Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:09:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Bitcoin almost made me rich  (Read 798 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 12:00:36 PM

I don’t store my Bitcoin on the wallet that I didn’t control and every time I transfer, I’m making sure that my keys are still there and my information are still intact.

That’s a huge money mate and I understand how frustrated you are right now, and the only solution to this is to look for those keys, and hopefully there’s still chance that you can find it. This is a reminder to everyone to always protect our private keys and always put it on a safe place.
^ This could be the possible outcome when people hearing about BTC without proper knowledge, they only heard about the possible profit upon investing but technically, they don't have any idea. First is storing BTC in the right wallet that you have control over your BTC and keep it in a safe place that nobody knows aside from your trusted family member. Many bad people are now trying to find a way just to take advantage of weak people, we should have responsible enough and of course, before adopting at least we should know first.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 12:33:37 PM

This is a reminder to everyone to always protect our private keys and always put it on a safe place.
I'm not sure how many people here are learning from others' mistakes. Because I have seen in many topics where people were suffering just because of saving all their money in an hacked/scam exchanges. The very basic thumb rule of crypto space must be, "not your key is not your money".

Yeah, we must have wallets locally either in computer or in mobile phone. So that we could have all the control over our money. Depending on any online services and then they are shutting down is commonly happening everyday in this crypto space. Only when people are learning from everyday activities, they could find themselves secured from future incidents.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 01:21:57 PM

This is how my dream of becoming a millionaire was shattered by my ignorance...pls is their a narrow escape to my misfutune?

It is not a misfortune, may we called to that your unlucky year for crypto. You're not alone, a lot of people suffering such self blamings as we misses such a great opportunity but since we are not the one who controls the market plus being too greedy and overly hypes thinking that it never drops, that is the usual thing to happen.

Take this as a lesson to learn, and consider this as a footstep for a better understanding of crypto. It is full of tricks, you can't be sure of everything in the future, so if ever there is a chance of having a good profit might be contented with that and don't miss it.
Scripture

Activity: 1303
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 01:41:15 PM

That can totally change your life but not that you've lost your private keys, you have to move on and keep dreaming again until you reach that goal. This is life, we learn from our expensive experience but know that this is not the end of your life and you can always have bitcoin. Don't use any wallet if you don't know how to keep your private keys, this must be your top priority before anything else. Bitcoin can still make you rich, start over again.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2380
Merit: 342

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 11:13:50 PM

That can totally change your life but not that you've lost your private keys, you have to move on and keep dreaming again until you reach that goal. This is life, we learn from our expensive experience but know that this is not the end of your life and you can always have bitcoin. Don't use any wallet if you don't know how to keep your private keys, this must be your top priority before anything else. Bitcoin can still make you rich, start over again.
But that is much and it is really hard to accept it.

I just hope that OP still has the strength to start trading again and leave this thing as a memory to make his life going better. And this could give somewhat a lesson to everyone remembering that we have to secure our keys and that be sure that we are the one who controls our wallet, not the other person or third party services.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 11:45:05 PM

It made me remember those days that I failed to sell my altcoins after the popularity of ICO, and I was unfortunate that time because I wasn't able to sell my holdings due to worst bearish market from 2017-2020. Everything went down and those days I trusted the holdings I had but I was just became frustrated, and didn't recover to the previous highest value it went through. If I made my decision quickly maybe I've had the chance to hold btc until now, and that was at around $12k which is capable of buying btc at lower cost that year of 2017.
So sad story, but I needed to move on and face another chapter in life in order to be successful in cryptocurrency.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 11:51:30 PM

But that is much and it is really hard to accept it.

I just hope that OP still has the strength to start trading again and leave this thing as a memory to make his life going better. And this could give somewhat a lesson to everyone remembering that we have to secure our keys and that be sure that we are the one who controls our wallet, not the other person or third party services.
Let’s give him time to recover and to move on, its not easy to lose such opportunity to become a millionaire and seriously I don’t know what to do if that thing happened to me, fortunately I don’t have such amount of money.

Anyway, always remember to back up your private keys on many ways and don’t ever lose that key because its very important. I suggest to have USB file, write it on a black book, and tell your partner about this, it can be a big help.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 11:02:52 AM

Based on my little experience in the currency market four years ago, then I was still in the university then trying to make pocket money from little of my trading ideas. You know buying  a particular currency pairs at the bottom while selling at the top with few of my trading strategies like the Bollinger bands, RSI and and the moving averages.

I decided to invest in Bitcoin with the help of my new friends who are into Bitcoin trading and investments. Although at that time I didn't have substantial knowledge on how bitcoin works so, I decided to invest all my hard earn money to the extent I sold my most precious treasure which is my classical Guitar that I always use for my musical classes. Then my dream was to keep my Bitcoin for at least 1 years for it to appreciate more before selling it so I could be as rich compared to my local government chair lol. My dream!

I was working then so I decided to apply for mini jobs so as to get extra money to buy more bitcoins cause I wasn't getting enough from my currency trading. I was able to acquire 2.25 Bitcoin worth $18,000. As at 2017 one bitcoin worth about $8,000. Then the only popular crypto wallet in my region was Blockchain, so i was using it to store my Bitcoin. After a while I venture into Bitcoin investments. Never new they're all Ponzi scheme...I lost half of my Bitcoin to Ponzi scheme cos I was a novice to the cryto world.

I almost go mad when I realized that my dream of become a big boy is almost shattered. I was pain in which I couldn't think straight losing more than $9,000 worth of bitcoin. I lost focus, I couldn't continue my musical training cause my classical guitar, my enthusiasm is almost gone. I decided to dump everything about crypto currency giving it a break. I also deleted my Blockchain wallet from my phone.

Last year during the early stage of convid 19, I could remember that I had bitcoin somewhere so, I went in search of it. I reinstalled my Blockchain wallet but I couldn't logged in cos it's was asking me of my private keys. I've searched every corners, books, dairies but still couldn't find my private keys.
At least I should have not less than 1.1 bitcoin in my wallet which could worth more than $70,000. Converting this money to my country currency makes me a millionaire.

This is how my dream of becoming a millionaire was shattered by my ignorance...pls is their a narrow escape to my misfutune?

If you invest in bitcoin in 2015-16 you will got rich now, people in the past 5 years didnt believe in bitcoin,they say that bitcoin is a big fraud but they wrong bitcoin and alternative currency is popular now, trading bitcoin with other pairs of currencies is legit and better invest now so that you can gain from it.

Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 11:21:58 AM

That's right, just keep moving forward and learn from those mistakes, you are actually one step closer to success since you know and admit to your mistakes, the only way to get out of this misfortune that you are saying is to move on. As long as you are alive, you can still do things to be successful.
Ewox

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 02:50:17 PM

That’s so frustrating especially when Bitcoin reached almost $70k, but I don’t think there is another way to recover your investment. I have a friend who also lost his private keys and couldn’t find the written private keys too. So sorry for what happened to your PK, hopefully you’ll be able to recover them and if not I hope you are able to move on past it and probably invest again; learn from your mistakes.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 03:19:56 PM

Bitcoin price is already high at 2017 ago I can't imagine why would you treat bitcoin like it is worthless. You spent a lot of money to buy bitcoin and you felt to the scam way and you just forgot 1 bitcoin in your wallet.

Actually, I will never do that, although I got angry I'll sell my bitcoin first and then I'll forget it comparing to forget 1 bitcoin in a wallet.

Yeah this is bitcoin different with traditional asset, you still have a chance to get your asset back when you lost your certificate asset but not in bitcoin. You have to keep some access to open your wallet either in hardware wallet or yoh keep it in some exchanges.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 03:21:13 PM

That’s so frustrating especially when Bitcoin reached almost $70k, but I don’t think there is another way to recover your investment. I have a friend who also lost his private keys and couldn’t find the written private keys too. So sorry for what happened to your PK, hopefully you’ll be able to recover them and if not I hope you are able to move on past it and probably invest again; learn from your mistakes.
Yes, I hope he can still recover his wallet and be able to sell it now. All of us especially for those people that know about cryptocurrency way back 2017 when the cryptocurrency is not popular as it is now. I have also got some good money now if I'm not sold it at low price compared today but I'm not regretting it since that money I was be able to graduate and help my family with some of our needs. It could make me rich and be able to start some business today but it already happened and I just look forward and start again earning as much as possible so that I'm not be able to missed it again.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2021, 05:30:08 PM

Keeping every wallet key that is owned securely and can be found easily is something that needs to be done. Many have lost access to their wallets due to their own carelessness. even up to thousands of birtcoins and until now cannot be opened. This always happened, when a few years ago the price of bitcoin was so cheap, people didn't really care about it. But when the bitcoin price hit the over $ 60k everyone started looking for their past wallets.

It is very frustrating to have a wallet with BTC but lose access. it will be a good lesson not to leave the key or forget it, because one day it will be very valuable.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 07:20:07 PM

Don't worry, OP.
The same story could be told by those who invested back in 2010.
Imagine their sighs right now when they realized that they left a humongous amount that grew over the years. They won't even give a crap even if it seems like bearish right now.

I could've done the same actually, like I won't care that I invested something then suddenly I would just be locked up because I forgot where my seeds/private keys are stored or written, because I didn't expect anything from it back then anyway.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 713

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 09:36:21 PM

I don’t store my Bitcoin on the wallet that I didn’t control and every time I transfer, I’m making sure that my keys are still there and my information are still intact.

That’s a huge money mate and I understand how frustrated you are right now, and the only solution to this is to look for those keys, and hopefully there’s still chance that you can find it. This is a reminder to everyone to always protect our private keys and always put it on a safe place.
The sad part is that this is kind of an unforgivable mistake, for example I can kind of understand those that have a lost their coins when bitcoin was worth only a dollar or something like that because back then it was impossible for them to think the price was going to get so high so quickly, so I can understand why they were not as careful with their coins.

But in the case of the OP his coins were already very valuable and he should have known that a day will come when bitcoin will be way more valuable than what it was back then and still he was not careful enough to keep his coins safe.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 656

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 10:37:37 PM

The sad part is that this is kind of an unforgivable mistake, for example I can kind of understand those that have a lost their coins when bitcoin was worth only a dollar or something like that because back then it was impossible for them to think the price was going to get so high so quickly, so I can understand why they were not as careful with their coins.

But in the case of the OP his coins were already very valuable and he should have known that a day will come when bitcoin will be way more valuable than what it was back then and still he was not careful enough to keep his coins safe.
Its a mistake where its really a regrettable one and that's why we should really be mindful on keeping our coins safe because we don't know on what comes next when it comes to future.

Missed out opportunities are common and the ways on how those things being committed will vary and this is one of the example.Its just really a stressful thing for you to mind off

and going into those old days that if you weren't able to commit such mistake then you might had already changed up yourself when it comes to financial state but
sadly it didn't happen due to those bad decisions or being too careless.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 27, 2021, 02:24:59 AM

most of them are psychologically attacked, resulting in the frustration they get after the coin price drops. therefore it requires consistency with the analysis that we have made, so that we remain calm when the market is still moving within the range of our framework.

k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 27, 2021, 01:29:11 PM

I'm not sure how many people here are learning from others' mistakes. Because I have seen in many topics where people were suffering just because of saving all their money in an hacked/scam exchanges. The very basic thumb rule of crypto space must be, "not your key is not your money".

Yeah, we must have wallets locally either in computer or in mobile phone. So that we could have all the control over our money. Depending on any online services and then they are shutting down is commonly happening everyday in this crypto space. Only when people are learning from everyday activities, they could find themselves secured from future incidents.

On the other hand those shared mistakes of our colleagues here are also a lesson learned for us that we must take seriously. I guess the issue of having a well secured wallet where you would going to store all your coin was been talking here in forum not once but always because it is where you can have a peace of mind to store your profit so it must be well secured.
So since a secured wallet was been already an issue for me, I was feel secured using a hard wallet.
darewaller

Activity: 2842
Merit: 639

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
April 27, 2021, 06:35:48 PM

I guess the issue of having a well secured wallet where you would going to store all your coin was been talking here in forum not once but always because it is where you can have a peace of mind to store your profit so it must be well secured.
Yeah, I'm not finding any big difficulties for finding a secured wallet based on our computer or android mobile phones. These days we are having lots of options while choosing wallets (https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet) unlike what I have seen some 4 or 5 years back. Still I'm seeing lots of people are preferring exchanges and web wallets to save their coins for no good reasons.

I guess people are too lazy these days and due to this reason they are simply listening to Internet strangers and then keeping all their money on exchanges or web wallets itself.

Imran232

Activity: 700
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 27, 2021, 06:50:13 PM

If you use blockchain then you Should check your mail which was blockchain.info which is now converted to blockchain.com if you search on you email you might get that email where you get your private key i hope soo. But remember private is not only needed to open that account because you also needed password too. Without both of them you can't get it. And one more thing if you had that email you can request for your private key. Which they will give you. I suggest you to read there faq section where you will get all information. Hope you might get a solution otherwise sorry for your loss.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: