Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 07:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for Total Newb -- Head Is Spinning LOL  (Read 85 times)
Teedonkey (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2021, 03:07:47 PM

I humbly come to the forum as a new miner/investor/trader.  I spent quite a bit of time this morning reading the thread "Don't Panic Sell When There Is A Dump", and I seem to have made every mistake you all mentioned in that thread.

Mainly I have NO plan  Sad.  I've tried reading around the web, and watching videos, but my head is spinning from all the information.  How do I develop a plan, what constitutes a plan?

Some history of my current mess lol...

1) Started mining ETH, in January 2021 and currently have about .5 ETH in a Metamask wallet.  It just sits in there, I've done nothing to move it.  It looked great last week, like $1,000.00, but not so much now LOL.
     2) Last week opened a Coinbase account to get my feet wet in buying some ETH, and maybe throwing around a little money at other coins.
     3) Friday I bought $500 in ETH on Coinbase -- apparently total rookie mistake buying during a "pump"

Of course I panicked, but I've am still holding the ETH (and all the ETH I've mined sitting in Metamask).  Mainly cause I have no plan, or idea of what to do, but I also believe that ETH could come back.  I thought maybe swapping it to a stablecoin like DAI on Coinbase, and wait for ETH to bottom out, and then swap back from DAI to ETH on the next rise.  But with my small amount is it worth the swapping fees?

On the other end, I've thought about buying $250 more of ETH while it's low. But is that just throwing good money at bad money? Again no plan is apparently killing me.

Any tips on developing a plan for my mined ETH in Metamask (leave it there, move it, swap it?), the $500 in ETH I purchased Friday (move to a stablecoin, hold, or buy more at the current price).  I haven't invested any more then I am willing to lose, but I am not trying to lose it in a week LOL. 

Just looking for guidelines on how to make a decision based on some sort of plan.

Thanks all for any guidance.
Why you bully me

Activity: 148
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 02:51:38 AM

Just do what you believe in, for example: If you think ethereum is going to keep and maintain the main blockchain to be used and improve then hold it or buy more etc. If you do not believe in something sell it off for something else, the key really is just to do your own research and what you believe in and make decisions from that.

Hope it helps!
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 05:24:48 AM

Okay OP, here is what you need to do, Ethereum can be quite complex but once you understand how Metamask works, look into earning interest on your Ethereum on iearnfinance etc. Also look into buying undervalued tokens on Uniswap, like 0xMR and CVP. If you want to get rich you're going to need to invest in low cap alts. If you can't stomach the risk, or don't understand Metamask, Uniswap, and DeFI, just buy a larger cap like LINK on coinbase. LINK will likely surpass the price of Ethereum one day IMO.
Luffygroove

Activity: 966
Merit: 25

Ton Together | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 19, 2021, 06:31:31 AM

First of all, I think you need to strengthen your basic and technical knowledge about cryptocurrencies, so you'll get a more organized understanding of this. When you have better knowledge and analysis you'll know what things you should do, for example to your ethereum in metamask for your best practice. Try to search for more information about the project, ethereum for example already did a fork called berlin and further will do London and so on to overcome their high fees issues and so on, and in near future, it might affect the price. Just keep learning, dude that's how we can improve ourselves in the crypto sphere.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: