them to Hotbit.

Also I have high level verified account at Hotbit. That means I provided them my ID, selfie with my ID and all info they asked long time ago.

Same day I contacted by email ETGP project team and asked them to write Hotbit and confirm. Team never answered at my emails, so I contacted them at telegram chat and
got answer that it's not their problem. It's my and Hotbit problem and they don't care.

Then I saw that this scammers already made new project named ETGF. Same site, new scam token. As I understood project team already sold this ETGP coin and don't care.
ETGF Finance before it was ETG project and then ETGP project, its all the same projects are pure 100% SCAM.
Chris Farmer telegram nick: @EthereumGold before he was Chris Graves same person are scammer.
There is no any project team, no one care about investors and never reply.

janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 06:05:00 AM

You have bought so much ETGP token, kinda curious why did you can buy more than 10% of total supply. ETGP has 6billion token if anyone curious.

When i see ETGP on CMC, it only listed on 2 exchange. 1 is mercatox and Hotbit, and most of volume is from hotbit exchange. Actually if you sell your ETGP token, it's not worth $130,000 now, as it's just worth around $15,000
maksimp (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 06:24:47 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2021, 08:47:43 AM by maksimp

Dear janggernaut,

If you read my post, you will see: "130000 USD in BTC and tokens."
They block my account with all I had there in Hotbit.

Be serious and read before post your answers.

Before this token was listed also at token.store(was closed) and CoinExchange.io(also was closed).

P.S. janggernaut kinda curious why did some one can buy more than 28% of total DOGE supply? DOGE has 129billion tokens and its not max if anyone curious.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2021, 11:23:42 AM

I had my account at hotbit but never used it much. I only use that exchange to buy any tokens which are not available anywhere else. I am also not sure about the reputation of that exchange but i was never scammed till now perhaps the reason i did not deposit much. After reading your sad incident, i would be more careful and withdraw my remaining funds on the exchange.
onecall123

Activity: 2044
Merit: 323

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 01:44:08 PM

I had my account at hotbit but never used it much. I only use that exchange to buy any tokens which are not available anywhere else. I am also not sure about the reputation of that exchange but i was never scammed till now perhaps the reason i did not deposit much. After reading your sad incident, i would be more careful and withdraw my remaining funds on the exchange.
Indeed, I've same experience but we can't neglect those threads denounced to Hotbit exchange! Since OP lost huge money it's not a big deal what we had experienced but get the solution on his/her concern. This is anonymous world and in the such helpless situation our contact continue to be ignored mostly.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 02:24:27 PM

Sorry to say but I'm curious where that btc is from, the one reason why exchange that's well known can behave this way is if the btc is been tracked from another blacklisted wallet address so that's why I asked how you come by the BTC, do you buy it from someone?

maksimp (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 02:41:57 PM

Ceyflix-Rez we not talk about btc here. I think sometimes its better to read, before write.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2021, 03:45:08 PM

-snip-

Damn, if their license is not registered in the country they claim, that means there is no reason to hold your funds in order to comply with any regulations and interview you as if they are law enforcement.

-snip-
so I contacted them at telegram chat and
got answer that it's not their problem. It's my and Hotbit problem and they don't care.
Telegram admins are not core support, they are just hired community managers with limited knowledge and most of them equate your problem with other people's past problems, so anyone you are likely to get the same answers. What's more, ETGP is currently missing its potential which the team probably won't waste time helping you with. You better keep trying to send them emails through the support on the official site.

-snip-
worth around $15,000
To be precise, $11k at the moment, or about 9% of the total OP assets in hotbit. Somehow hotbit is paying more attention to a smaller percentage of OP assets to be suspected.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 05:28:42 PM

Ceyflix-Rez we not talk about btc here. I think sometimes its better to read, before write.
Then why said 130000 USD in BTC and tokens? Are you for real ??

maksimp (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 06:03:19 PM

Then why said 130000 USD in BTC and tokens? Are you for real ??

Cause they blocked whole account with all tokens.
maksimp (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 10:10:36 AM

Problem solved. They unblocked my account and only let me withdrawal my tokens.
Topic can be closed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: