Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:54:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Good Luck Token - Your Digital Lucky Charm  (Read 129 times)
GoodLuckToken (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2021, 11:07:42 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2021, 06:42:23 AM by GoodLuckToken

Hey everyone! Today I would like to introduce a small new project I started which aims to offer a digital version of a physical product familiar to people all around the world.

Introduction
Built on the Ethereum blockchain, Good Luck Token is a standard ERC-20 virtual token inspired by chance, fortune and superstition. Created to bestow luck to those who hold them, our tokens are digitized good luck charms befitting of the modern age.

Physical coinage, medallions and lucky charms have been coveted among superstitious people and believers in fate as far back as the beginning of time. Completely virtual, our kismet cryptocurrency allows such persons to collect and carry their luck digitally.

LUCK Tokens solve two common problems superstitious people experience:
-The fear of losing or misplacing their lucky coin/charm.
-The fear of forgetting or damaging their lucky coin/charm.

Pack your wallet and prosper. Enjoy the assurance of securely and safely carrying good luck tokens locked within the vault of your Ethereum wallet and digitally attainable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Tokenomics
Token Name: Good Luck Token
Token Symbol: LUCK
Token Type: ERC-20
Token Network: Ethereum
Decimals: 0
Max Supply: 888,888,888
Contract Address: 0x3fd9c817e0f1b9653beef770f8cd4251970395f7

Where Can You Get LUCK Tokens?
You can contribute to the project by swapping Ethereum (ETH) for Good Luck Token (LUCK) through our website. Tokens are automatically distributed to your Ethereum wallet once the transaction is confirmed. Contributions will be used to cover smart contracts and liquidity for exchange listings.

Links
White Paper: https://www.goodlucktoken.com/goodlucktoken_whitepaper_v1.pdf
Medium: https://medium.com/@GoodLuckToken
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/GoodLuckToken
Telegram: https://t.me/GoodLuckTokenCommunity
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoodLuckToken

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rasvicmy

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 08:19:38 AM

So right now users can get LUCK tokens only through project website, but what do you plan in the future, what listings?
Kazkar

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 09:14:16 AM

I have read the White Paper, and I do not understand why this coin was created. Just for collecting?
Orlo4ndex

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 09:17:42 AM

Good Luck Token was created to bestow luck to those who hold them. Tokens are digitized good luck charms befitting of the modern age. What?? Very strange definition
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 07:57:42 PM

Good Luck Token was created to bestow luck to those who hold them. Tokens are digitized good luck charms befitting of the modern age. What?? Very strange definition

Only those naive users will buy this kind of token. Nothing much of importance actually. Anyway, the OP already said that this is a small project so it is up to the user if he will buy it or not. I don't know if many people still believe with good luck charm items. And now, he said it is going digital, really? How can this be a good luck charm when after you bought it, and couple of months, there's no more value in the market. So that is for the user to think about before buying this token.
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2021, 08:52:48 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2021, 07:02:33 PM by necromastery

I have read the White Paper, and I do not understand why this coin was created. Just for collecting?
I'm extremely believe that this token created only for fun, there's no actually uses cases for this token. Usually only 1 year old at most, then everything will disappear. Moreover, the distribution is via airdrop which has 3 rounds, so it depends on the token holders, I'm a bit confused how to make it valuable.
GoodLuckToken (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2021, 04:12:24 AM

Thanks for your replies everyone!

@Rasvicmy - That's correct - Right now tokens can only be purchased through the project website. Ideally, I would like to have the token added to some exchanges (mainly UniSwap since it's seems to be the biggest and most popular). Listing it requires liquidity which is what I was planning to use the contributions for.

@Kazkar - Thanks for taking a look over the whitepaper. Collecting is one thing people can choose to do with the token (holding it, basically). Right now since it isn't listed on exchanges, that's about all that can be done (unless you wanted to send them to someone else manually). Over time, the goal is to have the token be tradable on exchanges as well.

@Orlo4ndex - The idea behind the project was to take something that people have always used in a physical form (good luck coins..good luck charms..etc) and make it available like most other things are these days - in a digital form.

@CaVO32 - As you stated, this is a small project and there isn't the kind of "technology" behind this token that you will find in most other projects. I completely understand the importance you speak of, because that is pretty much correct. Other projects do many different things from a technological standpoint which this definitely does not do. This is not a security of any type. I have tried to lay everything out on both the website and the white paper that this is not an investment. People can contribute to get these tokens and hopefully be able to exchange them in the future if they choose to do so.

@necromastery - At the moment, there isn't much you can do with these tokens aside from holding them or transferring them to someone. Even a year from now, there will not be much more technology done for this token because it will always be a simple token: obtainable through the website (and hopefully some exchanges) and tradable. But, there won't be much else other than that unless I can think of other creative ways for people to use them. Distribution is done instantly when swapped through the website (even right now), but I plan to run 3 giveaways (currently running 1) which will give people some free tokens. Those won't get distributed until the end of the giveaways.

Thanks again for the replies and feedback everyone! As I initially mentioned - this is a small project and there isn't the kind of technology behind it that you would find in most other projects listed on Bitcointalk. Nowhere in my initial thread (or on the white paper/website) do I mention this should be seen as an investment or security. It's just a simple project that aims to take a physical product and make it virtual. As of right now the project is mainly for getting tokens and either holding them or trading them on exchanges (once listed). If anyone has any ideas on other things the token could be used for, please feel free to share them!
Kazkar

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 07:41:24 PM

Thanks for your replies everyone!

@Kazkar - Thanks for taking a look over the whitepaper. Collecting is one thing people can choose to do with the token (holding it, basically). Right now since it isn't listed on exchanges, that's about all that can be done (unless you wanted to send them to someone else manually). Over time, the goal is to have the token be tradable on exchanges as well.

Thanks for the answer, I read it. Wish you luck, and I will be an observer of your project.  Wink
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2021, 07:42:54 PM

Even if you say this is just a small project, surely you have a target token price that you want, right?
Yeah just,,, unfortunately you are using eth as the token network, why not BSC which is very friendly nowadays? About the current giveaway, what if you get 1000 entries in the near future, is the raffle still based on the schedule?

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
GoodLuckToken (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2021, 08:47:52 AM

Thanks @Kazkar. I wish you the best of luck with all of your future endeavors as well!  Smiley

@mandor - Thanks for your post! I decided to initially price the tokens at $0.10 USD/each. This is what they're priced at on the website which is the only place they are obtainable from at the moment. It's higher than others, but this token doesn't use decimals like most others, so people can't own just part of one. They either own an entire token or none. On top of that, there is only one fixed amount which was created and disbursed at the time of creating the token, so there will only ever be 888,888,888 total tokens in supply. There is no mining, burning or minting with this token - when they're gone, they're gone (unless you get them from someone else who holds them).

To reward those who get in earlier, I'm only offering tokens on the website in rounds of 10 million. The first 10 Million will be swapped at $0.10 USD/each, then the price will go up by $0.01 USD for the next 10 Million, and so on. The plan was to do this until all tokens I've reserved for website swaps (37.5% of total tokens, or 333,333,333) are gone. If I manage to get the token listed on an exchange during the process, I would be list it at whatever the current website price is. Depending on the number of holders and such, traders on the exchange could move the price down, but that can happen with any coins. To gain exposure I've been running giveaways, which I will probably stick to as opposed to airdrops because I believe it will help prevent too many people from getting the tokens who would then just dump them.

Sorry for such a long answer to your question, but I hope this kind of explains the route I'm taking. Overall, my target price is $0.10 USD/token. I'm currently running a 50% off coupon which means people can currently get them at $0.05 USD/token. I was planning to run this until enough funds are raised for me to get it listed on at least one initial exchange. Getting it out there to where the token was more tradable (and visible to people) is basically the next step I'm wanting to take.

Seeing that gas prices are still an issue, I do kind of wish I had gone the BSC route instead of ETH. My blockchain programming skills are still improving and I found it easier to learn with example code and find help online for Ethereum. My hope is the Ether 2.0 stuff is going to continue rolling out and get the gas prices back down, which I think might help with getting more contributions and holders. Ethereum is losing tons of money right now to BSC (and more specifically, PancakeSwap), so I'm hopeful they will get that figured out. Personally, I've had to stop using Ether for small swaps because I'm not going to pay $5 in gas to grab $15 or $20 worth of tokens. If Ether gas prices are still this high in a couple of months I'm really going to be smacking myself in the head wishing I had gone the BSC route instead, lol..

I was planning the same schedule/payout for the giveaway no matter how many people entered, although if anything I will up the number of people getting the prize - I won't be changing the end or announcement date, though.

Sorry for such a long response, but I think that covers everything.
ajskjean

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 01:36:53 PM

I don't quite understand why users don't need to worry about losing, forgetting and misplacing of Good Luck Token?
Kazkar

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 07:11:14 AM

Thanks @Kazkar. I wish you the best of luck with all of your future endeavors as well!  Smiley

Sorry for such a long response, but I think that covers everything.

There is nothing to ask for forgiveness. On the contrary, I get a detailed answer.
Now the gas price has already dropped and in the future I think it will continue to decline. I hope everything works out.

And I've seen some projects run on two platforms. Perhaps this is a good chance to learn how to work on both platform simultaneously.
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2021, 09:17:40 PM

I'm happy to prepare my big bag since because I read "12.5% (111,111,111 LUCK tokens) are reserved for giveaways and airdrops"  I'm a little curious when the airdrop will start, it won't happen in just one round and it's very different from the giveaway concept that is taking place on the website, right?

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓