Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:24:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NFTs Copyright  (Read 54 times)
SanaUllah124 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2021, 07:47:02 AM

How are artists selling their NFTs that have already copyrighted characters in them? I also would love to use DC and Marvel etc. I wasn't sure if this was allowed.
I know Beeple uses Simpsons, Buzz Lightyear, and so on in some of his sold NFTs but How is this possible?

Thanks.
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1287

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2021, 09:15:51 AM

How are artists selling their NFTs that have already copyrighted characters in them? I also would love to use DC and Marvel etc. I wasn't sure if this was allowed.
I know Beeple uses Simpsons, Buzz Lightyear, and so on in some of his sold NFTs but How is this possible?

Thanks.

NFT is Non-exchangeable tokens that are proof of your ownership of distinctive tokens that cannot be changed, and therefore you own that token and when you sell it, you sell it that have one value and cannot be changed.

It works with digital objects that you can easily prove your ownership of.
As for the real things, it is sufficient to prove that you own them, and then the court can deduct the money from seller and return it to its real owner if you sell something that is not owned.
Don Pavilion

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 01:24:28 PM

Thanks.

Marvel and DC are big corporations, so I wouldn't risk putting out art with their characters. I asked myself this question, but I did not find a full answer. And I decided to come up with something of my own. It will be safer.

On what platform do you post your NFT?

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: