WhaleMaker (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 04:00:39 PM

Hey Holydarkness,

Thanks for your questions.

While I understand you had some worries (especially in this space) let me answer them directly.

I'd like to direct you to my post above in regards to the reasons behind our delayed communication several posts above.

Regarding our bounty, this is currently handled by Royse777 (who has done a phenomenal job in all aspects) on social media bounties. Our Youtube + blog bounty is handled internally at the moment.

However, I'll reiterate the problems we encountered.

We have a designated core team member tasked to handle communications and outreach going forward on BCT and other channels. Unfortunately, he was impacted severely by COVID and that delayed our response. This is sadly an ongoing issue. To give you some perspective, our team is international in multiple countries so it's still a prevalent problem.

Given that the bounty was live it was only fair for us to continue there for hunters.

For reassurance, the communication on BCT will be improved as well are now transitioning and expanding our team at the moment. I hope this is not exactly a deal-breaker for you, but I do sympathize with your concerns. I would too if the roles were switched. That's my honest answer.

However, knowing what I know I can say that we're here to stay and that there's nothing we're intentionally keeping from you. Hope this puts you at ease.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhaleMaker (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 04:04:11 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2021, 04:28:11 PM by WhaleMaker

In regards to your 1st and 2nd page of lightpaper (or was it onepager-divided-into-six? It's very short and not detailed), I'd like to point out that the barrier to entry of token early sale were not just the high minimum contribution or the composition of holders-and-short-term-traders. If any ICO projects from the past 4 years ever taught anyone, there is a huge risk of rugpull and scam projects, which lead to to an opinion that a project that's already --borrowing your words-- "months after an exchange listing" is safer, because reputable exchanges filter outs low quality projects, which usually has tendency to exit-scam. With this said, I didn's see any point covering this on the proposal of your project. I assume your project didn't propose any feature to fight this known issue? If so, then what's so different between you and other existing crowdfunding platforms?

To answer your question here.

There are several dimensions here that need to be addressed:

1. We're referring to the price action of projects that have already been listed on exchanges and not the security of the project itself (more on that note in a minute). As we've witnessed, most of the time upon listing, the price spikes and drops partially by hype or bot issues. Binance and other centralized exchanges are no exception. However, purchasing a token via presale or public sale (early investment) generally protects against downside risks assuming a project is legitimate. Buying early and "cheaper" for say $1.00 on a presale deal before a token is live, will always be safer than buying $20 for the same token that's already listed. Price drops to $1 you lose nothing if you bought in at the price. At $20 you lose a lot. This is from a pure pricing perspective. I don't think there is much debate on buying early.

However, that brings us to...

2. The issue of finding out which projects are real, and which ones are the next rug pull is a real concern in this market. Our platform mitigates some of this security risk for investors by including liquidity and vesting token locks directly from the team. Therefore, any project that comes through us will be direct will be locked and optimized for safety for investors, and overall trust in the ecosystem. If a project wants to pull the liquidity from the project. Good luck there.

The vetting process will be done by us a combination of ourselves and via our community. Due diligence is important and not an area we plan to skimp out on.

3. In terms of how we're different from other solutions. Our value is in providing a complete launchpad that focuses on "creating deals' as opposed to "finding them" from other launchpads. Most others providers out there focus solely on funding and limited marketing. This is simply the wrong approach. Without revealing too much (until we show our MVP) we aim to dive deeper into this vertical. Essentially, really hammering down on the processes that streamline the launch sequence, including post-launch coordination for continued support. Why?

Well, what do you think happens when a project gets purchased by investors hoping to flip or sell all of their vested tokens for the next shiny object?

That's not real value and a problem faced by some other competitor launchpads. We plan to solve this via a combination of post-launch support from our partners, and our core technology.

Hope this answers some of the questions going forward.
WhaleMaker (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 04:06:29 PM

Hey guys,

You missed my question, or perhaps it is better if I say you missed the point of my question. What I asked was, given we can roughly say your service is an ICO platform, there are a lot of similar platforms already circling around, and most didn't safeguard the buyers against projects that do rugpull. Unfortunately, neither did i find any of your feature that attempting to fight against this known issue. So what's improvement that you purpose that differentiate you from others?

Just going through the list of questions.  Cool

Read my post above. If you have further questions by all means continue here.
WhaleMaker (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 04:16:05 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2021, 04:31:43 PM by WhaleMaker

-
Now you can access it, this is the new Whale Maker telegram group link https://t.me/officialwhalemaker
they made the announcement thread here, there should be a team here too.

Those team were online and active several days ago, but they prefer to take care of the bounty thread and their stakes instead of answering serious question here. Which, for me, is rather worrysome and questionable since they've hired a top BM so they should be more focused on their ann and leave the bounty thread to their BM

I agree with you here. There is someone taking care already about the bounty. They should be more active here as it is their official thread, where interested users are asking some vital questions like this.

This is a very bad excuse for a project that wants to be known and attract as many people as possible. What's the point to open an ANN thread if "you" are not willing to interact and answer to anyone who shows interest? Plus that I don't see any connection between managing bounties and replying here. Undecided
Sorry to say it but for me (and I'm sure to others as well) an inactive thread from the team, isn't a project that will look or involve more.

Well, I do apologize if you feel this way about the lack of responses thus far. Please read our explanation before.

To reiterate, our outreach & communication team member (who would've assisted on the communication) had an emergency regarding COVID. This still hasn't resolved. We are also in the middle of expanding and transitioning our team roles. Hence the delay in having a designated point of contact on BCT.

This will be improved.

Just being honest with you here. For what it's worth I do see where you're coming from.

Where is the information about the team? besides, is your project really connected to the Polkadot ecosystem and have several partnerships?
I like your thoughts on "Re-Inventing The Launchpad" this is a problem that occurs at this time.

Their should be a detailed explanation about the project in the announcement thread.You should included the team of the project and their destination.From that the investors come to know,the project is legit and invest their money.No one will invest single bucks without the proper acceptance.So you should included the roadmap to the thread.From the above command,I had found less active of team on a thread.It should be omitted to get good investors.

Thanks for the suggestion @usekevin.

This is something to consider as we progress and update our roadmap accordingly here for visibility.

I can't access the telegram community, I want to know more about the project.

I'm clicking the telegram links in this forum and in the website but can't access it.

Now you can access it, this is the new Whale Maker telegram group link https://t.me/officialwhalemaker
they made the announcement thread here, there should be a team here too.
It looks like they are more focused on advertising and bounties than answering the question here. I don't know if they have social media manager or not. Still, they should have a representative here to answer some of our questions regarding their project as it looks more suspicious if they have not one representative here.

Point taken. Please read previous messages.
WhaleMaker (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 12:53:29 PM

🐳🐳🐳 ATTENTION Whales: The Whitelisting is now live! 🐳🐳🐳

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfO9AKik3wRfhNPBaE3z_K93-5vxaVxPDK3ctucPq5H7oUI9A/viewform

Please use an accurate email address. In order to participate in our token sale, please fill out the Google form as this is a mandatory first step process.

After completion, stay tuned for further updates here. Looking forward to seeing everyone here!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: