Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:20:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beware of bnktothefuture.com  (Read 97 times)
Ursul0 (OP)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 01:50:46 PM

bnktothefuture.com is a shitcan as it seems, they have no functioning support while dealing with customer's funds.
after 3+ months of continuous verifications(kyc update) of ALREADY verified and invested account I'm still locked out of my investment. [and I'm squeaky clean and kosher. what a bunch of...]

Also what kind of organization would allow to create endless number of support tickets and then do nothing to follow through on any of them and basically ignore my requests not to close the ticket and instead sending me auto replies with suggestion to close the ticket. 

sometimes some real people reply once or twice, I have no time to deal with it constantly, but every time I do something(EVERYTHING) they ask and I try to login into my account after a week or a few... I see that I'm still limited in account functions and can see but cannot trade or move my investment.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 05:55:21 PM

I was able to cash out of my investment in bnktothefuture. IIRC, I was asked to complete KYC verification at the time of investment, and had to verify information similar to what I originally verified several years later.
Ursul0 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 12:27:34 PM

this is how it would go:
I open a ticket, they politely and humanly answer:

and after a while they will suggest to close the ticket and ask me if I'm satisfied. And nothing more, ever.
Lets see if this time it will be any different.
Ursul0 (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 12:36:30 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2021, 06:51:07 PM by Ursul0

I was able to cash out of my investment in bnktothefuture. IIRC, I was asked to complete KYC verification at the time of investment, and had to verify information similar to what I originally verified several years later.

yes, similar story with me, I was deemed compliant(and I know that I still am, and they should be too) and was able to invest two years ago , I provided exactly the same docs now. but these failed to get re-validated by their external provider and after three months now some of my docs are outdated and different(and issuing the proper ones now requires me to go to another country). and the fuckers just have no idea how to escalate and prioritize and follow trough. (and in case they do know what they are doing, its definitely a scummy outfit)  

so it seems there like three people and a bot in support sending some general emails and then wait for god knows what, having no clue of anything or capable of doing nothing.
(Liquid exchange support is the worst in this way btw Smiley)
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 11:52:47 PM

this is how it would go:
I open a ticket, they politely and humanly answer:

and after a while they will suggest to close the ticket and ask me if I'm satisfied. And nothing more, ever.
Lets see if this time it will be any different.

They will try to make it appear that they are trying to address your issue, but it's not this is auto-generated, even if they have an influx of messages with the length of time, they should address your issue in a month's time, you should move or create a thread in the scam section to alarm them and warn people about the kind of service they are giving to their clients.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 11:58:05 PM

They will try to make it appear that they are trying to address your issue, but it's not this is auto-generated, even if they have an influx of messages with the length of time, they should address your issue in a month's time, you should move or create a thread in the scam section to alarm them and warn people about the kind of service they are giving to their clients.

Heard this exchange only today. Checked it in trustpilot to read reviews - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bnktothefuture.com

You can read positive and negative. Most are accusing them as scammers. Wonder if those that give high rating is part of the platform itself. Anyway, what is the major reason why the OP invested on this site? Are they offering good returns of your investments?
Ursul0 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 06:57:43 PM

Heard this exchange only today. Checked it in trustpilot to read reviews - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bnktothefuture.com

You can read positive and negative. Most are accusing them as scammers. Wonder if those that give high rating is part of the platform itself. Anyway, what is the major reason why the OP invested on this site? Are they offering good returns of your investments?

you could invest into various projects that are not available otherwise. I picked up some Kraken shares there.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 11:12:27 PM

yes, similar story with me, I was deemed compliant(and I know that I still am, and they should be too) and was able to invest two years ago , I provided exactly the same docs now. but these failed to get re-validated by their external provider and after three months now some of my docs are outdated and different(and issuing the proper ones now requires me to go to another country). and the fuckers just have no idea how to escalate and prioritize and follow trough. (and in case they do know what they are doing, its definitely a scummy outfit)  

If you are trying to use expired documents to complete KYC verification, they will probably not accept these documents. Getting updated documents may be inconvenient, but I understand why they would need this from a compliance standpoint.

I would hope you understand why they need current KYC documents. I don't think you would appreciate it if your bank allowed someone with your old expired driver's license to withdraw cash from your account.

I have found their support to be not very good, and generally did not have a good experience with them. It took years for bnktothefuture to roll out a secondary market, and I believe caused investors to miss out on a bull run peak.  
Ursul0 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 10:12:41 AM

If you are trying to use expired documents to complete KYC verification, they will probably not accept these documents. Getting updated documents may be inconvenient, but I understand why they would need this from a compliance standpoint.

I would hope you understand why they need current KYC documents. I don't think you would appreciate it if your bank allowed someone with your old expired driver's license to withdraw cash from your account.

I have found their support to be not very good, and generally did not have a good experience with them. It took years for bnktothefuture to roll out a secondary market, and I believe caused investors to miss out on a bull run peak.  

1) the docs were not expired when I tried to renew
2) I sent them updated(different set of) docs manually, several times that they ignored(refused to accept or assist with kyc update), also the external KYC provider is in unclear status (over 3 months now in "it may take 48 hours to review")
3) at one point I lost access to he site completely, now I can login, but no operations possible.
4) for weeks the KYS status page was stuck at the last step of " confirm and submit" (with no login to the site possible)

Looks like pretty clear case of shitting own pants on the part of bnktothefuture
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: